Polish NT 2023

• She is very good player, with strong serve. I was surprised that she didn't go pro.

But i need to add, NCAA is probably worst place to build all-around OH, if you are not good in attack or reception they will find you sub for that.

i remember she already played in second division of Polish league. Like other users said, most of foreigner players go to USA are not good, but she is quite good already. (Polish version of Julia B ? ) The risk of being subbed or benched is inevitable, but there is one OH in most NCAA teams that actually plays 6 rotations and do all kinds of work on court. If she is good enough, she could earn that place. I think it's worthy to get a degree while playing in NCAA considering Polish League is not very high level atm and player her age won't get lots of court time too. No harm waiting for 4 years to play pro if she aim for long career.

I hope she grow into the all-around OH that Poland NT needs, really impressive during U19.

• 1. But he called 9 OHs and 1 just dropped out, 8 left so no need to call, especially that none all of them will be called to the camp before VNL.

2. List was closed by FIVB on 2nd May, no options to change or you pay huge money (Huber's last years case).

3. Piasecka played much better than Górecka in the last match and she is called to the NT so we have sub.

I meant not only for VNL but also for Eurovolley and OQT, but it would be nice if Piasecka plays well also in VNL:)

• I meant not only for VNL but also for Eurovolley and OQT, but it would be nice if Piasecka plays well also in VNL:)

True, before the next tournament some new face may appear but ofc it will depend on VNL performance.

I saw Różański on Deve-LKS match and as she finished her season long time ago I started to wonder is she training with other NT girls in Szczyrk or was skipped this season?

• True, before the next tournament some new face may appear but ofc it will depend on VNL performance.

I saw Różański on Deve-LKS match and as she finished her season long time ago I started to wonder is she training with other NT girls in Szczyrk or was skipped this season?

I am curious about Różański...

• True, before the next tournament some new face may appear but ofc it will depend on VNL performance.

She played the last match on May 3rd. She was not in the group that started preparation on May 8th. I believe that she got 1.5 week of vacation like the girls that started on Monday.

• Really interesting interview with Malwina Smarzek: https://audio.onet.pl/show/wci…m-si-wyj-z-domu-onetaudio

Unfortunately it is only in polish, so maybe I will highlight a few things from the interview (if anyone would be interested):

- She had no conflict with Lavarini, she felt terrible mentally and knew that she couldn't help NT. Lavarini understood her situation and they had normal conversation this year about NT.

- Malwina coudn't leave Russia right away, because there was no relevant clause in the contract, but the team from Kaliningrad noticed that she was feeling terrible in connection with the war and they agreed to resolve the contract, so that she could return to Poland. What's more, they paid her the entire contract and didn't cause any problems. She still claims that she met there amazing, friendly people which she still has contact with. She said that her team mates were forced to speak awful things and act like there is nothing going on, but after interviews they were crying in the locker room. Many of the players has ukrainian friends or families and they of course was against the war but couldn't make it public.

- She is against russian and belarusian athletes on the olympics, even though she knows that ordinary people have nothing to do with war and it is Pu*in fault. She emphasizes that no one mentions other wars in the world that take place and there is more countries that should be excluded due to their warfare.

- Malwina was depressed. The situation with the banner with the words f8ck off in Łódź was excruciatingly painful. She donated the money to fundraisers for Ukraine and some stuff like clothes or food, but she didn't share it on social media, thus people thought that she did nothing. She was searching for the state of mind in the mountains 'cause she was done with people. She was pushed and spat on (!!) in the streets in Łódź many times (she stayed there with her family), then people again started to insult her that she should be with the NT and instead of that she is on the holiday.

- She will probably play in Italy next season, she will also have italian citizenship, so maybe she could be counted as a local in a while (she will of course play for Polish NT). She wants to play in Japan and China in the future, she is extremely grateful for the season in Brazil and said that is was the best decision. Her club still hasn't paid her all the money, she felt a little bit unsafe, so she she didn't want to stay, but overall she is delighted and feels full of energy.

• I am so sorry for her, she doesn't deserve the hate she gets. She found herself in Brazil and looked fresh and smiley. I hope she will get out of depression.

• because people are stupid and they don`t care how exactly looks her situation in Russia. So many bad thing in her life happend in this time inculding divorce... I`m really so sorry for her and keep fingers for her:heart:

• This is off topic but I wonder why these stupid people only go after Smarzek while Bednorz successfully stayed at Kazan until the end of season. Poor girl doesn't deserve any of the these ridicule attack. Looking forward to see her play in NT this summer, with her smile.

• great interview, I hope Malwina will play this year in NT although I would like to see Galkowska too.

and the greatest part was that she wants to climb Everest and other eight-thousanders in the future :white:

• Anyone knows which girls joined the camp? Or maybe which are the 18-20 names?

EDIT:

I read on siatka.org that Piasecka will join NT camp so maybe she is Gorecka’s replacement.

Currently in the camp

Maria Stenzel

Monika Fedusio

Joanna Pacak

Monika Gałkowska

Agnieszka Korneluk

Martyna Czyrniańska

Olivia Różański

Malwina Smarzek

Martyna Łukasik

Julia Nowicka

Marlena Kowalewska

Players from ŁKS and Developres should join this week. No idea when Stysiak and Wołosz could join (probably next week when girls will be in Radom).

• So without Pierzchała :( I think she deserve more than Pacak or Obiała

She will be part of U21 team (2003 +) and I believe she will also play for team B which is going to compete at Universiade

• Today some of them have medical tests (Szlagowska for example). Both Stysiak and Wołosz are in Poland. Witkowska also said something about May 18th.

• But maybe they will undergo medical test today and join in Radom. From info on PZPS site it looks like only Szlagowska and Piasecka will join the team in Szczyrk, it means that the rest will come to Radom. Either way, if Łysiak, Obiała, Damaske, Pierzchała, Szczurowska, Lemańczyk, Grabka, Drużkowska were planned, then they all should be in Szczyrk already.

With that we have:

S: Wołosz, Wenerska, Kowalewska, Nowicka

MB: Witkowska, Korneluk, Jurczyk, Centka, Gryka, Pacak

OH: Czyrniańska, Łukasik, Różański, Fedusio, Piasecka, Szlagowska

OPP: Stysiak, Smarzek, Gałkowska

L: Stenzel, Szczygłowska

Still more than 18.