Turkey - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi 2022/2023

• Ecza you better win the final series. I’m sure FB will show up and just dominate one match but since it’s a series I think ecza is the steadier team and can hopefully pull it off

Based on what they showed on both matches against THY, FB is the clear favorite, even with Arina playing way below average. Had THY had a release player they would've won and FB has it either on Melissa or AC. I think FB win the series 3-0

• Fenerbahçe have already lost a game "for something" this season.

We'll see how it goes in the best-of-three series but I don't think they will dominate 3-0.

• Final👇

⚔️ Fenerbahçe 🆚 Eczacıbaşı

🗓️ 1. Maç ➡️ 7 Mayıs Pazar 15.00

🚩 Burhan Felek

⚔️ Eczacıbaşı 🆚 Fenerbahçe

🗓️ 2. Maç ➡️ 9 Mayıs Salı 15.00

🚩 Burhan Felek

⚔️ Eczacıbaşı 🆚 Fenerbahçe

🗓️ 3. Maç ➡️ 11 Mayıs Perşembe 19.30

🚩 Burhan Felek

Match for 3rd place👇

⚔️ THY 🆚 Vakıfbank

🗓️ 1. Maç ➡️ 7 Mayıs Pazar 18.00

🚩 Burhan Felek

⚔️ Vakıfbank 🆚 THY

🗓️ 2. Maç ➡️ 9 Mayıs Salı 18.00

🚩 Vakıfbank Spor Sarayı

• if eczacıbaşı win his series or take 2 game, it would be surpsing. they cant resist against Fenerbahçe when Vargas is there. in the last two years they usually lost 3-0 against them.

But we saw a lot of surprising results during the season, especially in the matches between three big teams. Everything can happen.

• Haven't watched yet the last game between Fener and Vakif, but whoa, Fener really did eliminate Vakif! That's already an achievement in itself. I can't remember the last time Vakif didn't make it to the finals. This season certainly has some surprises. :white:

• what the forum think about Gabi, Egonu and other vakıf members's attitudes after the refree's mistake in set 3.

there are tons of tweet like this.

• I think last time Vakif couldn’t make it to finals was in season 2017/2018. First, they struggled against Besiktas in the QFs, Zehra and Yasemin were there, and later in the SF, Galatasaray won, Vakif was just plain bad.

Everybody saw it coming at that time, it wasn’t the first time Galatasaray made things difficult for Vakif. I think it was previous season(?) when Galatasaray was about to eliminate Vakif but someone off court had to step in and TV stream went down and they stopped the game because stream was down (lol) and that someone off court yelled at GS for objecting, which made it to the news but cannot been found anymore because that someone is president lol

I think last time Vakif couldn’t make it to finals was in season 2017/2018. First, they struggled against Besiktas in the QFs, Zehra and Yasemin were there, and later in the SF, Galatasaray won, Vakif was just plain bad.

Everybody saw it coming at that time, it wasn’t the first time Galatasaray made things difficult for Vakif. I think it was previous season(?) when Galatasaray was about to eliminate Vakif but someone off court had to step in and TV stream went down and they stopped the game because stream was down (lol) and that someone off court yelled at GS for objecting, which made it to the news but cannot been found anymore because that someone is president lol

The last couldn't make it to the finals was 2016/2017. The season 2017/2018 they were champions.

• Agree. But the KNEW it was a mistake. They acted like they don't know why Fener is reacting that way. There's really no such thing as fair play among the athletes in EU leagues huh?

Lol

Are you watching volleyball for the first time?

That happens all the time, players don't have to correct referee's mistakes.

How many players actually tell the truth about block touches, in or outs etc.?

They can but they don't have to.

That's why there are referee's challenge systems

And saying that athletes don't have fair play in EU leagues must be joke.

Should we find the situations where players could change the results of the games by admitting mistakes in FIVB tournaments? Or in Brazil? Or in Japan? Korea? China? Etc?

Cmon now

• of course not. they are not obliged. but this is not a net touch where it isn't deliberate majority of the time (ball could have moved the net and it touched the player etc)

In particular scenario, the mistake was very glaring (they realized that right away), in a very crucial part of the match at which a fight almost broke out. and then all they could do was laugh at it? c'mon now.

and yes, fair play is a thing. that's why sportsmanship is held to a high standard.

look at the Japanese league. they have awards for it even (and have a recipient too).

the player admits their mistake even before the referee calls it or before the opponent challenges it.

are you saying we can't expect that level of sportsmanship from EU clubs?

well, I mean

• this is definitely not fair play. Egonu realized her mistake. Gabi knew it, the side referee knew it.

• Come on, this referee wouldn't have changed her decision even if Vakifbank players had told her she's wrong :aww:

In Italy I've seen in some matches that referees asked the blockers if they touched the ball before looking at the challenge video and when players admitted it they could save the time, it worked well. But it's not the players' obligation, that's what referees are there for.

• Come on, this referee wouldn't have changed her decision even if Vakifbank players had told her she's wrong :aww:

In Italy I've seen in some matches that referees asked the blockers if they touched the ball before looking at the challenge video and when players admitted it they could save the time, it worked well. But it's not the players' obligation, that's what referees are there for.

This happening all the time in most league i watch, players admit block touch after opponent ask for challenge and save time.

But his statement "here's really no such thing as fair play among the athletes in EU leagues" is bullshit. Funniest thing that main player(Gabi, South American) involved in this situation is not even european.

she may have. she got bolder because her decision was reaffirmed by vakifbank, there was no visible resistance.

I think the indignation from Fener and their fans stems from the fact that Vakif knew and they were laughing. there's zero guilt, during a crucial part of the match.