2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• As many other mentioned here earlier, Türkiye does not have an opposite to rely on. Ebrar is not the one and she will never be, I was very hopeful about her in 2018-2019. She had not developed playing in Italy and she is out of shape. And for Eda, some Turkish twitters mentioned implicitly that she is also a problem but they are afraid of FB fans I think...

• What kind of ghost can make 5 bloks and many touches?🤦 Beyza couldn't close any gap while she was running around like a headless chicken. I don't think Eda was the problem today and there's no replacement for Zehra & Eda other than Kübra & Aslı. For whatever reason Guidetti didn't invite neither of two. Instead he brought his new VakıfBank transfer Bahar😒

It's not that I hate on Eda, she is one of my favorite players ever. It's the fact that everything in this NT starts to feel rigged... More players should be tried, it's not 2015, she doesn't need to play every single match, if she gets injured none of the other options have even been tried.

I'm sure Ayçin did better in trainings than Bahar as well but it's his VB transfer that counts 🙄

• When the NT hype started, i was dreaming about Ognjenovic and Antonijevic duo, and instead of that they gave to me/us Mirkovic/Jaksic. Non related to this match result, but level of this 2 is embarassing.

• When the NT hype started, i was dreaming about Ognjenovic and Antonijevic duo, and instead of that they gave to me/us Mirkovic/Jaksic. Non related to this match result, but level of this 2 is embarassing.

I agree. I don't think the OHs are up to the level Serbia aims either. Middles, opposite and setter positions (with Maja) are well covered but Serbia should really invest on solid OHs. Tonight they delivered well but not sure if they will be a burden in quarter finals etc when things get more serious.

Also well done Santarelli. The substitutions of OHs in second set was a dumb decision but other than that, beating Guidetti without your 2 best players is a big thing. I am sure Giovanni is extra angry tonight :D

• After the terrible season, Popovic won't make it to the starting lineup, especially considering how good both stevanovic and Aleksic are currently.

Thanks for clarification on Busa's situation. People here tend to blame trainers very easily. She didn't play for a year and best way to get in shape is playing these matches as long as there is no medical issue which I'm sure she get the clearance. Those are professional players, no one is stupid to risk their careers by playing with injury

• As many other mentioned here earlier, Türkiye does not have an opposite to rely on. Ebrar is not the one and she will never be, I was very hopeful about her in 2018-2019. She had not developed playing in Italy and she is out of shape. And for Eda, some Turkish twitters mentioned implicitly that she is also a problem but they are afraid of FB fans I think...

You are being too harsh to Ebrar. Why would you say she will never be while her growth is quite substantial, and she had a great season in Italy by being basically the second best opposite of the league.

PS: Eda is not the problem

• Lazović was shockingly bad. Lol. But I’m so so so happen that Serbia won! It wasn’t pretty but I’m so proud of their fight. Santarelli is doing a great job

• It's not that I hate on Eda, she is one of my favorite players ever. It's the fact that everything in this NT starts to feel rigged... More players should be tried, it's not 2015, she doesn't need to play every single match, if she gets injured none of the other options have even been tried.

I'm sure Ayçin did better in trainings than Bahar as well but it's his VB transfer that counts 🙄

Yes I agree on that she shouldn't be playing this VNL at all or only the finals. And I'm also annoyed with Bahar making the final roster just after her transfer to VakıfBank so that Gui could work with her whole summer🤦

• It is a bummer that we miss this stevanovic in international volleyball because of Terzic!🤦 Same thing is happening with guidetti and Neriman, Gizem örge, Gizem Güreşen, Kübra etc🤦

• simge is how we all were watching that game. (or me watching any of the CEV teams this VNL)

jieMpnS.png

It was just after Mirkovic dum(p)b set error. Proper reaction.

• I have already written here that Beyza and Bahar may not be enough if there will be, for example, a quarterfinal etc.

Kübra and Aslı can be a great relief for Ed and Zehr.

I don't understand why Gui is so afraid to take the risk and put Derya on the pitch.

Eda played very well, Hande did well too ~ generally to Ed, Hande and Zehr you can have no objections and I would risk changing Meliha ~> Derya

• You are being too harsh to Ebrar. Why would you say she will never be while her growth is quite substantial, and she had a great season in Italy by being basically the second best opposite of the league.

PS: Eda is not the problem

I think Ebrar is a very good opposite but this is not the system she should be a part of.

Turkish system is: good receives+feed middles and feed opposite with tempo sets, so that you can leave OHs with single block almost all the time. Now, why would any middle be concerned with Ebrar when she gets those sky high sets? I mean they can literally go block Turkish OHs and then land and still make it to blocking Ebrar :D

That's why Meryem was a surprisingly key player for Turkiye for the last 2 summers, she could hit tempo sets. But now she is old and clearly she can no longer do that. Question is, if Giovanni wants to play with this system, then who should be the next Meryem, clearly not Ebrar. I would prefer one of the OHs being there instead, like Hande. Then it will be easier to play tempo sets and distribute the ball much faster. OHs can be Meliha, Ilkin, Saliha, Tugba and their priority is receiving anyway.

With Ebrar, Turkiye needs an attacking OH who can share the score load, someone like Neriman or Derya. But it seems like Giovanni does not want to try something new.

• I do not know why, for example, Saliha is not in the line-up and I am very angry for the lack of Gizem :wall: