Japan Women's NT 2023

• A couple fun facts about one of them U16 girls I think folks here were curious about

A fellow traveler shared their sleuthing with me (I think I got it right)

Rio Chuganji , the 180cm lefty has an older sister, Furai Chuganji, who plays for Higashi Kyushu Ryukoku, and a cousin, Naoya Takano, who plays for the man version Sakai Blazers

• 2023 FISU Training Camp

# Name Team Height Position

Kurumi Takama

Hitachi

OH

Sae Nakajima

SAGA

OH

Kiro Omura

PFU

OH/OP

Saki Ishikura

NSSU 3

OH

Haruko Sasaki

Tokai 3

OH

Yoshino Sato

Tsukuba 3

OH

Ameze Miyabe

Tokai 3

OH

Yuki Yoshinaga

TWCPE 3 / Toyota

OH

Haruna Yamashita

Denso

OP

Suzuna Kawasaki

Kokushikan 3

OP

Misuzu Takahashi

Aoyama 2

OP

Hiroyo Yamanaka

Saitama

MB

Sayaka Yokota

Denso

MB

Angie Gromos

UW, Green Bay

MB

Mao Ito

Himeji

MB

Ayaka Eto

Hitachi

MB

Reika Sato

Kurobe

MB

Haruka Oyama

Tsukuba 3

MB/OP

Yuka Iwashima

TWCPE 2 / Toyota

MB

Furi Kousa

Toyota

S

Tsukasa Nakagawa

NEC

S

Natsumi Kondo

Tsukuba 2

S

Haruna Kawabata

Denso

L

Sayaka Daikuzono

NEC

L

No Miyu Kawazoe. I may boycott . They chose a Green Bay Packer instead :mad:

• I never have see Angie Gromos's play but let's see how far she will go. Her height would be an advantage or make her too slow and can't fit in the japanese system, but I really want to see a more height of Japanese players even though she's not a 100% japanese.

• I never have see Angie Gromos's play but let's see how far she will go. Her height would be an advantage or make her too slow and can't fit in the japanese system, but I really want to see a more height of Japanese players even though she's not a 100% japanese.

There may be just some kind of work swap going on with the Americans who have a Japanese parent? Word on the street for Angie Gromos is not positive

Player Keila Gabriel 193cm from Del Norte High School was at the U19 training camp in December, but seems to have disappeared

It could just be for training purposes, like an exchange student, not for any real involvement. Keila seemed to be part of some agency , or something , that promotes the heck out of young players. She's got a fancy greatest hits youtube thing

• Keila has an ongoing tournament in the US during the 2nd training camp.

That's an odd thing to know :lol:

• Manabe is currently somewhere in Europe. Maybe he's going to watch Inoue and Shibata in France? or he's going to talk to another coach? (this was a rumor back in December)

According to Toshiki, Volleyball Monthly editor, he met Manabe at the airport just recently.

• Manabe is currently somewhere in Europe. Maybe he's going to watch Inoue and Shibata in France? or he's going to talk to another coach? (this was a rumor back in December)

According to Toshiki, Volleyball Monthly editor, he met Manabe at the airport just recently.

kinda ironic that manabe is hardly ever in japan during the league. does he ever actually watch any matches? i've never even seen him at victorina's homegames

• Another U21 Training Camp. Still without V.Leaguers

This camp invites two new players, both 2nd year at Meikai University, the school with the buzz:

And says goodbye to the only other setter that's been there up to this point:

• Saki Iwamoto - from Shujitsu now enrolled at NSSU

I guess, at the end of the day, Niina Kumagai and Haruka Kaji will be the setters? Seems less than ideal to be running training camps without setters ?(

March 2023 U21 Training Camp:

Name Height Position

Aimi Tsuzuki +

OH

Akane Abe

OH

Ayane Kitamado

OH/MB

Airi Furukawa

OH

Yuki Noda

OH/MB

Rin Honda

MB

Emily Iiyama

MB/OP

Mana Okada

MB

Momoka Naruse

MB

Izumi Nagai +

S

Momo Hagiwara

L

Amika Tokumoto

L

Seems setters and liberos are almost afterthoughts. Amika Tokumoto was the libero for the U20 last year, from Kinrankai, now Hitachi

• Another relationship rumor, this time it's about Mayu.

Baseball player Ryoya Kurihara of Softbank Hawks Pacific League is rumored to be dating Mayu after he was spotted several times wearing Toray's shirt during practice. He kept sharing fantaken photos of him wearing the shirt via his IG Story which people reacted to. Kurihara was the one who said he got it from Mayu as a gift.

There is no known connection between the 2 meaning he is definitely not a childhood friend or classmate. He's not friends with Yuki Ishikawa or any of the Ishikawa siblings. And he's a lot older than her (1996)

Full article https://taka.full-count.jp/2023/03/24/post1235890/