2023 U19 Women's World Championship

• this is a whole can of worms but they just changed the rules two or three years ago.

it used to be they could decide when they were 13/14 lol… which is absurd.

Yeah that IS absurd lol. It's good that they changed it.

• South Korea U19 won both Brazil and China.

Therefore, are they stronger than the senior NT?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Slovenia literally slaughtered Germany in the final of EYOF and they're not in WCH :what: OTOH their best players probably would be with senior NT at ECH at the same time.

About the German team...there is not much talent there :gone: I still don't understand the setter choices, Emilia Jordan is much better than the two who are there :|

• Slovenia literally slaughtered Germany in the final of EYOF and they're not in WCH :what: OTOH their best players probably would be with senior NT at ECH at the same time.

About the German team...there is not much talent there :gone: I still don't understand the setter choices, Emilia Jordan is much better than the two who are there :|

"Puca" is on fire ^^

• Team Serbia

S: Miona Tasic, Teodora Krickovic

O: Anastasija Ivkovic, Milica Vidacic

MB: Djurdja Stanojevic, Masa Kirov, Jovana Antic, Lana Mijacic

OH: Dragana Korolija, Sonja Danilovic, Simona Mateska, Sofija Marjanovic

L: Milica Burka, Lara Zigic

• Who are the players to watch from this generation? Any upcoming good setters?

Setters are kinda weakest link.

There is middle Kirov, she is different from our other blockers because she attack 1st tempo.

Opp Vidacic will be great, she is just 16.

And hitters are pretty much on the same level. There is no generational talent like Mihajlovic or Uzelac, but they will get the job done.

Ana Mihajlovic (last years Balkan champs MVP) is great, but she is injured.

Simona Mateska (2005, OH) is really talented imo.. She just got to be starter in few matches in Crvena Zvezda last season, so she is unexperienced, but she is great all around. 187cm tall, really high spike reach, great technique and she is really solid passer and defender as well. She didnt show great performance during Balkan U19 this year but I believe in her and think she will do good once she gets her attack polished even more

Maša Kirov (2005, MB) is great, she has everything to be great MB in future, I’m excited about her although our MBs for future are locked in Kurtagic/Osmajic (2004,2003) duo which will dominate in few years.

Sonja Danilović (2006, OH) dominated finals against Turkey in Balkan U19 this year when she entered from the bench. She had Alexa Gray style run in 4th set when we were almost 10 points behind and everything seemed lost, when she killed every ball she got her hands on. She was seen as big talent before but her development got slow. She is 188cm tall and hit great short diagonal attack as well as down the line, her defence was also really good (to my surprise) but she lacks in passing skills a bit.
    She really carried us to win Balkan U19 and was the only realiable hitter, maybe she will show big this WCH, she is defenitely the one to watch out for if she has a good day

Milica Vidačić (2006, OP) could be our next sub OP in senior team in a few years. 192cm, really strong spike power, only lacks control (reminds me of Annie Drews but with very dufferent technique).. She is 16yo still and the youngest sterter in our team, she just needs to control her spikes better and not make as many errors, she is as well a player to watch out for future and not just youth categories tournaments.

Elena Baić (2005, S) is not here, she was transfered to U21 squad for no particular reason (she is basically U19 age category) but she is really talented imo.. It might be biased because I really like her, but she could be big in a few year if she manages to continue developing and fix her sets behind to OP. Some people might have mixed opinions about her but I really really like her.

And none related to U19 team but the setter question of our senior team after Maja/Drca:

Rada Perović (2001, 182cm) is our setter in senior level after Drca and Maja retire, I have 0 doubts about that. I’m so sad she had ACL injury this season, otherwise she would have had her big debut for national team this VNL.. She is def a lot better then Jaksic, Djordjevic or whatever setter we had tried on VNL last 2 years.. It could be bias but I would rather have her then Mirkovic even right now at this moment, let alone in a few years when she gains some international experience

• Thanks for detailed answer! Your 2003-2004 generation is full of promising outsides and middles. Good that there are even more coming from 2005-2006 generation.

I think critical position to fill for Serbia is setter assuming Drca won't play another Olympic cycle. Gap between Maja/drca and others are huge. I haven't watched perovic yet. Has she played for senior NT ever yet?

• Thanks for detailed answer! Your 2003-2004 generation is full of promising outsides and middles. Good that there are even more coming from 2005-2006 generation.

2003-2004 is huge on every position, every single position on VNL ‘23 had some 03-04 player, including Libero- Pakić and Setter- Tišma

2005-2006 isn’t as stacked but I have high hopes for Baić, Vidačić and Mihajlović (her hight might be the only problem). Perhaps Mateska and Kirov as well, but they still feel very raw and afraid to take big plays.

This is first time in a while (since 1997 generation) that we have talented players on every position in youth categories.. Usually there are a few but not enough to make whole team and be competative as it’s harder for us as small country to produce 7 good players in one/two generations to cover all positions, so I’m really excited about them ^^

• Italian team

they played 2 friendlies against Jaapan and win 3-0 and 3-1

Some of them just played the european youth olympic festival

Queste le 12 azzurrine convocate dal tecnico Michele Fanni: Merit Adigwe, Anna Bardaro e Angela Coba (Imoco Volley); Giorgia Amoruso e Gaia Moroni (Volley Team Busnago); Princess Omonigho Atamah, Ilaria Batte, Erika Esposito e Lisa Esposito (Volleyrò CDP Roma); Maia Carlotta Monaco e Nicole Piomboni (Alsenese Pallavolo); Linda Manfredini (Scuola di Pallavolo Anderlini).

• Italian team

they played 2 friendlies against Jaapan and win 3-0 and 3-1

Some of them just played the european youth olympic festival

Queste le 12 azzurrine convocate dal tecnico Michele Fanni: Merit Adigwe, Anna Bardaro e Angela Coba (Imoco Volley); Giorgia Amoruso e Gaia Moroni (Volley Team Busnago); Princess Omonigho Atamah, Ilaria Batte, Erika Esposito e Lisa Esposito (Volleyrò CDP Roma); Maia Carlotta Monaco e Nicole Piomboni (Alsenese Pallavolo); Linda Manfredini (Scuola di Pallavolo Anderlini).

So no Safa? The only explanation is that she's injured? She wasn't called up for the last training. I find hard to believe Coba and Batte are performing better than Safa.

• Team Bulgaria

Setters : Margarita Guncheva, Simona Anastasova

Opposites : Viktoria Dimitrova, Mikaela Stoyanova

Outside hitters : Viktoria Koeva, Maria Gabriela Milichevich, Iva Dudova

Middle blockers : Boryana Angelova, Venesa Radeva, Elena Kolarova

Liberos : Viktoria Ninova. Ioana Dokova

You are capable of good results girls. And we have three girls with name Viktoria we hope so they to bring more victories.

• So no Safa? The only explanation is that she's injured? She wasn't called up for the last training. I find hard to believe Coba and Batte are performing better than Safa.

I dudn't realize she wasn't there

so sad

• Türkiye's roster

Setter: Dilay Özdemir, Beril Çoban

Opposite: Beren Yeşilırmak, Selen Köse

OH: Eylül Durgun, Bianka İlayda Mumcular, Liza Safronova, Şevval Acıbal

MB: Nisan Eroğuz, Begüm Kaçmaz, Lal Verda Akın,

Libero: İlayda Naz Gergef

I don't expect us to be good. Defne Başyolcu is injured, she is a big loss. Dilay Özdemir and Begüm Kaçmaz might be "the ones to watch". I don't expect good results over all tho.

• Does the tournament only allow 12 players or it is TVF being stingy?