2021 U18 Girls World Championship

• Sorry, but Ituma is not like Egonu in the same age. Egonu was much more decisive player. I'm not saying that Ituma won't be good, but for sure she needs more improvement than Paola

Egonu is one of very best, if not the best player of her generation, there are few players in past decade or so who can be even compared to Egonu.

But this final performance, no matter which way this finale ends up, shouldn't negate how awesome tournament Ituma has had.

• Egonu is one of very best, if not the best player of her generation, there are few players in past decade or so who can be even compared to Egonu.

But this final performance, no matter which way this finale ends up, shouldn't negate how awesome tournament Ituma has had.

Of course it won't negate. I'm just comparing both in the same age championship...

• Who better to win the last 2 points than the best player herself: Suvorova!

• Congrats to Russia: it's obviously tricky, even more in a female volleyball, to make a direct link between successful junior career and professional success in volleyball, but indeed it may be a beginning of the golden generation of Russian volleyball, considering the level of technique and versatilty of this group of players that is rare in Russian vball. Like I said earlier, they can put another starting lineup with reserves and Arina that could've potentially won a whole event considering what a great player Arina has already become. I'm very neutral towards Russian volleyball, but it'd be great for a female volleyball in general to have another European team at the top, so good luck in coming back to this level in a future.

MVP for Kobzar or Suvorova, it's a coin toss for me.

• At this level, Kobzar-Suvorova setter-MB connection is very impressive and really good to watch. Russian senior NT could never :lol:

Suvorova has done extremely well in these junior tournaments. I'm curious if she carries over that attacking performance in senior NT. Most MBs that transitioned to Senior NT are mostly there to block. The current (and probably the only) Russian MB who made an impact in attack is Koroleva. And before her, Tishchenko (probably the best MB ever from Russia). I remember Lyubushkina was deadly with the slide back then in Busto but wasn't able to show half of it in NT.

• I expected it would end up in straight sets for Russia, but a silver for Italy is way more than I was expecting before the tournament 😂

I think there are some interesting players for Italy (other than Ituma obviously) and the progress they made from last year's ECh is very impressive. I really liked Acciarri and Viscioni (but as I said already I think she should try to move position to the left, there is a niche for receiving opposites I guess but it's still very limiting) and I think Giuliani and Bellia (even though she didn't play a lot here) could become interesting OH if they improve their attack, a tall OH with good reception/defense even if they are not the main weapon is always very useful and would be really needed for senior NT in the future.

Was there a dream team or they only had the MVP?

• I expected it would end up in straight sets for Russia, but a silver for Italy is way more than I was expecting before the tournament 😂

I think there are some interesting players for Italy (other than Ituma obviously) and the progress they made from last year's ECh is very impressive. I really liked Acciarri and Viscioni (but as I said already I think she should try to move position to the left, there is a niche for receiving opposites I guess but it's still very limiting) and I think Giuliani and Bellia (even though she didn't play a lot here) could become interesting OH if they improve their attack, a tall OH with good reception/defense even if they are not the main weapon is always very useful and would be really needed for senior NT in the future.

Was there a dream team or they only had the MVP?

MVP: Suvorova

Best Setter: Kobzar

Best Opp: Viscioni

Best OH: Ituma, Wucherer

Best MB: Suvorova, Kurtagic

Best L: Barbero

bg5d54xpgwljrjrttk6i.jpg

• Like I said before I didn't expected too much from this italian team,then I see Ituma could get the team far in this competition ad I also see they changed their roster from last ech

Congrats for the girls,I like the way they played and I personally expect Ituma stays as OH

yeah she is weak at receive and defense but with training let's see,italy what needs is OH