CEV Champions League 2024

• It is even more strange that Barbolini was a great professional coach and he built a great Despar long time ago and then won many titles with the Italian national team. And it looks like it's not him who builds the team, but some president?

Barbolini is way past his prime. That doesn't mean he's a bad coach, but it's not among the very best anymore. Plus, I don't think he ever had a roster that could have made a deep run in any of these four years he coached Scandicci. Lots of names but very little substance.

• After Vakif won last year against FB in semis ai can’t say that Vakif will for sure lose any game.

The team last year had more reach with Egonu.

• I wish Vakıfbank had played against Milano in QF instead of Imoco, Imoco is too strong for them. Guidetti could have do his magic on Milano.

• In my opinion, it is already clear that Antropova will never be the top attacker in the world. She is a one-dimensional volleyball player who only hits with force and can often be blocked. Her only advantage is her serve and that's it. You will never win any important cup with someone like that in your team.

Like she's good but yea, I don't see her reaching that peak Opp level of Boskovic, Egonu, Vargas even Haak etc.

• Make a change Boskovic vs Antropova and you get the opposite result. Turkish clubs have more money and that's why they attract better players who make a difference.

But you just said Haak isn't on their level for Conegliano to challenge Vargas, Boskovic etc. and Vakif won everything with her. Of course Turkish clubs have often a higher budget but Italian teams aren't cheap. I think part of it is the budget and part of it is the mentality of the clubs, I feel like Turkish clubs are a bit more strict and Italians relaxed. Though teams like Imoco are on Turkish clubs level for sure and they have loyal players hard to get for Turkish teams like Wolosz that they are interested in for year.

• Like she's good but yea, I don't see her reaching that peak Opp level of Boskovic, Egonu, Vargas even Haak etc.

She is a typical Russian attacker, of which there are/were many in that country. Perhaps she would be included in some Russian squad for the VNL but nothing more. Personally, I like Bosković's style more than Egonu. Bosković's style is more stable - with fewer errors. In addition, I think that Bosković is mentally stronger than Egonu and is 100% focused to sport. Unfortunately, Egonu has a very difficult character + he does many other things and I am not sure if he is 100% focused to volleyball. This might explain why she's not as good as she was a few years ago when she was younger. Coming back to Antropowa, I was counting on her to want to change positions and try to play as a receiving and attacking player. Currently, she will simply play the role of Egon's replacement until she leaves the Italian national team, which may happen after 2024.

• Btw people saying Naz isn't expensive are wrong, she used to be one of the most expensive local players for years making close to figures of KYK 10 years ago even and in Vakif for some time. I wouldn't be surprised if she is still making that much.

• There was once such a player - Bahar Mert, and she was probably the best Turkish setter in her history. Later there were different ones, but none of them equaled her class. Although, of course, in Bahar Mert's times, Turkish clubs did not have the same budgets as they do now and she could not win as many trophies as current volleyball players.

• I suspect imoco has a bigger budget than turkish teams & scandicci next season for sure. Look at that squad: haak, gabi, zhu, pietrini??, wolosz and co. I see at least 3 1+ million players

• Personally, I would give all these cups and medals from this season for at least the bronze medal of the Italian women's team in Paris this summer. Therefore, I am more interested in ensuring that the top players are healthy and free of injury, even that they rest a little more and have strength for the national team. Regarding clubs, I think that we should focus on the development of local players, and if we bring someone from abroad, then only 1-2 stars, such as Bosković, etc. The rest should be local, high-level players. Then it makes sense and helps the national team. Basing the squad on 5-6 foreign players makes no sense to me.

• Like she's good but yea, I don't see her reaching that peak Opp level of Boskovic, Egonu, Vargas even Haak etc.

Even Haak??? Where does it come from that Haak is worse than Egonu the Vargas and Boskovic???? She is the only player in the world right now who has won every big trophy in the world of clubs and she had . She has won all the titles in Turkey and in Italy , the CL and the WCC. All her years in Turkey she has dominanted against Boskovic and Vargas ( who has not won not even the half of these ) and now in Italy she surpassed Egonu too.

The fact that she has not the prestige of the others because of NTs does not make her worst.

• Even Haak??? Where does it come from that Haak is worse than Egonu the Vargas and Boskovic???? She is the only player in the world right now who has won every big trophy in the world of clubs and she had . She has won all the titles in Turkey and in Italy , the CL and the WCC. All her years in Turkey she has dominanted against Boskovic and Vargas ( who has not won not even the half of these ) and now in Italy she surpassed Egonu too.

