Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2023/2024)

• It seems like Azerbaijani federation let go of Ataman guneyligil. What's wrong with him that he keeps getting fired from everywhere he goes? :what:

Are we sure he got fired? I won't be surprised if signs with another/better NT soon. With GS, it was a mutual decision (as far as I know, he wanted to leave actually due to declining budget) and with Panathinaikos, it was a stupid political reason.

I think he is one of the best Turkish coaches. I hope he gets to work with better teams, would love it if he took over Swedish NT instead.

• Are we sure he got fired? I won't be surprised if signs with another/better NT soon. With GS, it was a mutual decision (as far as I know, he wanted to leave actually due to declining budget) and with Panathinaikos, it was a stupid political reason.

I think he is one of the best Turkish coaches. I hope he gets to work with better teams, would love it if he took over Swedish NT instead.

I’m also sure they didn’t want to renew him…

• For me Ataman is so mediocre. Ok he never had a killer budget but I believed he was provided very good conditions overall for years in GS still and didn't win nothing or achieved anything major. With that said GS so far is definitely worse off without him.

I'm waiting eagerly for a new gen of coaches honestly, there is such little variety in the market or they're just not giving anyone decent chances.

• So much of a ghost that was the best OPP of the WCH and best sipker of the GP. At the time of her signing she was the best OPP in thr world hands down. Whetehr she was past her prime is another issue.

She might have played well in wch but it was not her best time at all and if you would have watched her in Turkish league she was a big flop

• For me Ataman is so mediocre. Ok he never had a killer budget but I believed he was provided very good conditions overall for years in GS still and didn't win nothing or achieved anything major. With that said GS so far is definitely worse off without him.

I'm waiting eagerly for a new gen of coaches honestly, there is such little variety in the market or they're just not giving anyone decent chances.

I disagree. He did a big jump for that team with an extremely limited budget, playing with wings like Centoni-Leys-Guldeniz. I really liked the style of play he was aiming for, solid receives, solid defense and quick sets to wings, loading opposite/MBs with sets. They finished second that season, leaving big guns like Eczacibasi and Vakifbank for a fight for 3rd-4th place.

Also the players he tried to sign when they were not popular, for example Bella Haak when she was still playing in Engelholm shows that he has a good vision.

His only failure was the season after, where he had Neslihan, Kosheleva, Rabadzhieva etc. In my opinion, he was too immature to manage such big names back then. But otherwise he did a good job with the limited budget, keeping the team mostly in top 4. So I won't be surprised if he does well in a NT with mediocre players. After all, I don't think he or my other favorite Dehri got as many chances as Ferhat did.

• Lol. It is true that it didnt work out as they expected but Sheilla was the best OPP at that time so they weren't wrong in signing her

I do agree witth this. It is like comparing apples with oranges. Not comparable under any singular aspect. The only similarity is that both are Brazilians :lol:

Beforer signing for Vakifbank (2014-15 season), Sheilla was chosen best OPP in the the GP and WCH that same summer. (not 100 years ago). Sure, she was past her prime, but she was still delivering in a high level. She had a solid reputation (and performances) to back her up. She wasnt a rookie, with zero experience playing outside Brazilian league, etc. Likewise, she wasnt either a veteran taking away the place of a youngster in NT or club...check her awards that season, especially in the intercontinental sphere.

Having said that, nobody could have foretold that her transfer would be a flop (as it was, a fact).

In the other hand, even though I do consider Tainara has the talent (raw) and could improve, I strongly believe she isnt the kind of player (OPP), that a top club, as Vakifbank is, needs now. Much more under the circunstances they are. She has nothing to back her up as a top player. Some sparks of good/high vball, yes, ofc, but it isnt enough. What VB needed is a proven record or regularity. Tainara lacks of both. It could pay off? Perhaps. But it'd be very risky for a team with high goals as VB.

• Lonekke in VB is kind of same type of move from VB this time imo. Eventually Lonekke became a top Opp. But if I am not mistaken she wasn’t hired with this status.

• Lonekke in VB is kind of same type of move from VB this time imo. Eventually Lonekke became a top Opp. But if I am not mistaken she wasn’t hired with this status.

back then there was no OPPs like current Boskovic, Vargas, Haak and Egonu. OPP pool was weak in the world volleyball.

Gamova, Nesli and Sheilla were 32+ yo, they were close to retirement. Destinee was pregnant....

• back then there was no OPPs like current Boskovic, Vargas, Haak and Egonu. OPP pool was weak in the world volleyball.

Gamova, Nesli and Sheilla were 32+ yo, they were close to retirement. Destinee was pregnant....

so if Vakifbank can’t sign this top Opp players and some second tier Opps like Stisiak and Akimova….

• so if Vakifbank can’t sign this top Opp players and some second tier Opps like Stisiak and Akimova….

if they cannot convince one of top4 OPPs, they have to sign with one of second tier OPPs and someone like Tainara. Tainara-Stysiak or Tainara- AKimova rotation would be ok.

but if their plan is only trust Tainara at OPP position, they will have zero chance against top teams. it is not logical. in the that condition they should try something different like 3 OHs system.

Btw, If Gabi had stayed, Gabi-Markova-Tainara could also have worked.

