China NT 2023

• China's overall performance was good regardless of the final match (bench players should've been given more chances). If China had faced Turkiye before the final rounds, they would've been prepared better for final. Anyway Before the tourney, even the most positive fan couldnt have predicted that China would play this well, especially after last year's performance. 3 players got their deserved individual awards. LYY is the best OH in the world period. Yuan finds her rhythm and this is very good for China before Paris-2024. China will do a great job when Zhu joins the team.

PS: besides Zhu, I wanna see other overseas group W.Simin, Yao, M.Yiwen

Miao Yi-wen will participate in Chengdu Universiade a few days later as the member of Team B.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• These young potential players should be taken to the VNL and get some play time especially when the opponents were weaker as perceived. . Look at Serbia, Italy and Turkey, they took some of these young potentials to big games to prepare them for the future not the present. It would have been better if Miao has playing time against A teams even for a few minutes. It is so unfortunate that CB did not even give most of the bench players enough time or time to play. What is her position? Her height?

• I never thought I'd see Diao Linyu becoming Best Setter. Cai Bin must be very proud of her :rolll::rolll:

There will not be a World Championship this year, will it? What's the next campaign after this?

The Asian Games in Hangzhou, late Sep to early Oct 2023.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• just because Miao yiwen was overseas doesn't necessarily mean she'll be better than those that didn't go abroad, especially since she didn't get much opportunities in Italy.

Did she play as OH this past Chinese League? I don't recall.

• just because Miao yiwen was overseas doesn't necessarily mean she'll be better than those that didn't go abroad, especially since she didn't get much opportunities in Italy.

Did she play as OH this past Chinese League? I don't recall.

Right. Playing in foreign leagues does not mean the player will be better. It depends on what kind, level of the club and competitiveness of the-league . Also the participation in actual competitions. The Chinese league the local clubs only play against each other and the playing season is short the shortest among a lot of different international leagues. So the competitiveness is limited. Also very few top foreign players in Chinese league (1 or 2 top foreign players plus a few regular quality foreign players).

• Right. Playing in foreign leagues does not mean the player will be better. It depends on what kind, level of the club and competitiveness of the-league . Also the participation in actual competitions. The Chinese league the local clubs only play against each other and the playing season is short the shortest among a lot of different international leagues. So the competitiveness is limited. Also very few top foreign players in Chinese league (1 or 2 top foreign players plus a few regular quality foreign players).

In fact, until now, I think Wang Si-min is not better than Wang Meng-jie but better than Ni Fei-fan. Ni Fei-fan might "stay" in 2019. I don't know why she is "afraid" of reception. Of course, she was injured in Season 22/23. It may be a kind of reason.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• U21 WCH Training List (16 players)

S: Xie Shengyu, Yin Xiaolan, Zhao Yalun

OPP: Wang Yindi, Duan Mengke, Liu Hongfei

OH: Zhuang Yushan, Wang Yifan, Tang Xin, Xie Shengyan

MB: Wan Ziyue, Yang Jia, Zeng Jieya, Shan Linqian

L: Zhu Xingchen, Wu Xinyu

• Lolss...a few of them can also play in the u19 tournament.

I think some were rumored on the Universiade roster too!

They will need to split the players accordingly unless they sacrifice results in one tournament (likely U19) and stack up all the best youth players for another (U21 or Universiade).

• Some of the VNL players that didn't get much opportunities should play at the Universiade, Xu Xiaoting, Zhong Hui, Gao Yi, Yang Hanyu, and Ni Feifan and mix them with Zhou Yetong, Wu Mengjie, Miao Yiwen, Wang Wenhan, Xu Jianan like that.

• I think some were rumored on the Universiade roster too!

They will need to split the players accordingly unless they sacrifice results in one tournament (likely U19) and stack up all the best youth players for another (U21 or Universiade).

There's a 8-9 day gap between the end of Universaide (July 28-Aug 8 ) and U21 (Aug17-26) even assuming the team reach the semifinal/finals of the universaide. Some players can be involved in both, but it will take a lot of coordination by CVA, I think.

• Will Zhu return to NT for the Olympic qualifiers?

does playing in europe next season prevent Zhu from playing in the Olympics?