Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• What a disappointment of three sets from Milano. I can't believe how badly underperformed today, even Castillo seemed to be affected by this sort of shock and awe feeling the whole team seemed to feel for Conegliano. I'm focusing on the mental aspect because in my opinion there's no technical reason for Milano to be that bad. Yes, one can argue about Conegliano's continuity in terms of core players and system, but still it's not like they don't have the roster to play a competitive game.

• What a disappointment of three sets from Milano. I can't believe how badly underperformed today, even Castillo seemed to be affected by this sort of shock and awe feeling the whole team seemed to feel for Conegliano. I'm focusing on the mental aspect because in my opinion there's no technical reason for Milano to be that bad. Yes, one can argue about Conegliano's continuity in terms of core players and system, but still it's not like they don't have the roster to play a competitive game.

The biggest problem today was the setter. Simple. She put MBS out of the match and the problem with the OH is well known. Also in the servis they did not target on Plummer as Imoco did to Bajema. So only Egonu was saved today. Gaspari also did not use the best MB of the team and he did not use Nika.

• Just finished with watching Pinerolo's 3-1 win over Chieri! Some referee discussions delayed the last set a bit, but a well-deserved win for teamwork - and Akrari MVP :heart:

Is it worth rewatching the match between Imoco - Milano? Match sheet shows better reception stats for Plummer than Moki, and setter distribution by Orro looks to be quite one-sided :whistle: but good to see Egonu with "only" 6 errors today as there have been multi-digit matches

• Just finished with watching Pinerolo's 3-1 win over Chieri! Some referee discussions delayed the last set a bit, but a well-deserved win for teamwork - and Akrari MVP :heart:

Is it worth rewatching the match between Imoco - Milano? Match sheet shows better reception stats for Plummer than Moki, and setter distribution by Orro looks to be quite one-sided :σφυρίχτρα: but good to see Egonu with "only" 6 errors today as there have been multi-digit matches

Where did you see the match sheet?

• The biggest problem today was the setter. Simple. She put MBS out of the match and the problem with the OH is well known. Also in the servis they did not target on Plummer as Imoco did to Bajema. So only Egonu was saved today. Gaspari also did not use the best MB of the team and he did not use Nika.

I'm sorry, but it's a bit too easy to put all the blame back to Orro. It was the whole team that didn't show up today.

• Orro doesn’t belong to this level. When Milano has 3 italians on court, why they didn’t transfer a good foreigner setter?

And they renewed her with two more years🤦

• According to statistics Sylla had a good percentage in attack but made as many as 5 direct errors in reception. Unfortunately, Italians aren`t able to train 2 stable receivers with a good attack, e.g. del Core, Piccinini. They have a million great coaches, a lot of junior medals, and they must to play in the national team with Sylla, who 10-15 years ago haven`t even made the first 12 in the Italian national team. Even Valentina Fiorin was more stable in her reception...

• I'm sorry, but it's a bit too easy to put all the blame back to Orro. It was the whole team that didn't show up today.

All the team was bad because she find a magic way to put all of them out of rhythm with her slow and monotonous style. 43 sets to Egonu and 45 to all the others and specially Paola always with double block. Also 9 sets to the middle from the 88 sets and it suppose that the MB is the strongest source of points after Paola.

• How did 'omg she is the best mb in the world' folie play? And how did 'the worst OH in the world' Plummer play tonight?:roll:  crovolley

• Plummer had a great match, at least according to the stats. :heart:

Her perfect passing is much higher than both De Gennaro and Castillo and the highest of all players. And she's still the second best scorer of her team, despite Vero Volley targeted her on service to limit her offesive game. :dance6: