2023/2024 Transfer News (Female)

• How so? Buša-Frantti is a much more balanced couple compared to Bajema-Daalderop.

I wouldn't say more balance but more consistent perhaps. Well all know it'd be one of them plus Gabi so it will all come down to how Gabi also performs (last season she also had ups and down like the whole team). I guess we'll have to see. Both Bajema and Daalderop had great seasons prior to joining Vakif.

• Both of them had terrible seasons. Frantti is shadow of herself from NT. Yes She had injury but that is her current performance…

Busa is just flop, in club and NT season.

If they had terrible seasons, I don't know how would you describe Bajema and especially Daalderop seasons...

I didn't see much of Buša this season, but I'm sure even Egonu would have struggled in PTT this season. I might rely a bit too much on what I've seen in the past seasons, but I do love me some all-around type of player like her in my team. She may not be Gabi, but she's solid and if I know Guidetti a little bit she'll be just fine in Istanbul.

About Frantti, she absolutely did her bit with Casalmaggiore and while she's shaky when it comes to pass, she has lots of points in her hands. The injury she had to nurse in last part of the season limited her much more than one can think too.

• I wouldn't say more balance but more consistent perhaps. Well all know it'd be one of them plus Gabi so it will all come down to how Gabi also performs (last season she also had ups and down like the whole team). I guess we'll have to see. Both Bajema and Daalderop had great seasons prior to joining Vakif.

Oh, absolutely, consistency is a thing to keep in mind too.

I said balanced because you can field them both without losing too much both on offence and defence and giving some rest to Gabi at the same time, a thing that Vakifbank couldn't afford the past season.

• Maybe it is too early to talk about but what I feel like is that, with Lozo, Frantti and Busa transfers, Vakıfbank will start talking about their good old days very soon. Especially by looking, what the other teams are aiming and how strong the other teams are becoming in the new season.

No doubt, Bajema and especially Daalderop duo would be much preffered players.

Another shocking transfer is Julia Bergman for THY. If the coach Ze Roberto insists on her, then watch the disaster. I watched her all performances in NCAA and oh god it sucks. Same in VNL. No change and no improvement. Her statistics are very bad except her defensive skills. With a hight 196cm tall, she is a big baloon.

I look forward watching fully recovered İlkin Aydın and Logan Eggleston duo. This season would be the craziest one at Sultanlar League.

• Maybe it is too early to talk about but what I feel like is that, with Lozo, Frantti and Busa transfers, Vakıfbank will start talking about their good old days very soon. Especially by looking, what the other teams are aiming and how strong the other teams are becoming in the new season.

No doubt, Bajema and especially Daalderop duo is would be much preffered players.

Another shocking transfer is Julia Bergman for THY. If the coach Ze Roberto insists on her, then watch the disaster. I watched her all performances in NCAA and oh god it sucks. Same in VNL. No change and no improvement. Her statistics are very bad except her defensive skills. With a hight 196cm tall, she is a big baloon.

I look forward watching fully recovered İlkin Aydın and Logan Eggleston duo. This season would be the craziest one at Sultanlar League.

Lozo isn't happening for Vakıfbank

• Lozo isn't happening for Vakıfbank

Thanks for the note. She had a problematic attempt last year and I am pretty sure that, she was in the transfer list of Vakıfbank. It happens or not, this does not change the point of main topic. Do you think that, Frantti and Busa is the right move for Vakıfbank?

• Daalederop was just a disappointment for Vakıfbank. That's why Busa will contribute more even with only the receiving and defense. Frantti can also be successful in Vakıfbank's fast-paced game setup, besides Gabi will be the world's best spiker to help with service reception. The biggest handicap for Vakıfbank next season is Thompson instead of Egonu. But looking at their recent performances, it also gives hope. The transfer that excites me the most is setter Van Aalen, she is very good in fast play.

• Daalederop was just a disappointment for Vakıfbank. That's why Busa will contribute more even with only the receiving and defense. Frantti can also be successful in Vakıfbank's fast-paced game setup, besides Gabi will be the world's best spiker to help with service reception. The biggest handicap for Vakıfbank next season is Thompson instead of Egonu. But looking at their recent performances, it also gives hope. The transfer that excites me the most is setter Van Aalen, she is very good in fast play.

I totally disagree with this statement. Was it a disappointment for Vakıfbank or was it a disappointment for Daalderop, by sitting on the bench and drying? That was Guidetti's choice. He did the very similar things to İlkin Aydın, Tuğba Senoğlu and many other players in the NT of Turkey.

Anyway looking at Daalderop's latest performance in VNL, she was absolutely very productive. In 3 matches she had appeared, 47% kills with 30% effective (efficient) spikes which sounds very very good. Reception is 44% positive with 13% perfect which again sounds good. 3 errors and 3 aces at sevice spot in 3 matches resulting +3% service efficiency which again is good, along with 2 blocks. So now the question is, will you depend on a player, who has nothing but defensive skills only or a compact attack player, having various skills? İt seems like only attack player with various skills will be Gabi and if someone manages to control her, then may god help Vakıfbank.

