Italy - Serie A1 2022/23

• Conegliano has definitely lost the bet on its OH department. Plummer has great potential but does not grow and, above all, does not improve in her weak phases, while Robinson, without a heavy OH, struggles a lot to do all phases of the game...

as regards backups, while it was known that Gennari could being just a poor backup, the doubt remains as to why Santarelli trusts Gray so little...

These problems with the OH drag down the whole team: Haak is very strong, but she is clearly not able to put the team on her shoulders (aka Boskovic when she plays Boskovolley)...

Monza/Milan on the other hand very well: Orro is perhaps playing her best volleyball and plays the team very well, supported by a Thompson who is playing with quality and intensity never seen before... Sylla-larson dominated the equal role of Conegliano, as well as the two MB...

The next game will be decisive to understand where the final series will go...

Bosko can't carry eczacıbasi against strong opponents neither. Look at last 2 games against Fenerbahçe. She played well but not enough to win the game. It is something only Egonu can do but not with her current shape unfortunately

• I think De Gennero wasn't in the game at all. She received 3 balls during the whole match. She never got her rythm and we have to give credit to Monza for that, because they excluded her from the game. She wasn't good at defence as well and that is just a consequence of not being involved at all in the game.

It's just a bad game. The final is long.

• Honestly wouldn't it be cute if Conegliano and Vakıf died out now together, after both dominating for like a decade. Like the ending of a cursed love story 💕

• Conegliano has definitely lost the bet on its OH department. Plummer has great potential but does not grow and, above all, does not improve in her weak phases, while Robinson, without a heavy OH, struggles a lot to do all phases of the game...

as regards backups, while it was known that Gennari could being just a poor backup, the doubt remains as to why Santarelli trusts Gray so little...

These problems with the OH drag down the whole team: Haak is very strong, but she is clearly not able to put the team on her shoulders (aka Boskovic when she plays Boskovolley)...

Monza/Milan on the other hand very well: Orro is perhaps playing her best volleyball and plays the team very well, supported by a Thompson who is playing with quality and intensity never seen before... Sylla-larson dominated the equal role of Conegliano, as well as the two MB...

The next game will be decisive to understand where the final series will go...

you clearly haven't watched her play thr OG 2020.

• how much of a measure of success in pro-vball is winning the MVP at the NCCA? I remember Plummer is perhaps the only player alongside Hodge who won it twice in a row (not sure about this tho) and her career hasn't taken off.

Hodge won it 3 straight years. Plummer got it 3 times also but during her 1st, 2nd, and 4th years.

I feel that Hodge never really reached her peak because of her constant injuries and eventual pregnancy/marriage. When she came back to Brazil to play for the last time after 3 years of not playing, she definitely still had it. Her fast game would suit today's USA and Conegliano's game. Under Lang Ping when she played in China, her receive really improved but she injured herself.

I feel that Plummer will not make it to Paris and she will eventually transfer to beach volleyball for LA games after all she was a world Champion for beach in U17. She'll do the route of Klineman who also played in Conegliano.

• Plummer should have canceled much earlier and Gray should have been starter.

the problem with that is Gray is an even worse passer than Plummer and Wolosz doesn’t move like Poulter did in 20-21 to make it worth it (not to mention it makes Haak less effective)

seeing no improvement from Plummer over two years is tragic. As is the decision to renew with her. Santarelli should share some of that criticism

• how much of a measure of success in pro-vball is winning the MVP at the NCCA? I remember Plummer is perhaps the only player alongside Hodge who won it twice in a row (not sure about this tho) and her career hasn't taken off.

I would say not much.

MVP is always controversial and very dependent on how your team does in the postseason.

JT was better the year that Plummer (or maybe rettke idk who won that year) won it… and yea she got nothing

Plummer’s NCAA skill set was always very non-pro like. She just smashed the ball

• I would say not much.

MVP is always controversial and very dependent on how your team does in the postseason.

JT was better the year that Plummer (or maybe rettke idk who won that year) won it… and yea she got nothing

Plummer’s NCAA skill set was always very non-pro like. She just smashed the ball

this is a but unfair. Plummer was a good passer by college standards. Especially considering how terminal she was. She also had a lot of range. It wasn’t *just* that she smashed the ball.

• It depends on what you mean by MVP of NCAA, because there is no MVP of the NCAA.

The best player of the league is National Player of the Year. And there's the MOP of the NCAA tournament (as it says, it's only about the tournament).

Plummer was the 2017 and 2018 NPOY. She was on her way to be the first 3-times NPOY, but she injured after few games in 2019 and missed half of the season, so AVCA gave the award to Yossiana Pressley.

She also was National MOP in 2018 and 2019 and 3 times Regional MVP in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

• she didn’t deserve NPOY in 2018 to be fair RJP should have won. Her getting ncaa MOP in 2018 is also sus but

• this is a but unfair. Plummer was a good passer by college standards. Especially considering how terminal she was. She also had a lot of range. It wasn’t *just* that she smashed the ball.

the problem is NCAA decent, is not pro decent, which was my point. She got the hype because she attacked the ball well. She wasnt an elite passer, wasnt a good defender... average blocker from what I remember.... and because Stanford won a lot. (see: jenna gray too)

(and to correct myself, JT should've won in 2019, thats when Pressly won)

anyways thats all offtopic

• she didn’t deserve NPOY in 2018 to be fair RJP should have won. Her getting ncaa MOP in 2018 is also sus but

IMHO she did. She won Penn State on her own. They were 0-1 down and Penn State was on its way to take the second set, then Plummer demolished the Nittany Lions. It was an epic game.

She won the Pac-12 and the NCAA titles and defeated Penn State, Brigham Young and Nebraska.

• IMHO she did. She won Penn State on her own. They were 0-1 down and Penn State was on its way to take the second set, then Plummer demolished the Nittany Lions. It was an epic game.

She won the Pac-12 and the NCAA titles and defeated Penn State, Brigham Young and Nebraska.

that’s true. I tbink Penn state was up like 19-13 in the second set to go up 2-0. Although that Penn State team wasn’t very good