China NT 2022

• Final results and standings of the FIBA 2022 Women's Basketball World Cup in Sydney, Australia today...

Gold Medal match: USA 83 : 61 CHINA

Bronze Medal match: AUSTRALIA 95 : 65 CANADA

🥇 USA

🥈 CHINA

🥉 AUSTRALIA

MVP: A’ja Wilson (USA)

CONGRATULATIONS ! to all the Medalists <3

* Chinese coach ZHENG WEI was awarded BEST COACH ! For the full list of awards and statistics, please go to..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…%27s_Basketball_World_Cup

• Only Li Ying Ying can make something good out of a bad set :flower:

• Not sure how LYY is still standing let alone carrying the team. She is leading the team’s attacks, service reception and also does her fair share in defence!!!
    Not one minute of rest so far!!
    For China’s sake, I hope she doesn’t get injured!! Maybe the Rubbish Bin coach won’t be happy until she collapsed out of exhaustion!
    Gong is definitely injured and not playing at her best.
    And what can we said about Wwy!!? Please get WMJ back asap!! 🙏

• No recap because I didn’t watch the full game (horrible internet while on the go, which also added to my overall irritation 😂)…

GXY, WMJ are injured (rumors are that it’s a wrist injury so…), which means that WWY will be the main libero moving forward, and Gong will continue limping along. Quite obvious now that once reception is poor, only LYY has the individual capability to kill a ball.

Looks like it’ll be like VNL all over again. No rhythm because there’s unstable reception, setter isn’t creative enough to make something out of very little, hence passing nothing onto the attackers, and successful digs by the libero will drastically decrease (did you see how SLOW WWY was?). Do you think we’ll get through the second round? After this performance, I doubt so…

I really think this coach is completely hopeless. The team selection has been horrid - it’s clear now he’s been relying on the players’ individual capabilities (个人能力) to win, with no overarching talent or game strategy. What has he brought to the team that any other figurehead could not have???? All the backups are not backups at all, but just benchwarmers - look at Brazil and how Ze has utilized all the players he brought to varying degrees of success. Cai has stubbornly stuck to one group and once members get injured, the whole team can’t function.

If LYY is injured, I predict 0-3 in every single subsequent game, and serves him right.

• No recap because I didn’t watch the full game (horrible internet while on the go, which also added to my overall irritation 😂)…

GXY, WMJ are injured (rumors are that it’s a wrist injury so…), which means that WWY will be the main libero moving forward, and Gong will continue limping along. Quite obvious now that once reception is poor, only LYY has the individual capability to kill a ball.

Looks like it’ll be like VNL all over again. No rhythm because there’s unstable reception, setter isn’t creative enough to make something or nothing, passing nothing onto the attackers, and successful digs by the libero will drastically decrease (did you see how SLOW WWY was?). Do you think we’ll get through the second round? After this performance, I doubt so…

I'm just thankful we're not crossing over with Group C.

• We could probably beat PR/Kenya but the other teams… with the team they showed today, I doubt they could beat the Belgium that played against Italy/Netherlands.

Nah I think we should be fine against Belgium and Netherlands. Ideal situation is Italy face Brazil in quarters and we play anyone else, second best situation is we face Brazil again in the quarters.

Worst situation is we lose unnecessary matches and face italy in the quarters.

• GOD forbide that LYY will get injured🙏. The lesson Cai Bin is bringing is I don’t care if my players are injured just play till you drop.☹️😭

• We could probably beat PR/Kenya but the other teams… with the team they showed today, I doubt they could beat the Belgium that played against Italy/Netherlands.

OMG lol stop!

• Congrats to Chinese Women's basketball team for getting the silver. Guards need to improve in order to beat USA.

Anyway Cai bird will not make any adjustments no matter what with his dodo style coaching. It is all dependent on the players' performances. I'm more concerned about players' health than anything else since it's a long tournament. Hope there's no burnout like previous editions.

• Congrats to Chinese Women's basketball team for getting the silver. Guards need to improve in order to beat USA.

Anyway Cai bird will not make any adjustments no matter what with his dodo style coaching. It is all dependent on the players' performances. I'm more concerned about players' health than anything else since it's a long tournament. Hope there's no burnout like previous editions.

the USA Guards were just insane ! I was thinking that if the top players from the rest of the world combined, they might still lose to this US team.

• no she doesn't.

a player that big so well acquainted with the floor … mad respect from me :rose: