2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• or maybe people shouldn't be too emotional about something that is objective. there's a reason why the top 3 teams have always been tall for majority of the volleyball history. and yes, a sport that favors tall people, being short does make one physically inferior (for the most part).

now that teams are evolving and with the introduction of the libero position, the Japanese defense is no longer a far fetched skill in european teams.

Here you go again with 'objective' opinion which are very subjective 🤦 both Italian NT and Brazilian NT ruled for a long time with not necessarily tall players. Also Japan and Korea succeeded despite of their lack of height in general. Even USA didn't have the tallest players when they are at their peak. It is only Russia which always had tall players

• Here you go again with 'objective' opinion which are very subjective 🤦 both Italian NT and Brazilian NT ruled for a long time with not necessarily tall players. Also Japan and Korea succeeded despite of their lack of height in general. Even USA didn't have the tallest players when they are at their peak. It is only Russia which always had tall players

the top 3 teams are tall "majority of the time" . did you even read that part?

it means top teams are often taller than the other way around. ever since volleyball started. tell me top 5 teams in any generation where majority were short players.

where's your objective take on that? :rolleyes:

• Here you go again with 'objective' opinion which are very subjective 🤦 both Italian NT and Brazilian NT ruled for a long time with not necessarily tall players. Also Japan and Korea succeeded despite of their lack of height in general. Even USA didn't have the tallest players when they are at their peak. It is only Russia which always had tall players

even majority of the top players are tall. with the exception of positions where height is not a heavy factor (the setter Takeshita and libero Sano).

short players who are exceptional in any other position are the ouliers (Carol who's only 183 as an MB). the rest are always tall. OPP? OH? Miyera Luis is an outlier too. but the majority? tall. Heck even Saori is freaking tall for a Japanese OH.

so, I'm not saying that short players can't make it... but that we can't make the outliers define the truth. so in essence, Japan would need taller players to compete in the top 3 rankings.

• the top 3 teams are tall "majority of the time" . did you even read that part?

it means top teams are often taller than the other way around. ever since volleyball started. tell me top 5 teams in any generation where majority were short players.

where's your objective take on that? :rolleyes:

You are just making vague claims without any content, basically gibberish🤦

What's majority of the time? Since when? Since invention of volleyball? Since last century? Since last decade? Which top 3? Based on Olympics? Based on world championship? Based on FIVB World Ranking?

You are saying something vague and nonsense and you can rebuttal it by just being cowardly using 'those are exceptions bluh bluh' jeez, you are going hard for award of most unreasonable user of the forum (watch out Crovolley)

• You are just making vague claims without any content, basically gibberish🤦

What's majority of the time? Since when? Since invention of volleyball? Since last century? Since last decade? Which top 3? Based on Olympics? Based on world championship? Based on FIVB World Ranking?

You are saying something vague and nonsense and you can rebuttal it by just being cowardly using 'those are exceptions bluh bluh' jeez, you are going hard for award of most unreasonable user of the forum (watch out Crovolley)

:lol: what's vague about the top 3 teams in the world? hahaha. dang, and now I thought I was talking to someone smart. the ranking of teams since women's volleyball was introduced is pretty straightforward, even a 12 year old can follow it. do you want some instructions from a 12 year old in your side to understand it?

you see, it starts with number 1... then 2... then 3... and so forth and so on.

you see, the overall ranking was written like that.

now tell me if majority of those teams were short....

they also have this thing called average height.... you can ask the nearest 12 year old if you can't understand that.

and sadly, according to the overal ranking, volleyball is apparently a tall people sport.

actually serdar, any 5 year old can also explain that to you.

• Pity that you are struggling to understand things a 5-12 years could understand but thank god I didn't think you were smart anyways so I was just trying to show how ridiculous your arguments are. Anyways, you are a lost case

• Pity that you are struggling to understand things a 5-12 years could understand but thank god I didn't think you were smart anyways so I was just trying to show how ridiculous your arguments are. Anyways, you are a lost case

See? You can't rebutt that because you have no counter argument for it.

ahh...serdar.. the president of volleyball-is-a short-people-sport movement. 🤣

• See? You can't rebutt that because you have no counter argument for it.

ahh...serdar.. the president of volleyball-is-a short-people-sport movement. 🤣

The shorter you are the better because short = defense, tall = offense and the best offense is defense, this has been proven many times now and we have countless physical examples like Mireya Luis and Gabi, Philippines doesn't let Jaja Santiago play bcs she is too tall for example! Even the sport introduced the new special libero role in the past 20ish years to enforce more shorter players bcs it's better clearly.

• The shorter you are the better because short = defense, tall = offense and the best offense is defense, this has been proven many times now and we have countless physical examples like Mireya Luis and Gabi, Philippines doesn't let Jaja Santiago play bcs she is too tall for example! Even the sport introduced the new special libero role in the past 20ish years to enforce more shorter players bcs it's better clearly.

• The shorter you are the better because short = defense, tall = offense and the best offense is defense, this has been proven many times now and we have countless physical examples like Mireya Luis and Gabi, Philippines doesn't let Jaja Santiago play bcs she is too tall for example! Even the sport introduced the new special libero role in the past 20ish years to enforce more shorter players bcs it's better clearly.

compared to the general population, even liberos are taller than average

My sarcasm radar isn't pinging. So i don't know if you're just being sarcastic.

No one can dispute that shorter is better for floor defense. But Japan will also tell you that it is a liability on the net defense.

And we follow your logic that shorter is better for volleyball, then the rankings should reflect that. Not only that Japan is not in the top 5 teams.. they're also the only team with short average height in the top 10 teams in the world.

So majority of the top teams are tall.

Dang, maybe Japan really needs to think about naturalizing tall players.

• Let’s please put a stop to this or take it to the locker room

• Dutch roster week 3

S: Bongaerts & van Aalen

OPP: Plak & Scholten

OH: Daalderop, Knollema, Marring, Hester Jasper & Vos

MB: Timmerman, Baijens & Lohuis

L: Knip & Reesink

Interesting, no Dambrink... Maybe he will use Marring as opposite?

• for her age group yes, she is good server

for this level, nope

I imagine she won't get much playtime, then, considering there are five other OHs. Still, Heynen must have seen some great potential in her if he's taking her to train with the senior team.