2023 U19 Women's World Championship

• I thought that no information on websites of either boys' and girls' events about their formulas is a way to rig those tournaments for the hosts eventually - but I see Croatia going from a match against Thailand to Italy in the updated version, so I guess not, lol (with all due respect to the beloved Thais :heart:).

• Winner of turkey Bulgaria will meet Japan-Thai at semis

I don't know why did they change this overnight. Aren't these rules should be set in stone before even tournament starts🤦🤦

• I agree, this team has consistency problem. There is no match both Beren and Lisa played good at the same time. Our middles are good but our second OH's contribution is non-existent, ironically she is the captain (I wonder why they took it from Lisa) considering Eylül's terrible performance so far, I don't understand why the coach doesn't try Bianka at all🤦

Medals are nice to have but what matters is the amount of players who could be adapted to senior nt in short term. Dilay is the only one from this generation who can be called to senior NT wide roster next year. Begum is also great but she is indeed from 2007 generation. I hope Lisa can keep up her level from today's match

denzz what do you think about our libero?

I don't think I watched her enough. She is the same libero that got injured in U16 ECH a few years ago.

• Winner of turkey Bulgaria will meet Japan-Thai at semis

I don't know why did they change this overnight. Aren't these rules should be set in stone before even tournament starts🤦🤦

based on when the Japanese assistant tweeted, it looks like they were

it seems the VBW admins for their websites were left in the dark

• But today Italia is playing as worse as brazil,really bad game imo,batte is really limited as setters,esposito sisters also they are like defensive oh,they score but not really strong

Lisa Esposito and Erika Esposito are not sisters, not even related. Lisa E. is the weakest link in this group with her terrible reception. She doesn't know how to receive at all and she is already one year older and experienced than others.

• Lisa Esposito and Erika Esposito are not sisters, not even related. Lisa E. is the weakest link in this group with her terrible reception. She doesn't know how to receive at all and she is already one year older and experienced than others.

Batte a d L.Esposito are the most experienced ones having played for Club Italia. Indeed, she isn't having a great tournament and E. Esposito isnt either, whereas Amoruso is always playing well when entering the court. Let's see which ones will be starters for the match against Croatia and possibly the USA (sorry Brazil).

• Batte a d L.Esposito are the most experienced ones having played for Club Italia. Indeed, she isn't having a great tournament and E. Esposito isnt either, whereas Amoruso is always playing well when entering the court. Let's see which ones will be starters for the match against Croatia and possibly the USA (sorry Brazil).

L. Esposito is mediocre before with 04/05 generation and now with younger group, not a NT material so I don't expect much from her. But E. Esposito was the best OH in european U16 and U17 and she played well in the national tournament last month. I expected more from her but she is not having good connection with Batte. Batte's ball is too high and low.

fun fact tho, Batte is the daughter of former Cuban international player Alexis Batte who unfortunately passed away several months ago. Hope the volleyball gene work its magic. She is not Safa's level but she also has good backset, which suits Adigwe and Linda well. She is not the problem of this team, the terrible reception and unforced errors are.

• L. Esposito is mediocre before with 04/05 generation and now with younger group, not a NT material so I don't expect much from her. But E. Esposito was the best OH in european U16 and U17 and she played well in the national tournament last month. I expected more from her but she is not having good connection with Batte. Batte's ball is too high and low.

fun fact tho, Batte is the daughter of former Cuban international player Alexis Batte who unfortunately passed away several months ago. Hope the volleyball gene work its magic. She is not Safa's level but she also has good backset, which suits Adigwe and Linda well. She is not the problem of this team, the terrible reception and unforced errors are.

Batte is in fact the problem sometimes. Have you watched the balls she sets to Linda and Merit at times? Especially Linda, that girls will finish the tournament with a back problem, besides that Batte makes this Italy more of beatable team. Ofc, it's a bit unfair to her giving that I'm comparing her to Safa (which for whatever reason isn't on the team, and I doubt it's injury related or the girls would have her shirt as the U21 did with Porro).

I totally disagree with the take that L. Esposito is mediocre. She was really instrumental to Italy for the Euro U19 gold and was one of the best players. She also had good games with Club Italia. And that's exactly why I am expecting more of her.

• yeah batte sometimes give awful sets to her pins and even linda that idk how they make to attack and some times the passing is not the problem

• Well, let's hope that the coaching staffs knew who they were actually playing, but this is just so amateur. Make the brackets available to the fans from the start, how hard can that be.

They want to increase volleyball fans' interest in the youth tournaments, but how can that happen if not even the big volleyball pages know which matches to advertise?

• yeah batte sometimes give awful sets to her pins and even linda that idk how they make to attack and some times the passing is not the problem

Seeing what Passaro did in 2021 WCH U18 and Monza did in 2019 WCH U18 , i am OK with Batte playing like this in this level to be honest. Things could get much worse if playing with Coba. Especially with that terrible reception from L. Esposito.

• Seeing what Passaro did in 2021 WCH U18 and Monza did in 2019 WCH U18 , i am OK with Batte playing like this in this level to be honest. Things could get much worse if playing with Coba. Especially with that terrible reception from L. Esposito.

Unfortunately since orro (u18 2015) Italy could not produce a good setter in under age category

Morello,passaro,monza,giiducci,batte and other have been average at best

Only safa seems to be a genious but IDK why she isn't there

• Unfortunately since orro (u18 2015) Italy could not produce a good setter in under age category

Morello,passaro,monza,giiducci,batte and other have been average at best

Only safa seems to be a genious but IDK why she isn't there

Morello was actually good in U18 and won the best setter but she stoped development after that. Apart from technique, she gained too much weight and became very slow and heavy which is terrible for a pro athlete. Fortunately she lose weight and becomes fit now, at least it's a good sign.

Guiducci was excellent in U20 and won the MVP, also led Roma to A1 that season. But no club in seria A1 wanted to give a local setter a chance. They rather hired a nobody from USA, even fresh out of NCAA, ie. Trentino and Perugia. Luckily Trentino will make Guiducci the starting setter next season. Good opportunity for her.

No word for Passaro and Monza. Both are A2 level. BTW, Passaro is cut by Mencarelli for U21, so we will see a new setter for U21.

• Morello was actually good in U18 and won the best setter but she stoped development after that. Apart from technique, she gained too much weight and became very slow and heavy which is terrible for a pro athlete. Fortunately she lose weight and becomes fit now, at least it's a good sign.

Guiducci was excellent in U20 and won the MVP, also led Roma to A1 that season. But no club in seria A1 wanted to give a local setter a chance. They rather hired a nobody from USA, even fresh out of NCAA, ie. Trentino and Perugia. Luckily Trentino will make Guiducci the starting setter next season. Good opportunity for her.

No word for Passaro and Monza. Both are A2 level. BTW, Passaro is cut by Mencarelli for U21, so we will see a new setter for U21.

At least yeah guiducci was good there but I never saw her with NT prospect