• I disagree. He did a big jump for that team with an extremely limited budget, playing with wings like Centoni-Leys-Guldeniz. I really liked the style of play he was aiming for, solid receives, solid defense and quick sets to wings, loading opposite/MBs with sets. They finished second that season, leaving big guns like Eczacibasi and Vakifbank for a fight for 3rd-4th place.

Also the players he tried to sign when they were not popular, for example Bella Haak when she was still playing in Engelholm shows that he has a good vision.

His only failure was the season after, where he had Neslihan, Kosheleva, Rabadzhieva etc. In my opinion, he was too immature to manage such big names back then. But otherwise he did a good job with the limited budget, keeping the team mostly in top 4. So I won't be surprised if he does well in a NT with mediocre players. After all, I don't think he or my other favorite Dehri got as many chances as Ferhat did.

I didn't say he is bad. But he had literally 2 presidential terms in GS almost a decade, what other chances he should get. GS also has one of the best youth divisions. He had higher-mid level budgets and though he was consistent like I said, not groundbreaking to me. The times his budget were higher he was flopping a bit. Ferhat has been way shorter in Eczacibasi so far. His Centoni-Leys-Guldeniz era was indeed impressive but some credit to the players as well, I always only see him being praised on their seasons. He lost to a Romanian team CL with a very high budget.

I started off liking Ataman a lot as well but to me, his stats are mediocre, not bad either, but not amazing. His season in Cukurova was also a complete flop. Both Ferhat and Ataman did get chances there are a lot of coaches in youth divisions and 2nd league that could do better imo but never get a chance. VB, GS, EczV, GS youth divisions are literally better at developing players than a lot of Sultanlar Ligi coaches.

• I do agree witth this. It is like comparing apples with oranges. Not comparable under any singular aspect. The only similarity is that both are Brazilians :lol:

Beforer signing for Vakifbank (2014-15 season), Sheilla was chosen best OPP in the the GP and WCH that same summer. (not 100 years ago). Sure, she was past her prime, but she was still delivering in a high level. She had a solid reputation (and performances) to back her up. She wasnt a rookie, with zero experience playing outside Brazilian league, etc. Likewise, she wasnt either a veteran taking away the place of a youngster in NT or club...check her awards that season, especially in the intercontinental sphere.

Having said that, nobody could have foretold that her transfer would be a flop (as it was, a fact).

In the other hand, even though I do consider Tainara has the talent (raw) and could improve, I strongly believe she isnt the kind of player (OPP), that a top club, as Vakifbank is, needs now. Much more under the circunstances they are. She has nothing to back her up as a top player. Some sparks of good/high vball, yes, ofc, but it isnt enough. What VB needed is a proven record or regularity. Tainara lacks of both. It could pay off? Perhaps. But it'd be very risky for a team with high goals as VB.

I mean haak wasn't that good when gio signed her. She was doing well in Scandicci before she transferred to vakifbank but becoming much better and better. I don't want to compare but next season will be interesting for vakifbank. I like it when there is not so much big star in the team and they work really hard to make it and win trophies.

• I didn't say he is bad. But he had literally 2 presidential terms in GS almost a decade, what other chances he should get. GS also has one of the best youth divisions. He had higher-mid level budgets and though he was consistent like I said, not groundbreaking to me. The times his budget were higher he was flopping a bit. Ferhat has been way shorter in Eczacibasi so far. His Centoni-Leys-Guldeniz era was indeed impressive but some credit to the players as well, I always only see him being praised on their seasons. He lost to a Romanian team CL with a very high budget.

I started off liking Ataman a lot as well but to me, his stats are mediocre, not bad either, but not amazing. His season in Cukurova was also a complete flop. Both Ferhat and Ataman did get chances there are a lot of coaches in youth divisions and 2nd league that could do better imo but never get a chance. VB, GS, EczV, GS youth divisions are literally better at developing players than a lot of Sultanlar Ligi coaches.

I agree to some parts but how is his season in Cukurova a flop? He signed with them like 2-3 weeks ago lol :D

What I meant by getting chances is:

- Ferhat was NT coach, then went to Polish champions, worked in a better NT (Croatia) and had 2 seasons in one of the world's best teams. Not sure if he did anything spectacular to deserve these chances.

• I agree to some parts but how is his season in Cukurova a flop? He signed with them like 2-3 weeks ago lol :D

What I meant by getting chances is:

- Ferhat was NT coach, then went to Polish champions, worked in a better NT (Croatia) and had 2 seasons in one of the world's best teams. Not sure if he did anything spectacular to deserve these chances.

Working with Guidetti and lang ping gave Ferhat the edge. Working such coaches is great for CV. I think assigning him as nt coach was premature at that time but he did a good job in polish league. However I don't think he is at the caliber of a trainer who could coach a team like Eczacıbaşı. On the other hand, ataman flopped their biggest chance when they lost against the Romanian team with Cleger who is playing at second division now😂 I have more hope from Dehrican but poor guy couldnt get out of drama somehow

• Apparently Ogbogu stays in vakıf for one more season.

• Rumors about Larson in LVSF are getting stronger.

http://www.rumboalcamerino.com…prdentrodesusopciones.htm

they quoted volley news. how it is getting stronger?