Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• This is, even included Gamova, Boskovic, Vargas and Egonu, quite possibly the best attacking performance of all time. I have never seen anything like it.

Vargas is not yet to be included in a group of those 3 for all time lol

• And of course Haak put away the last point. What a match from her!:obey::obey::obey:

Pity bc I think that swing could have been defended but yea she went OFF today

• Haak was absolutely brilliant tonight!!! 41 points and I think 70%!!! One mustn’t downplay what Krob, Plummer, MDG and Fahr brought tonight (I’m conegliano biased)… Scandicci also were excellent… Herbots was a highlight in sets 1 and 2 but started to disappear in sets 3 and 4… Notwithstanding the serve, Antropova had her least effective match of the final thus far. Looking forward to match 4!!!!

• Haak with the winner was just meant to be. Scandicci has to believe Game 5 will happen though, they seem to be in a great shape physically and mentally they're not quitting. Even with a fourth set played to a lesser degree they still ended it quite close to Conegliano.

• For those that are unbiased who do you think has performed better this series between Ognjenović and Wolosz ?

• Haak was the best without a doubt, but Plummer, Hahr and Lubian also had monster performances that are worth mentioning.

Haak 41 pts, 35/54 65%!, 2 aces 4 blocks

Plummer 23 pts, 21/37 57%, 2 aces

Fahr 10 pts, 7/9 78%!!, 3 blocks

Lubian, 11 pts, 9/15 60%, 2 aces

• For those that are unbiased who do you think has performed better this series between Ognjenović and Wolosz ?

In today's match I thought Maja was better but in the other two Wolosz probably had the edge overall. Hard to compare because poor Ognjenovic has to run all over the court like a hare. Honestly I think they're both doing good jobs as we would expect from those two but Ognjenovic has the occasional WTF period.

I'm not really unbiased but I can be honest anyway. :P

• Haak was absolutely brilliant tonight!!! 41 points and I think 70%!!! One mustn’t downplay what Krob, Plummer, MDG and Fahr brought tonight (I’m conegliano biased)… Scandicci also were excellent… Herbots was a highlight in sets 1 and 2 but started to disappear in sets 3 and 4… Notwithstanding the serve, Antropova had her least effective match of the final thus far. Looking forward to match 4!!!!

She scored 19/37 balls and 51% in attack, its very efficient and better ratio than in the last game. I think she had 45% in game 2.

Overall Scandicci played to the very limit of their capability in terms of attack. Both Herbots and Zhu were attacking at a much better ratio than earlier in this series.

• She scored 19/37 balls and 51% in attack, its very efficient and better ratio than in the last game. I think she had 45% in game 2.

Overall Scandicci played to the very limit of their capability in terms of attack. Both Herbots and Zhu were attacking at a much better ratio than earlier in this series.

thanks for the data - 51% is indeed effective! To me, It appeared Antropova was not as much of a star as the previous matches. Beyond some bursts, the Scandicci middle was also not as effective.

Perhaps when both teams are at their best, one of them is just better… :)