Eurovolley 2023

• Anyway IMO in these big final stage matches nowadays the most important factor is which team has a 2nd pin hitter who will stand up and contribute more (OP being good is a must already). For example Pietrini with Italy in this tournament...

To me it will be down to Karakurt vs. Lozo. Obviously serve-receive is a big factor too, as always.

• I surely don't care whether they care or not LOL

giphy.gif

• Btw, Ebrar was on trendtopic all day in Turkey cause she was getting attacked by radical muslims. She has 1.1 million followers on instagram and lots of Turkish fans but also lots of haters.

There are a group of turkish people online say that they will support serbia cause women national team is not fitting with their culture, mostly cause of Ebrar is a lesbian.

And then, a user comes here and calls Ebrar "WALKING HARAM".

Of course we will answer and criticize him.

And then, an arrogant and ignorant gay guy supports the "homophobic guy by saying we are overreacting".

This is insane.

• Lozo might not start if uzelac is healthy. Idk lozo is either GREAT or tragic. I’m conflicted on if I want her to start or not. If she starts and she is good then Serbia is going to be very very tough to beat for anyone. But she could be bad and leave Boskovic to play alone which in her current form will not end well vs the good Turkish block and defense.

Anyway IMO in these big final stage matches nowadays the most important factor is which team has a 2nd pin hitter who will stand up and contribute more (OP being good is a must already). For example Pietrini with Italy in this tournament...

To me it will be down to Karakurt vs. Lozo. Obviously serve-receive is a big factor too, as always.

• I find an in-form Lozo more scary than Uzelac (right now) but against NL she was so bad

yea she was awful. Agree tho. In form lozo is VERY good. She’s just not consistent

• that's the problem of people that never win nothing in their lives and then started winning...

• Lozo might not start if uzelac is healthy. Idk lozo is either GREAT or tragic. I’m conflicted on if I want her to start or not. If she starts and she is good then Serbia is going to be very very tough to beat for anyone. But she could be bad and leave Boskovic to play alone which in her current form will not end well vs the good Turkish block and defense.

I'm not sure if Guidetti will be stupid enough to put a NT fresher to start this final, especially I don't think Uzelac played at all in SF?

Anyway yes I don't think Serbia can win if Lozo or Uzelac can't consistently contribute.

• that's the problem of people that never win nothing in their lives and then started winning...

Literally fuck of and write in DM to person you want, this is EuroVolley thread and to EVERYONE (including me) please continue to write just about that, anyone who violates it should be banned at least on temporary (including me). So because this is clearly non EuroVolley related i have no problem from being banned for week or whatever the first grade period per our accepted rules is. Bye

• Reception will be tough with Vargas' serves. I hope Serbia's OH will come out swinging like Pietrini (she's probably the only happy Italian right now haha).

Ps. Karakurt is not doing anything to be likable.

you act like that in cpurt and expect people to admire you? Her antics are overshadowing her game.

She should take a staredown class from Goncharova in Russia.

gives power to a man and you will know him

• Different take on Ebrar’s antics by Santarelli. I don’t expect him to be fully objective but here it could be true for the most part. I wonder if she has some sort of asberger’s or sth like that. I hope she can control herself better in an out court though chances are slim.

• btw, I watched the game later and even though someone spoiled the result I honestly thought I was misinformed and Turkey actually lost it during the 4th.

Then I browsed through the forum and I found Jules’s posts hilarious: “ one more set for Italy… a few more points…….. I hate mazzanti”:rolll:

and as usual crovolley with specific emphasis on the word “Cuban”, revering Italian players then putting the blame on underperforming this or that, consciously or subconsciously indicating his team would win if it wasn’t their own mistakes, hardly giving credit to the opponent.

anyways, please stop with “we Turks”, “you Turks” game and see people individually and become one and enjoy the game.

Cheers

• Honestly as someone who is just a casual user of this forum it has become exhausting. I usually just like to lurk and read what other people thought of the game, because no one else I know really likes volleyball, and I like to see if others had the same opinions of the games as I did. So it is super frustrating to come on here and literal pages are filled with comments that have nothing to do with the games. It’s ruining the entire point of this site. It’s not that hard to see that neither side is ever going to be convinced that they are in the wrong. People need to grow up and realize that if after a few comments are exchanged and you still fundamentally disagree with the person to the point where you are unable to be civil with each other you should either:

1. Block them so you no longer have to see their opinion or interact with them.

Or

2. Continue your argument through personal messages so that everyone else can continue having discussions for what this thread is actually meant to be used for.

It’s literally not that hard to just ignore each other.

• Girls should have stood up all together like older generation kicked Bonitta out. My only wish is Egonu to quit this team and not let someone humiliate herself.

So you're putting all the blame back to the players, just like Mazzanti usually does. Cold-hearted.

Remember that back in 2006 Bonitta wasn't sacked, he resigned. FIPAV didn't agree with the players' statement, even though it basically said that Bonitta was a mix between Gert Vande Broek and Vital Heynen. 17 years later the situation in more or less the same, maybe even worse because not only FIPAV has full confidence in Mazzanti, he can't even be accused of mobbing just because he's a poor manager.

By the way, last friday just showed that Mazzanti is the one who was really humiliated, certainly not Paola staying in the team and nearly win the game for us once again, despite yet another terrible management of the team, both physically and technically. The composure she's keeping to handle the situation just shows how she is the real winner in this grotesque situation.

• there's a twitter user who boldly tweeted that he doesn't want a lesbian on his national team. while I hate Karakurt's courtside manner, I'm amazed he got away with that insane tweet. They should attack Karakurt on her skills (if she isn't good enough then she doesn't deserve to be there). Even I can't deny she is a good player and she deserve the spot. and as much as I repulse her brash attitude, it's not enough for me to ask for her to be removed.

ANYWAY, I'm sure Mazzanti is regretting not putting Egonu as a starter. but ofcourse he won't admit that.