Japan Women's NT 2023

• I disagree and TBS does so much for them already. Hayashi, inoue, seki and irisawa have all gotten their own episodes.The problem is the erratic player changes in the main team. There's very little time for anyone to even remember each player's names.

its inevitable and necessary to make player changes as long as the aces remain intact. it's not a big deal every team goes through it. if you can't keep up that's you're own fault

• its inevitable and necessary to make player changes as long as the aces remain intact. it's not a big deal every team goes through it. if you can't keep up that's you're own fault

But can Koga and Mayu pull in 10,000 people and fill an arena's quota? with both girls heavily relying on their male counterparts names now.

I'm saying it takes more than just those 2 they're nowhere near Saori's stardom and she never had to rely on anyone else to get her name out there.

• But can Koga and Mayu pull in 10,000 people and fill an arena's quota? with both girls heavily relying on their male counterparts names now.

I'm saying it takes more than just those 2 they're nowhere near Saori's stardom and she never had to rely on anyone else to get her name out there.

that was a very different time there's no use comparing it to saori and she was an exceptional beauty so of course her popularity was magnified. they have to get with the times and in this tiktok youtuber generation whoever has the most exposure gains more fans. the women's nt barely has any exposure that's not only accessible but also trendy. look at ran he dabbles at every kind of silly tiktok trend and nishida is only that popular now thanks to youtubers.

• that was a very different time there's no use comparing it to saori and she was an exceptional beauty so of course her popularity was magnified. they have to get with the times and in this tiktok youtuber generation whoever has the most exposure gains more fans. the women's nt barely has any exposure that's not only accessible but also trendy. look at ran he dabbles at every kind of silly tiktok trend and nishida is only that popular now thanks to youtubers.

i see your point but at the same time ran is extremely popular because he's conventionally good looking for an athlete in the way that saori is extremely popular cause she's a stunner.

there's that male korean volleyball player that i think sucks but he's goodlooking too and all his videos on youtube are about his looks lmao. he has a lot of followers who don't even know about the sport mostly cringe kpop nerds who call him daddy

• Capcom made an NT version. Only Chunli matters

What is that? I don't understand ?(

• What is that? I don't understand ?(

As the top sponsor of JVA for next three years, Capcom wants to use the popularity of Japan volleyball to promote its brand and business.

They create a official account named 「カプコンバレーボール全力応援」(Capcom volleyball full supporting) to promote the Japan NT teams.

This short animation introducing volleyball is very cute. Should translate into different langauges to deliver to the World.

• As the top sponsor of JVA for next three years, Capcom wants to use the popularity of Japan volleyball to promote its brand and business.

They create a official account named 「カプコンバレーボール全力応援」(Capcom volleyball full supporting) to promote the Japan NT teams.

Ah thanks. Tweetboxer shenanigans. Didn't know anything about how thunder thighs worked in the equation. Good luck with that, I guess :drink:

• Funny how commentators reverse engineer their commentary based on bullshit. At 2–8 in the match last night, after DOM blocked almost everything, Clayton, and whoever, start talking about DOM's serve pressure ... because, ya know, it would explain that Japan has been out of system and can't score. But if you watch the match:

Koga lands serve 1 on Seki's head (Rally, then Hayashi gets blocked)

Nishimura lands serve 2 on Seki's head (Koga gets blocked)

Koga boinks serve 3, Clayton announces "Japan is out of system" (Hayashi scores)

Nishimura lands serve 4 on Seki's head (Rally, Koga scores)

Inoue B- Passes serve 5 (Rally. Pass didn't lead to DOM block because Japan was out of system)

Nishimura C passes serve 6 (Inoue gets blocked but boinked her own block coverage - call it a draw) <<-- BINGO

Nishimura A passes serve 7 (Koga gets blocked on back court attack, hardly an OOS play)

Nishimura boinks serve 8, (Hayashi had to set Inoue who gets blocked) <<-- BINGO

So there we are at 2–8 and they start talking about DOM's serve pressure keeping Japan out of system :what:

• right now, outside of Koga and Ishikawa, there really is no name recognition with this team to the general public.

Many of the stars from the most recent high school tournaments/champs have not really made a dent in the national team.

Kurogo basically is living a better life right now but she had the most name recognition because of the high school success.

Ishikawa has name recognition, but she is kind of similar to her brother in that their play does the talking.

Manage is trying to find his core for 2024 and 2024 qualifying, but right now outside of those two, most people don’t know whom is whom.

• Airi Miyabe gets some recognition because of being a bi-racial child, who did play in Haruko. Still we don’t see her on the court much.

Gromos had basically never been seen before by the Japanese public and so any information on her to the general public (let alone us because we had no clue either) is brand new.

Still with Gromos, there is a big difference from NCAA to international volleyball and whether she can make that jump is another story.

• right now, outside of Koga and Ishikawa, there really is no name recognition with this team to the general public.

Many of the stars from the most recent high school tournaments/champs have not really made a dent in the national team.

Kurogo basically is living a better life right now but she had the most name recognition because of the high school success.

Ishikawa has name recognition, but she is kind of similar to her brother in that their play does the talking.

Manage is trying to find his core for 2024 and 2024 qualifying, but right now outside of those two, most people don’t know whom is whom.

Nagaoka is in her last stages but I'm sure if she could be active later on there's a good chance that some of her fans could get into it again especially Thai and Filipino fans. If you notice she has the highest engagement rate on IG and her personal Instagram account created just last August now has 186K followers without her posting regularly. Second highest after Koga who reached 200K after her marriage announcement.

Honestly it doesn't matter to me whether or not they're popular. The main thing is they do well. Popularity will eventually follow through no matter what.

• I have to say though I was super annoyed with Irisawa when Nakada first selected her. She never got anywhere with that anyway. I don't pay particular attention to Hitachi so I can't say I've noticed any changes and for the longest time I thought she was in JT or at least my mind always registered her in JT.

But after seeing her last night I liked her a little. She did look much more confident, almost matching Araki's energy.

• Momii was the third most popular Japanese player during VNL pre-Tokyo. She went from around 3K to 12K after VNL alone. She's young, biracial, cute, belongs in a top team in the league and she's trendy or whatever term to describe the cool type. Yoshino Sato also had some potential cause she was the most likeable rookie last year unfortunately she's very mediocre and nothing quite like ran, kai or any of the other newbies fresh from college who also happen to be attractive to teens.