2023 U19 Women's World Championship

• Bra team suffers from poor reception line. I hope that the team improve this skill along the tournament.

Tbh I actually was expecting them to struggle a lot more in reception with this line up. As a general rule 17-year-olds are not great passers, but they are doing okay.

This team is really fun to watch, but they do have this tendency to lose themselves a bit at times and let the other team go on a 7 point run. It hasn't been a huge problem so far because the opponents are much weaker, but it's something they should work on moving forward. I think they play with a lot of heart, which is great (they are LOUD lol), but sometimes they can get carried away in their emotions. But patience comes with age, I see a lot of potential in this group.

• Brazil isn't challenged at all

canada,peru and thailand are teams that are from the weakest of this tournament

Bulgaria and italy that gonna be challenging

They beat Bulgaria fairly easily last week. But that was only a friendly, we'll see how it goes on Saturday.

• I think someone posted this before, This U19 Korean team looks a lot better than the one that played VNL . They are totally pumped up to the point of being a little corny but it will work for them

they also seem to have a lot of southpaws. I remember watching HS matches a year or two ago and I swear there was one team that was all lefties

That was me.

I think their celebrations are really cute. A little corny, sure, but they are kids.

Japan x Korea is super entertaining so far btw.

• That was me.

I think their celebrations are really cute. A little corny, sure, but they are kids.

Japan x Korea is super entertaining so far btw.

Yes :!: Korea looks kind of big and badass

• Japan has some corny celebrations too :lol: :dance4:

• Japan v Korea is a bit of a masterclass in overpasses :lol:

• At the Livecenter stats page for JPN/KOR there are a lot of Play by Play plays that you have to scroll the page to see :super:

• Kawka was saved today by "net ace" at 13:13 :lol:

That's funny but sometimes I can't stand this guy. They lost 6 points in a row and he didn't take time-out, or they can't pass a ball and are losing points and he's not changing the receivers but subbing the middle blocker for one rally.

• That's funny but sometimes I can't stand this guy. They lost 6 points in a row and he didn't take time-out, or they can't pass a ball and are losing points and he's not changing the receivers but subbing the middle blocker for one rally.

in 4th set we put OH instead of MB, so he can receive serve instead of libero and Kawka was speechless, you can see ? mark over his head in this few minutes :lol:

• Korea must be a little tired

Miku Akimoto with 32 points already

• Begum Kaçmaz (2007, best MB of last u17) is having a great tournament so far although this is an older generation than hers. She reminds me of Zehra although she is smaller in size😅

Our Opp Beren Yeşilırmak is doing very good too (61% attack at both games) on the other hand Lisa safronova seems not to develop at all after a year. She was supposed to be the leader of this team. I see that she also lost captainship title too. I hope we would get to see Bianka Mumcular. I'm curious to see her as OH

• Refereeing in this tournament has been kinda tragic. Whenever there's a close (and sometimes not so close) call, the referee is clueless and just gifts the point to whichever side celebrates with the most conviction.

• I don't think she will. She is going to NCAA. If I am not mistaken, she has two years of high school + 4 years of university. She might be available in 2029

OMG, this is unexpected. From what i saw, she has what it takes to make it to senior NT after Paris. Really impressive and shows great potential. She is the best Opp prospect after Stysiak (2000) i think. Spending 4 years in NCAA probably won't help her develop into a powerful Opp that European team needs. I don't know which uni she will go but highly possible that the coach will sub her out when she is in backrow. So she is only on court for 3 rotation in the front row, not an ideal place to develop. By the time she graduated, she will need further time to adjust to pro league and earn attention from NT, which is relatively late for European players

I hope someone from volleyball community talk her out of this idea.

• OMG, this is unexpected.

More and more polish players decide to go to NCAA. Almost the whole POL U21 team will play for NCAA next season.

(That's why U21 team will be so bad this year, because many players won't be available for U21 WCH)

• More and more polish players decide to go to NCAA. Almost the whole POL U21 team will play for NCAA next season.

(That's why U21 team will be so bad this year, because many players won't be available for U21 WCH)

I remember orzol that was good at under age categorie

she was the same category as julia bergmann,did she end her career?

• I remember orzol that was good at under age categorie

Orzoł plays for Wisconsin Univ

• More and more polish players decide to go to NCAA. Almost the whole POL U21 team will play for NCAA next season.

I am not criticizing their choices, NCAA is still a good environment which produces good / great players every year. But this path is not suitable and mostly profitable for everyone. OH MB and setters could learn a lot from NCAA. But for someone like her that has huge potential to develop and make it to NT at young age (lots of good european players are invited a senior NT after U18 because of their huge potential), NCAA might jeopardize her opportunity. Unless the girl really wants to accomplish some academic degree like Bergamann did, i don't think it's wise for her to go.

Remember Ze was so furious about Berganmann go to NCAA.

• I remember orzol that was good at under age categorie

she is starting OH in Wisconsin and even won the national champion playing starter. But she seems very weak at attacking at this age. Probably won't consider her to be NT material. Polish already has more younger OHs that are above her level.

• Bulgaria Coach reaction to winning the match is like they won in the Olympics :rolll: