China NT 2023

• Rhaemon You're absolutely magical. Please continue sacrificing to the gods for tomorrow's FINAL Finals :obey::drink:

The match is at 6:30AM Malaysian time on a MONDAY morning.... I'm wondering if I'd wake up early just to watch it :serve:

• Also, just out of plain curiousity, are yall ethnically Chinese? I know Julian and I are :drink:

• Unfortunately we lost (Turkey was clearly the better team anyways...)

If you offered to me silver before the tournament started I would've taken it so I definitely consider it above expectations and I'm happy to see that the team more or less peaked in the knockout stages.

Asian Games should be not a problem.

Kinda puzzled what the future of this team holds. Of course we hope for Zhu to parachute in and replace Wang Yunlu, but it's not super clear if Yao Di should be back and what her place will be. Also don't really know how the team can play better.

• I had doubts and I had questions, but this team really turned it on in the final round. Sure they didn't win gold, but they definitely grew compared to last year, each and every one of them, Cai Bin included. Lol

Do they still have stuff to work on? Of course, every team does.

• Today they did not perform well. WYL could not repeat her performance in the semi. Turkey also kept watch on her - she got blocked a lot. Still my opinion about her is the same she can be a bench player. China needs another person for the starting line up.

• Being in the VNL finals is quite an achievement...but I feel we could've done better. I thought we could've picked a stronger team. Yes, the established 4 or 5 players are there.. Lyy, Gong, Wang MJ and the MBs but for some reason players from 3 groups have been underused or overlooked completely.

A) the "left behind" group of players who performed well in the CLeague, Wu Mengjie, Zhuang YS, Zhou Yetong, Xu Jianan etc They did pick Zhong Hui, but she didn't get a chance to play much..

B) the "overseas" group...Zhu, Yao, Wang Simin, Miao Yiwen etc..if you add two reliable MBs this team alone would be quite strong

C) the "young" group...Wang Yifan, Yindi, Xie Shengyu, Chen xiyue?Yang Jia etc

:(

• dang. Who would have thought Diao Linyu would walk away with the best setter award?

Was Diao better than Ding Xia? I don’t think so. Had China placed second or first in the past VNLs under LP, DX would be picked and the opponents were much stronger. This year VNL, great players did not participate full time or did not participate at all. Turkey got an upgrade through Vargas without her, Turkey would not have achieved this result. Turkey has two powerful tomboys and their physique are more on the man type.

• Was Diao better than Ding Xia? I don’t think so. Had China placed second or first in the past VNLs under LP, DX would be picked and the opponents were much stronger. This year VNL, great players did not participate full time or did not participate at all. Turkey got an upgrade through Vargas without her, Turkey would not have achieved this result. Turkey has two powerful tomboys and their physique are more on the man type.

Diao is inconsistent, brilliant one match (or even one set) and totally off, another. In these situations, a good team should have a reliable back-up. Actually, Xu Xiaoting is also a good setter. However she didn’t get much playing time, and is mostly brought in when China is trailing badly, so there is added pressure...which affected her performance, I think.

However it has to be said that Diao’s performance today was due in part to poor reception.

• China's overall performance was good regardless of the final match (bench players should've been given more chances). If China had faced Turkiye before the final rounds, they would've been prepared better for final. Anyway Before the tourney, even the most positive fan couldnt have predicted that China would play this well, especially after last year's performance. 3 players got their deserved individual awards. LYY is the best OH in the world period. Yuan finds her rhythm and this is very good for China before Paris-2024. China will do a great job when Zhu joins the team.

PS: besides Zhu, I wanna see other overseas group W.Simin, Yao, M.Yiwen

• I never thought I'd see Diao Linyu becoming Best Setter. Cai Bin must be very proud of her :rolll::rolll:

There will not be a World Championship this year, will it? What's the next campaign after this?