Van Aalen seems good and setter is the key point but you cannot win games by depending on a setter only. We will see all, in a very near future.

I totally disagree with this statement. Was it a disappointment for Vakıfbank or was it a disappointment for Daalderop, by sitting on the bench and drying? That was Guidetti's choice. He did the very similar things to İlkin Aydın, Tuğba Senoğlu and many other players in the NT of Turkey.

Anyway looking at Daalderop's latest performance in VNL, she was absolutely very productive. In 3 matches she had appeared, 47% kills with 30% effective (efficient) spikes which sounds very very good. Reception is 44% positive with 13% perfect which again sounds good. 3 errors and 3 aces at sevice spot in 3 matches resulting +3% service efficiency which again is good, along with 2 blocks. So now the question is, will you depend on a player, who has nothing but defensive skills only or a compact attack player, having various skills? İt seems like only attack player with various skills will be Gabi and if someone manages to control her, then may god help Vakıfbank.

Van Aalen seems good and setter is the key point but you cannot win games by depending on a setter only. We will see all, in a very near future..I agree

I agree with you. Generally I've said it before many times. It wasn't that Daalderop had a bad season. It's just that Guidetti was a complete mess. The way he was using her... like he was trying to make her look bad. Even from the first game the team gave her 0 confidence. For no reason he was the last choice in attack. I remember one game I think against Ecza where Cansu gave the first set to Nika halfway through the second set... And the sets were absolutely bad, everything she couldn't give to Gabi Paola gave to Nika. Guidetti believed that Egonu and Gabi could destroy all teams by themselves. Error. We all know Nika is a strong attacker and when you sign a strong attacker you do it because you want her attack. Giving this type of player few balls is absolutely stupid. How can he score? It is like they take Busa and they will expecting from her to be a score machine . I do not change my mind about that . The reason of Nikas bad season is Guidetti. Of course he is a top coach but we also see in the past how he canceled some players...

• I’ll take Busa over Dalderop in any day. On the contrary, the current OH for VB are better than last year. Gabi and Busa has a similar type playing style, very good at receiving, and defense, plus good attacker. Granted currently Gabi is way more successful at it than Busa, but Busa is still young and soon she could be one of VB’s core players like Gabi, Zehra and Ogbogu. Frantti is a very good attacker and a decent defensive player. The way I see it either Gabi or Busa will always be on the court. Depending on who they are playing against, Frantti will replace one of them. I am more concern with JT than OH position. Don’t make any mistake JT is a very talented player, and she may be even a better than Bela, but her durability could be an issue. So Gio needs to manage her playing time accordingly if he wants to get more out of her. That’s where Karutasu becomes a very important player for VB.

• I’ll take Busa over Dalderop in any day. On the contrary, the current OH for VB are better than last year. Gabi and Busa has a similar type playing style, very good at receiving, and defense, plus good attacker. Granted currently Gabi is way more successful at it than Busa, but Busa is still young and soon she could be one of VB’s core players like Gabi, Zehra and Ogbogu. Frantti is a very good attacker and a decent defensive player. The way I see it either Gabi or Busa will always be on the court. Depending on who they are playing against, Frantti will replace one of them. I am more concern with JT than OH position. Don’t make any mistake JT is a very talented player, and she may be even a better than Bela, but her durability could be an issue. So Gio needs to manage her playing time accordingly if he wants to get more out of her. That’s where Karutasu becomes a very important player for VB.

In what world is Busa young? She's already 29 (or soon to be in a month). Busa's year was last year in which she played a great WCH but that didn't translate to the club season. So, her performance at VB still remains a question mark. Also, Frantti is not an upgrade from Bajema. What's gonna make the difference between those two is consistency. Kara was performing way better at the end of the season but you can't blame her because for a player it takes time to adapt to a new team, especially when the position of OH2 was a bit of a mess between Nika, Kara and even Derya.

• In what world is Busa young? She's already 29 (or soon to be in a month). Busa's year was last year in which she played a great WCH but that didn't translate to the club season. So, her performance at VB still remains a question mark. Also, Frantti is not an upgrade from Bajema. What's gonna make the difference between those two is consistency. Kara was performing way better at the end of the season but you can't blame her because for a player it takes time to adapt to a new team, especially when the position of OH2 was a bit of a mess between Nika, Kara and even Derya.

I thought Busa was younger my mistake, but regardless she is way better defensive player than Dalderop, at least she can play defense and she can receive that is why she is an important player for VB and she can relieve Gabi. Last year Gabi had to play many games if not all because there wasn’t a player in VB who could replace her, now Busa can for some of the matches. I agree that it takes time to integrate a player to a team. Kara started playing very well at the second half of the season and I said before and I say it again it was a mistake for VB to let her go. But Frantti could be a great scoring option.

• Vakifbank lost their patience with Daalderop/Bajema/Egonu, building a new team takes time. The new recruits are older (exept for Van Aalen) less firepower but safe bets. The americans are probably not gonna stay after the olympics anyway.