Italy - Serie A1 2022/23

• I'm thrilled.

I really hope match from yesterday didn’t push her on the edge. I mean you are not gone kill herself because of volleyball but if She was on edge of killing herself than yesterday you got opportunity and you didn’t take it.

That is something that can push you. She is pro, part of her life…

• It hurts so much to watch her yesterday and seeing what happened today. Rest in peace Julia :(

OMG ;(;(;(

• She seems to have gotten a phone call late at night, right before her decision...

It seems that she got a lot of...targeted hate messages, of which some have racist remarks. The hate she received from some "fans", could be a breaking point and there could be more to it. We are not exactly sure in this moment.

Regardless of if this is true or the entire story or not, this is not a first.

The issue on racism cannot be ignored further, it's global. For people living as minorities especially ethnic groups (like that of Julia's) that specifically get targeted, it's a constant hellhole, life can feel very claustrophobic, people don't choose to be born in a country. This world is ridiculous, personally I already gave up trying to fix anything, it is an endless battle and one where you cannot find peace. But it doesn't mean we should stop speaking up, all we have is our voices.

I can empathize with how this is for people like Julia. From the day they are born, they are fighting a battle that already had a pre-determined outcome. Loss after loss, feeling like you are being held back, being rooted against. Where is the love.

At this point all that I can say moving forward:

In the words of Lauryn Hill: "Let's love ourselves and we can't fail, to make a better situation. Tomorrow, our seeds will grow, all we need is dedication!"

Hate is a very agressive emotion and it purely stems from insecurity. Hating on another person for whatever reason is not going to fix your insecurities. Hating on them and talking down on them won't make you more talented and beautiful. To those people that don't see the beauty in themselves, yea the only true beauty is from within and I can understand why they are so envious and hateful, I don't see their beauty either... 👋

• some said she got a phone call. could be a family problem or something else too.

• Sorry but where did you read that "it seems that she got a lot of...targeted hate messages"...

Do you have any sources?

No one has commented here except reporting the fragmentary news that has come out... why do you have to do this?

Why do you have to exploit, even if for a just cause, a tragedy like this?

Aren't you even a little ashamed?

• ?? Yes I've seen messages, who is talking about here. I'm talking about messages that she received, I've seen examples of that that I didn't want to repeat out of respect for her.

Classic case of being offended by something you shouldn't be offended of but being so speaks volumes about where your priorities lie as well!!! There is no reason to be offended by it maybe having something to do with racism. I pointed out it might be several things and I'm the one who talked about her phone call as well. Anyway.

If you want direct examples of what I'm speaking of, you can PM me. I'm not posting those messages about her here or repeating them in public for that to be the last thing people remember of her. Bye.

• Sorry but where did you read that "it seems that she got a lot of...targeted hate messages"...

Do you have any sources?

No one has commented here except reporting the fragmentary news that has come out... why do you have to do this?

Why do you have to exploit, even if for a just cause, a tragedy like this?

Aren't you even a little ashamed?

I don’t think user had bad intentions with that post ?

• I don’t think user had bad intentions with that post ?

It's not a matter of having good intentions or not...

I'm sure he had good intentions and the cause he believes he is advocating is worthy and I wrote it...

But the system is wrong and disrespectful to the tragedy of Ituma... This is called "exploiting something" and it's wrong, even if you do it for a just cause, because in the case of a dead person, like this one, you don't know if he would share your intent: you do it for you, not for him...

Let's understand why an 18-year-old girl, with a future ahead of her, decided to die and then, if anything, let's discuss it: it's already a huge tragedy that doesn't need looters, even if animated by good intentions...

• I don’t think user had bad intentions with that post ?

I kinda get @Sentenza_69's point. Sometimes people point to highly contentious issues to explain things even if it has nothing to do with it. People like to cry racism right away.

HOWEVER, it could also be true that Julia is being targeted with hateful messages. I mean Egonu has plenty of it. What I don't understand is Julia isn not carrying Novara or the Italian team? She has been successful in the junior team. Dhe wasn't the anchor of team novara so these fans ganging up on her seems sus.

• Turkish media and some twitter/ instagram accounts are sickening. They have lost their humanity to get more likes more views thanks to the masturbation of conscience.

• and for people using this for clout too. People coming out condemning CEV for letting the match between Vakif and Fener happen tonight. These self righteous people who think it is so easy to just postpone a big match like this in such short notice. Life has to go on after all. Tickets are sold, the arena rented... sponsors signed.. people cancelled things to watch.. people's jobs related to the match. Lots of things.