The fact that she has not the prestige of the others because of NTs does not make her worst.

well I mean shes won everything but she’s also been on the most well oiled machines to do it. Would anyway really say they would take haak for their team over boskovic ?

• I suspect imoco has a bigger budget than turkish teams & scandicci next season for sure. Look at that squad: haak, gabi, zhu, pietrini??, wolosz and co. I see at least 3 1+ million players

Turkish players earn with Turkish liras but italian players getting euros. plus, most of turkish players in Eczacıbaşı and Vakıfbank are from youth teams, so they are cheaper.

Vakıfbank and Eczacıbaşı can give more money to foreigners than İmoco but one of the reason is that they don't pay much to their local players. people who dont't know this thing, and then by comparing their offers to big stars, they think Turkish clubs has much bigger budgets. İt was much bigger but last couple of years, İtalian clubs definitely reached Turkish clubs level.

• Imoco will probably win but if boskovic enters god mode and elif plays like she did today using her properly then maybe just maybe

I am sure Eczacıbaşı won't lose easily but yeah they defnietely lose. They don't have enough quality and winning mentality to beat İmoco. Rather than Boskovic, their OHs need to play at their best but it is unlikely.

• Turkish players earn with Turkish liras but italian players getting euros. plus, most of turkish players in Eczacıbaşı and Vakıfbank are from youth teams, so they are cheaper.

Vakıfbank and Eczacıbaşı can give more money to foreigners than İmoco but one of the reason is that they don't pay much to their local players. people who dont't know this thing, and then by comparing their offers to big stars, they think Turkish clubs has much bigger budgets. İt was much bigger but last couple of years, İtalian clubs definitely reached Turkish clubs level.

Eldorado in Turkish women's volleyball started around 2008/2010. of what I remember. Back then, Fenerbahce was the first Turkish club to make really high offers and outbid Italian ones, e.g. Piccinini once received an offer from them for over $1 million, which was a huge sum 15 years ago. Previously, the leading Turkish clubs: Vakifbank and Eczacibasi had good budgets and solid squads, but they had no chance to compete with the Italian ones. The financial crisis, which hit the Italian economy hard after 2008, also had a major impact. At that time, not only volleyball clubs went bankrupt, but also football and basketball clubs. In the case of Turkey, it seems to me that Erdogan's rule has improved the situation of sports in Turkey and their economy. I remember that in the 1990s, sport in Turkey was very poor and Turkish clubs had no chance to compete with Western Europe in any club sport.

• Money don't play, they had chance, but hard true is that they played 2 terrible sets

Stuttgart was forced to play too many hard matches now, visible in the unnecessary defeat because of error prone play against Dresden in German league before. Compared to that it was easy living for Fenerbahe against Sariyer at the weekend.

• well I mean shes won everything but she’s also been on the most well oiled machines to do it. Would anyway really say they would take haak for their team over boskovic ?

Yes but if you think it well you will realised that a lot of times she was the person who made team to look like a well oiled machines . Who carried Vakif in to her shoulders in her last year in Turkey??? It was her. It was her who lead to the victory. All the others inclued Gabi had a lot of ups and downs and some terrible performaces in the finals. The same also in the last season in Italy. Imoco was in bad shape ( we saw this also in CL ) and she was the ONLY stable and good player who lead in the team to all the finals. There are a lot of examples but if you notices her you will se a player who which is hardly affected by the performance of those around her and she can lead to to victory. Also she is much more stable certainly than Boskovic and Egonu with far fewer errors and a clearly superior lower level than all the major ΟPP. Mostly Egonu and Boskovic are disastrous on their bad day and with tons of mistakes. I don't remember ever seeing her play games like those of Boskovic in the finals of Turkey, or in CL final, or of Egonu in the fifth set of the cup final. To be honest I do not know about Vargas but right now I would easily say that she is better from Boskovic and 100% sure from Egonu.

• Gabi was outstanding in the season that VB won everything with Haak.

Last season Egonu was the reason behind VB success in CL. BTW Egonu was terrific in last CL final. Till now Egonu has been the only player who carried a lot of teams to CL tittle. She has way more ups and downs but for sure in her good days there is no one near to her level.

• Gabi was outstanding in the season that VB won everything with Haak.

Last season Egonu was the reason behind VB success in CL. BTW Egonu was terrific in last CL final. Till now Egonu has been the only player who carried a lot of teams to CL tittle. She has way more ups and downs but for sure in her good days there is no one near to her level.

Yes, Gabi was best player in cl in final not Haak.

But is pointless to talk, this guy Steven know nothing about volleyball.