Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Mayu Ishikawa will not play together with Britt Herbots, because Britt will leave Bisonte Firenze next year and will almost certainly go to Scandicci...

Mayu will be part of, together with Lina Alsmeier (Germany), Ailama Cese Montalvo (Cuba) and, it seems , Alexandra Lazic (Sweden), the totally new line of Bisonte Firenze's OH...

Brakosovic will be there as well

• I can't remember how they were as a team not exactly the winning bunch but they were tall and that was a factor to making them look worldclass. Kurihara was a mess in most of the matches I've seen but their coach made it seem like she was Japan's Gamova or something. Most annoying part of that era. Never liked her as a player. Very overrated.

Kurihara prior to Kana Oyama's injury was actually effective on the court; Oyama was dubbed the "ace" back then and I remember watching her just being so ineffective getting blocked so many times compared to some of their smaller hitters (especially "Shin" Takahashi; she was one of my favorites). I'm pretty sure Japan's ace culture had an adverse affect on her performance and whether it was pressure or injury she was much less effective post-Athens compared to pre-Athens when all the attention was on Oyama. I think Saori is the only ace I've seen who has not been affected by this "syndrome".

• Kurihara prior to Kana Oyama's injury was actually effective on the court; Oyama was dubbed the "ace" back then and I remember watching her just being so ineffective getting blocked so many times compared to some of their smaller hitters (especially "Shin" Takahashi; she was one of my favorites). I'm pretty sure Japan's ace culture had an adverse affect on her performance and whether it was pressure or injury she was much less effective post-Athens compared to pre-Athens when all the attention was on Oyama. I think Saori is the only ace I've seen who has not been affected by this "syndrome".

Fair enough. Kurihara had a spine injury while she played for Dinamo Kazan it got worse 2 years later that she had to get surgery after leaving Okayama Seagulls.

Shin is also my favorite. Sakoda said she studied her attack form during her early days at Toray.

• Looks like there is going to be an announcement sometime today re: the new V.League

"The SV League will start on October 12, 2024, and the final, called the final, is scheduled for May 3 and 4, 2025, so the Kurowashiki currently being organized during the long holidays in May. And the schedule overlapped"

"There are three options for the future Kurowashiki: changing the schedule, holding the tournament on the current schedule without the V major teams, and suspending or abolishing the tournament"

TheDigestWeb

Sad situation

• I thought they were going to abolish Black Eagle after the pandemic

• I thought they were going to abolish Black Eagle after the pandemic

I hadn't heard that. They canceled 19/20 and 20/21, but held it last year

I bet it will get kicked down the road by the new SV League. Too bad, after 71 years. I enjoy these tournaments that pit V.League, Uni, and HS teams against one another

• it’s weird, watching that it seemed like Saki had about twice as many points as Fukazawa. I guess I’m just seeing what I wanna see.

• it’s weird, watching that it seemed like Saki had about twice as many points as Fukazawa. I guess I’m just seeing what I wanna see.

I managed to watch a lil bit from the 1st to 2nd set but had to do something so I couldn't watch the whole thing. Fukazawa isn't very exciting to watch it could be her dead eyes. She's someone that grows on you.

Regardless it's good that she's stepping up. I'm sure she will fulfill ishii's role just fine ...but in a different way.