CEV Champions League 2024

• Congrats to Imoco! it was fully expected, nevertheless I was surprised how nonchalant Ferhat acted during the game. I was looking at Santarelli who was screaming and yelling with full of energy and yet Ferhat showed no energy at all that also trickled to his player and except for the third set they played with without any energy. I don’t know why Ferhat wouldn’t understand that Gray is not a good passer. Beyza was nowhere to be found; they desperately needed Yasimin, who by the way was let go because of Ferhat’s egoistic reasons. Overall Ezacibasi didn’t know how to play as a team and they got schooled by Imoco.

Also, I think from last year where two Turkish team played the finals in Italy, made a big push for Italian teams to do much better for this year. Milano who was designed for this match specifically, you can see from their faces, winning this match what it meant for them. But FB could have won the match, perhaps Eda could have made the difference in some important moments. In any case playing golden set is always a gamble.

Well the Italians learned their lesson from last year, and let’s see if the Turks will do the same for next year!

• all star team vote is open

I hope Best are cosen and not because they are turkish or play for turkish teams

As finalist are from italy

• The list for vote set by CEV is just ridiculous, as always.

Setter: Orro, Wolosz, Elif, Maja (No Drca)

Opp: Egonu, Haak, Boskovic, Rivers (I actually like this selection, both Vargas & Thompson are deserved to be cancelled lol)

OH1: Gabi, Kalandaze, Kotikova, Gray

OH2: Herbots, Plummer, Arina, Frantti

(No KRob but Gray, seriously!? And only ONE OH from the finalists can be voted, and that’s Plummer lol)

MB1: Eda, Ogbogu, Robin, Strubbe

MB2: Rettke, Jack, Carol, Folie

(No Fahr!? While Eda didn’t even play in the SF:whistle:)

L: Brenda, Gizem, MDG, Simge

• And ofc. players who are playing in TL are leading :gone::gone::gone:

• Not having Drca, Cook and Fahr is absolutely ridiculous as all of them would be either 1st or 2nd best player on their position.

Also, why on earth is there Gray but not Hande.. eventhough none of them would be my pick, Gray doesn’t deserve to be considered at all, especially before better OH from their team.

Anyways

Wolosz/Boskovic

Gabi/Arina

Ogbogu/Carol

Castillo

would be my options,

but defenitely Drca, Fahr and Kelsey are second behind them and before any others offered at their position.. I would maybe even take Fahr over Ogbogu or Carol and Kelsey before Gabi because their team is in final unlike teams of rest of those that were eliminated in 1/4 finals :gone:

Drca would be defenitely second best option behind Wolosz.

• It is the most useless dream team selection ever 🤦 I lost my hope to have a well deserved dream team selection from both FIVB and Cev long ago 🙄