Japan Women's NT 2023

• If you think about it Mayu has not gotten a break since WCH. She went head on into V League as she explained "out of frustration". It makes sense to preserve her health. She seems the type to not stop unless she's forced to. It's better than her appearing as a sub. Personally I feel like Koga should also take it easy and let the newer additions + Inoue take this week but I understand that being one of the aces playing at home, it's mandatory for her to participate. I hope things go smoothly for her this time no more accidents. Same goes for Nagaoka.

• She's older than Osanai. I can't remember when exactly but I think she already had some NT experience during Saori's time.

Tanaka was called up last minute in 2016 but later eliminated before the last round of that year WGP. After a stellar performance at the high school championship, people called her the new and better "Risa Shinnabe" but she did not live up to the expectation.

Hopefully she fares better this time round.

• If you think about it Mayu has not gotten a break since WCH. She went head on into V League as she explained "out of frustration". It makes sense to preserve her health. She seems the type to not stop unless she's forced to. It's better than her appearing as a sub. Personally I feel like Koga should also take it easy and let the newer additions + Inoue take this week but I understand that being one of the aces playing at home, it's mandatory for her to participate. I hope things go smoothly for her this time no more accidents. Same goes for Nagaoka.

you're right if they pull out koga the audience section would be near empty

• Irisawa has a slide now, but it's slow, funny, and predictable. What a great story she is: Great rookie year with Miya Sato who knew how to feed her; then a couple years of decline as Sato declined. When Hitachi hired Aya Watanabe there was an interview with Mai where she said "Yeah, I won't be playing much this year, but I'll be back" . Yeah, baby. Welcome back

She has a deceptively good serve. Not fast, not jumpy, but she aims it right at the receiver's neck so they have to think about how to tackle it. That's what you want to do to a receiver. Make them think. A millisecond of distraction is gold

Speaking of serves. If Araki deploys her hilarious baby lollipop serve here in international competition I will jump for joy. I'm sure she will and I can't wait :rose:

• After a stellar performance at the high school championship

Looks exactly the same as 2013/14 HS Championship :)

• Alondra Tapia is there. So she's not really planning on playing for Japan like Valdes. Good luck to her

In her original contract with Japan it was stated that she will play with the DOM National team when called upon. But it also said she would play V.League in seasons 2023, 2024 and 2025. She's enrolled at Tsukuba now, etc. So , whatever

• She went to the same HS as Kumagai right? Kumagai is also in Tsukuba did they all go there lol

Yes, and Akane Abe. Kumagai and Abe played full time and did well in the just finished Kanto Spring Tournament. I thought Niina did especially well. Abe just looks fabulous at this point, needs to up her numbers a bit