Brazil Women's NT 2023

• Thaisa with a legendary performance, full stop.

But Maiara was the unsung hero of the night for me. 71% pos reception in her de facto NT debut, pretty decent attack percentage as well. I always believed in you, girl :rose:

Also Macris finally found the connection with Carol, thank god. I desperately want to see Carol get her blocking form back, though. The Carol-Thaisa duo is going to be unstoppable then.

• sloth was NO ON THAISA a response to one of her less than stellar moments tonight, a meme you were replaying for mocking purposes, or something from long ago?

• Thaisa's energy brings something different, special, and it's quite thrilling to see that she still the best MB in the world. 9 blocks? :obey:

Brazil started the game sloppy, and it was like this until 4th set when Thaisa decided to end the game by herself and woke up the whole team, except Macris, the amount of wrong combinations in the game was unbelievable, and she remained inconsistent until the end.

Very happy with Maiara's entry, when Julia showed signs that she was feeling the game, I felt it was a good game for Maiara. She passed, defended, did ok in attack, and It was comfortable with the NT Jersey, coming in a very adverse situation.

• Thaisa with a legendary performance, full stop.

But Maiara was the unsung hero of the night for me. 71% pos reception in her de facto NT debut, pretty decent attack percentage as well. I always believed in you, girl :rose:

Also Macris finally found the connection with Carol, thank god. I desperately want to see Carol get her blocking form back, though. The Carol-Thaisa duo is going to be unstoppable then.

Maiara just made the 'fight' for the OH backup position much more interesting.

In Carol's defense she seems tired. Same is happening to Danesi. Last year they were blocking machines but this year it's not happening.

• Maiara just made the 'fight' for the OH backup position much more interesting.

In Carol's defense she seems tired. Same is happening to Danesi. Last year they were blocking machines but this year it's not happening.

That's true. She's been nonstop for years now, I think the only time she's missed more than one match in a row was when she got Covid two seasons ago.

Plus she's short, so she has to make up for it by jumping really high, and that's probably very hard on the body.

• I was reliving this moment

I knew there was story :drink:

• I was reliving this moment

Carol's got a name!

We used to pass around the time the NED coach instructed his team "Never #4, Never #4" because if he said "Never Shinnabe" no one would know who he was talking about :lol:

• Will Gattaz be back for nex NT season? Carol-Thaisa is already a scary duo. Who would be the 3rd MBs for Paris?

Diana is definitely the frontrunner for the 3rd MB spot as of now, but if Gattaz is fit, I don't see why she wouldn't be in the running.

It's a pity she wasn't able to transfer to Praia because of her injury, though. That means she'll have to bench Julia, who will also be fighting for a NT stop, if she wants to make it to Paris. It's just a bad situation for everyone, ideally they'd both be starters in a pre-Olympic season.

• Diana is definitely the frontrunner for the 3rd MB spot as of now, but if Gattaz is fit, I don't see why she wouldn't be in the running.

It's a pity she wasn't able to transfer to Praia because of her injury, though. That means she'll have to bench Julia, who will also be fighting for a NT stop, if she wants to make it to Paris. It's just a bad situation for everyone, ideally they'd both be starters in a pre-Olympic season.

Julia Kudiess can wait for LA 2028. Carol-Thaisa-Diana for Paris is a nice combo. Or would it be okay to bring 4 MBs? Hopefully Paris will allow 14-16 players this time

• Julia Kudiess can wait for LA 2028. Carol-Thaisa-Diana for Paris is a nice combo. Or would it be okay to bring 4 MBs? Hopefully Paris will allow 14-16 players this time

About the 4 MBs, I can definitely see it happening, but I kind of hate this option lol. I feel like we could've used an extra pin both in Rio and in Tokyo.

A 14 player roster would be the dream, but I think they'll stick to 12 unfortunately.

• Haven't watched SRB-BRA match but who's the slider between Carol and Thaisa?

• Haven't watched SRB-BRA match but who's the slider between Carol and Thaisa?

Thaisa was doing, she was the MB in front when Kisy was at backcourt and blocking alongside with Macris, but, both Carol and Thaisa was attacking different plays.

• Thaisa was next to Macris on the rotation, but I think she only hit the slide a couple times or so. She was mostly set in front of Macris.

This is the way to go IMO, I don't see the point in forcing the slide when none of them are natural sliders.

• I think giving Lorenne a chance is fair. She was very important in the WCH and had a better club season than Lorrayna (or so I heard lol, I don't follow the Russian League).

Lorenne is a weird player. You count her out but then all of a sudden she comes up with some huge performances. Then you start to think she could have a place on the team, and she goes back to playing awfully.

I don't think neither lorrayna or lorenne is the answer for Brazil's lack of good Opp problem. I have most hope in Kisy among all Brazilian Opps. I think Ze should bet on him and take rosamaria as backup Opp for Olympics. Neither lorrayna nor lorenne will be a factor during next Olympic cycle

• Maiara starting against Germany!