Turkey NT 2022

• Honestly I'm not a fan of Gio for this team anymore, yesterday he gave horrible interviews already with a defeated attitude even before the match started. Turkiye are not implementing new players to the team :!:And our youth departments really have a lot to offer. I'm envious of Ze Roberto, what an amazing coach, the Brazillian players didn't look like they would go all the way early on in the tournament per se but giving them chances building a team with them worked so well.

Gio meanwhile implemented absolutely no one, didn't give anyone even a slight chance to prove themselves, and it seems that we are in the fear of losing an NT player each tournament, so we ended up with 2 MBs, I wonder if we will end up with 2 OHs and no Opps during Wch :rolll: He implements no one and kicks out 1 player after another. Kubra, Gizem, Neriman, Asli, Naz would all be crucial players here for TR. Like at least try people like Aycin to replace the lost MBs or Lila Sengun etc. to try to find a new Naz but no, he just has his 6-7 players + VB players and doesn't seem to actually care for the NT to me. I hope he gets kicked out.

Sorry! He might be great in some ways, doesn't mean everything he does will be great. I know this is the right decision when I noticed each tournament everyone is worried about some player disappearing from the NT, and no one has confidence new talents will be invited to Gio's NT so people even stop mentioning them :sos: Turkey is a volleyball country, the youth departments are great, the league is great, doing well with Turkey isn't such an overachievement anymore tbh, im not impressed

• Honestly I'm not a fan of Gio for this team anymore, yesterday he gave horrible interviews already with a defeated attitude even before the match started. Turkiye are not implementing new players to the team :!:And our youth departments really have a lot to offer. I'm envious of Ze Roberto, what an amazing coach, the Brazillian players didn't look like they would go all the way early on in the tournament per se but giving them chances building a team with them worked so well.

Gio meanwhile implemented absolutely no one, didn't give anyone even a slight chance to prove themselves, and it seems that we are in the fear of losing an NT player each tournament, so we ended up with 2 MBs, I wonder if we will end up with 2 OHs and no Opps during Wch :rolll: He implements no one and kicks out 1 player after another. Kubra, Gizem, Neriman, Asli, Naz would all be crucial players here for TR. Like at least try people like Aycin to replace the lost MBs or Lila Sengun etc. to try to find a new Naz but no, he just has his 6-7 players + VB players and doesn't seem to actually care for the NT to me. I hope he gets kicked out.

Sorry! He might be great in some ways, doesn't mean everything he does will be great. I know this is the right decision when I noticed each tournament everyone is worried about some player disappearing from the NT, and no one has confidence new talents will be invited to Gio's NT so people even stop mentioning them :sos: Turkey is a volleyball country, the youth departments are great, the league is great, doing well with Turkey isn't such an overachievement anymore tbh, im not impressed

Meh... We are not that great as TVF president has been saying.

• Meh... We are not that great as TVF president has been saying.

Serbia can do worse than us in youth departments and still beat our established team with that exact squad that lost to our youth nt lol. Clearly the potential is wasted, that's proof of it. To me the issue is not at what Turkey can deliver but systemic, TVF president yes is part of the issue imho. You should look at the young gyms, they are packed with young girls now especially with the fame, more generations shouldn't be wasted.

Just look how Dalia Wilson also was treated, she wasn't part of the last U tournament either :gone:

• I really don't like guidetti's work right now, but he's certainly not the only culprit. If you look from the first to the last team in the Turkish league, you will see several foreigners playing in crucial positions in the Turkish national team, such as Wing-spiker and Opposite.

Even Guidetti, he doesn't have the guts to bet on a Turkish wing-spiker or opposite at vakifbank. The team's own coach doesn't give chances.

If you look at Brazil, which came with some unknown players (julia B, kisy). Are they on superstar teams? Not. But they were there playing ALL THE TIME.

As long as Turkey prioritizes foreign players so much, it will continue to be this weak selection.

• That’s the pro and con of foreign players tbh. And it will be a never ending debate.

• the reality is that if you can only get 2 or 3 foreigners, the best positions are gonna be outsides and opposite. Unfortunately not every position has equal impact in volleyball.

That's why TUR has good MB but is lacking in OH.

• Actually Julia Kudiess isnt a starter in Minas ( Thaisa and Carol Gattaz) and Kisy was a bench player till play offs.

For sure Julia Bergman improved a Lot playing in USA.

• :(

People on twitter sharing this scene as " Zehra deserves to play in final match, she pushes too much for that" etc. I don't agree with them.

Except finals, on the past three weeks, Zehra was great, super great I must admit. However, even in Thailand match (not only aganist Serbia or Italy) she did quite a few blocks and and even touches because (ok maybe her tiredness) she could not reach the corners not on time.

On the other hand, people were gone mad and started to blame Hande for her the last two matches. Because she might be only our goodish OH that should play especially in critic/tough moments. Unfortunately, she could not have that type of chances in club season especially she is playing with Boskovic.

I don't like the all "praising Zehra" and "blaming Hande" meta for the end of VNL. We messed up, but people just searching for scapegoat(s). We just totally messed up that's all.

• So the CEV U17 Championship is happening.

Girls played 2 games and won.

Begüm Kaçmaz and Nisan Eroğuz doing really good so far. Both are Middle Blockers from Vakıfbank academy.

Begüm had 15 points(6 blocks) and 14 points(5 blocks) while Nisan had 12 points(4 blocks) and 14 points(5 blocks)

Defne Başyolcu played only 1 set. Liza Safronova isn't here, I believe she has some kind of injury.

• I definitely agree. Zehra is one of the best MBs in the world but she doesn't show her beast mode in critical games. And you are right that our players don't have being clutch player because there's always a dominant Opp or OH who is the go-to player in their club. This is a mentality thing for players. It is the downside of having a strong league full of foreign stars. Then locals play more in complimentary roles.

I don't think there's one scapegoat. It was a collective meltdown. Many players are out of shape. Right players NT desperately needs currently are not in NT because of Guidetti's personal spite.

By the way I don't think we have a great youth academy. Last 2-3 generation was always behind ITA-SRB-RUS in age competitions. Individually we have good MBs upcoming but almost no OH/Oops, which are the positions we lack most.

Our current OH lineup sucks big time, each of them has fundamental weaknesses. We just need to pray that they will step up miraculously in 2 months. Otherwise quarterfinals will be success for us