2022 FIVB Challenger Cup

• Im glad Croatia won, Belgium is unwatchable, 68 balls to Herbots in 4 sets…

There is nothing wrong with having a leader, as long as it works and she scores like Fabris (30/54) but after so many games lost Belgium still insists only on Herbots who obviously cant win games for this team alone, she doesnt have good efficiency and their game is so predictable.

• Croatia needs to find some better OHs for next year, with Mlinar and Milos they're not gonna get far in VNL :gone:

For Belgium Herbotsball wasn't enough today, poor girl attacked 68 balls but it wasn't her best match and Croatia was well prepared. Belgium needs to clean up the mess around NT (that means on bench :whistle:) and make a new start, with this group of Herbots' cheerleaders they're simply not good enough.

I read today the Belgian men's team also has issues with players not wanting to play for the NT anymore. The federation really get their shit together:gone:

• If Ferhat is there, there is always hope for the opponents :)

Let's go Puerto Rico :lol:

That didn't age well :S

Anyway, congrats Croatia! They deserved this definitely. It is sad that Korea is still core team next year. However, they would stay VNL for a while I hope.

Besides, I think they might finish in fourth place in group stage at WCH. They should play second stage in there.

• Congrats Croatia! Happy they beat Belgium. Fabris has still got it.

I used to like Herbots and Belgium but this team is unrecognizable, kinda karma after the drama and Britt standing with the coach + the drama at her club where her father demands she becomes starter. Too much entitlement. You ain't Zhu Ting girl. Volleyball is a team sport first and foremost as well.

• But again FIVB are corrupted idiots. What Korea gives so much to them ?

They (Korea) are a core team and that is a given fact since 2018. Both FIVB and Korea are not to blame here.

Belgium should have played better in VNL to avoid relegation. They can blame the rules, they can blame Poland for not putting the best squad in that last VNL match, they can blame anyone and everything but they really should look at themselves. There's a whole potential superstar team refusing to play for the NT. Fix your internal structure first. What'd they expect? A free spot for VNL?

Is it a fair system with the 7-year core teams? That's another discussion

• I don't agree that the core system is bad btw, people forget it's also meant to provide continental diversity. Belgium can blame this failed Q. 100% on themselves and that coach + federation, and they had another chance after their terrible VNL performance and failed, I fail to see the issue here?

Not that it's a flawless system either, I'm still waiting for a reaction why there is no core African team.

• I don't agree that the core system is bad btw, people forget it's also meant to provide continental diversity. Belgium can blame this failed Q. 100% on themselves and that coach + federation, and they had another chance after their terrible VNL performance and failed, I fail to see the issue here?

Not that it's a flawless system either, I'm still waiting for a reaction why there is no core African team.

I don’t think the core team system has anything to do with providing continental diversity. Having 5 European teams, 4 Asian teams, but just 1 each from N & S America as core teams don’t justify this at all.

And more importantly, when FIVB tried to raise the status of VNL to be an important tournament that the NT has to play with their best squad possible by making it having much bigger impact on the world rankings, as well as making the world ranking as a key factor for OG qualification. The whole core team concept has become even more unfair than before and should be abolished at once.

Nah I think Korea should stay a core team, even if it means usa, brazil, or china give up core team status.