Nation League Man 2023

• This Japan team has been improving over the last couple of years, the talent has been there but the mistakes against the big teams would always creep in and cause them to lose.

Today was going to be one of those days, Brazil will come back, can Japan keep their play and cool.

Takahashi’s serve at 11-10, where the Brazilian bench is complaining about the 4 touches (would not have mattered), was one of those times.

Still fought and fought, great win for them. This is such a moment for this team going forward.

• Japan are much better than 4+ years ago but I will "buy" their powerhouse status when they do it at a major tournament. As a start, at the olympic qualifier.

• Takahashi’s serve at 11-10, where the Brazilian bench is complaining about the 4 touches (would not have mattered), was one of those times.

They were complaining about whoever hit the ball being across the center line before the ball was dead (he was)

but Brazil couldn't challenge it cause they were too late (or the judgement call of the ref interfered with that)

• Japan really did great this match. Set One and Two, is standard for the new Japan in terms of consistency and speed. When BRA turned up their service game on top of an all around game, they solidly got Set 3 and 4. Set 5 was more of toss-up of who will outclass and that is where Japan prevailed. This is probably the first real A+ team Japan actually played against.

Japan should still be careful with their reception here and there AND their OHs/defensive core are showing tiredness in some gaps towards the end of the match. But their offense has definitely improved. Their digging is second to none in this tournament. BRA still got their clutch gameplay and great in-game adjustments but lots errors in reception. It will be interesting how in the long run how would they adjust with the Japanese defense.

• This Japan team has been improving over the last couple of years, the talent has been there but the mistakes against the big teams would always creep in and cause them to lose.

Today was going to be one of those days, Brazil will come back, can Japan keep their play and cool.

Takahashi’s serve at 11-10, where the Brazilian bench is complaining about the 4 touches (would not have mattered), was one of those times.

Still fought and fought, great win for them. This is such a moment for this team going forward.

Agree. There were several moments in the tiebreak I thought they would slip the victory away again. The moment when Ishikawa hit the diagonal out again and failed to clinch the match point; when they were stolen a point by the referee who decided to replay the point which Fernardo clearly had a double touch before colliding with someone and felling off to the ground; when the MB K. Takahashi served his weak float serve way out right after they won a great rally. But this time they finally held their nerves and made it. Hope this tournament can really help them gain more confidence against the best teams and not that prone to stumbling at clutch moments.
    And worth noting that they won this match without Nishida a single minute on court! It was unimaginable in the past.

• In fact, I don't think Nishida is better than Miyaura.

In 2017, Nishida was just the substitute of Miyaura in U19 ACH.

Who knows Nishida just joined Japanese senior NT in 2018?

Now, Nishida was injured for at least four times for two years.

Miyaura just said, "I am back!"

^^

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• The only reason they are playing for those specific national teams to begin with is because of money (Brazil, Italy, Poland, Turkey pay the most money to Vball professionals). Since they weren't born or grew up there, it must just feel like a second club to them.

This is not true actually in case of Leon: his agent was a Pole once he emigrated from Cuba and he found a wife in Poland (this month she gave a birth for their 2nd child), but he played in Russia, actually has never played in Poland, and said that Russians were offering him some serious money to represent Russian Federation.

What more can I say? I think I've already said that once or twice: I'm a fan of football rules in terms of dual eligibility - I just think they are proper in terms of when and under what conditions players can change their NT eligibility. Within them, these top players wouldn't be eligible to change their federation. The problem with Cubans was that FIVB didn't put any pressure on them to withdraw from this draconian law of not allowing Cubans to emigrate, what created this messy situation of top players (Leon, Leal, Juantorena) disallowed to represent their nation.

That being said, Leon did basically everything he could've to earn a right to be considered as a full-time NT player, so Bartman is just b****ing out there for no reason.

And it's funny actually with Bartman, because I used to know privately a person with direct access to the National Team, and I felt sorry for him when he wasn't called up for the NT in 2014 because that was basically an order from Polish federation to new coach Stephan Antiga. But being super brave and - well - not intelligent is never a good combo for a public figure, lol.

• France only has 1 win atm, :what: They might risk of not qualifying to the final round

Giani said before the season that they learned their lesson from previous years that it is hard to combine both VNL and the other event the same year, so they'll take VNL lightly this time and start with younger players the whole event. It's still weird considering that they have no OQTs, but I think France can still make it. Regardless, they may be the biggest favorites during the ECH, and flopping at the VNL may be helpful considering that they won it couple of times to flop badly then.

• Giani said before the season that they learned their lesson from previous years that it is hard to combine both VNL and the other event the same year, so they'll take VNL lightly this time and start with younger players the whole event. It's still weird considering that they have no OQTs, but I think France can still make it. Regardless, they may be the biggest favorites during the ECH, and flopping at the VNL may be helpful considering that they won it couple of times to flop badly then.

well that makes sense but no one can guarantee flopping at VNL first will make a great ECH after. My take is that France is bad right now, not because they want to save their peak performance for ECH but simply play bad. Argentine also use some younger players too and they play much better than France. I guess we should wait until ECH to find out the outcome. To me, Italy and Poland will be the two biggest favorities during ECH.

• so they'll take VNL lightly this time and start with younger players the whole event.

So he put Tille as starter in all matches they played so far? lol

They are already playing with their A team just without Ngapeth this week, and poor Faure is not even in the roster when they’re playing at home. Giani was just lying lol

• I hope they will lose. I have nothing against them, but that FIVB social media strategy is ridiculous. I know that this is the opportunity to make volleyball more popular, but they completely forgot about the other teams and players. It is all about Ishikawa, Nishida and Japan. :down:

When they post other teams and players, they don't get more repost or comments. Like I said before, if you want to boost your beloved team(s) or player(s), you should get involved. Not just complain about why does FIVB keeps posting Ishikawa, Nishida and Japan.

Me personally like Meisam Salehi, so I repost his pictures and FIVB posts here and on my social medias too. I will let FIVB know that posting Meisam Salehi will get more engagements. So that will motivate them to post more!

• There is an important match between Poland vs USA this week in VNL. Volleyball World just published the full semi-final match Poland vs USA in VNL 2022. The vibe is heating up. But I don't think Poland can beat USA in the coming game due to their poor performance in this week.

• When they post other teams and players, they don't get more repost or comments. Like I said before, if you want to boost your beloved team(s) or player(s), you should get involved. Not just complain about why does FIVB keeps posting Ishikawa, Nishida and Japan.

Me personally like Meisam Salehi, so I repost his pictures and FIVB posts here and on my social medias too. I will let FIVB know that posting Meisam Salehi will get more engagements. So that will motivate them to post more!

lol

they represent all volleyball federations, they took FİVB social media accounts, it is not a personal account. Regardless, everyone should be equal on this account. If they are going to do this, they should not run Fivb's social media accounts, they should open their own accounts.

Also, why do you always reply to every criticism made in this direction? Or are you the Volleyball World admin?

• lol

they represent all volleyball federations, they took FİVB social media accounts, it is not a personal account. Regardless, everyone should be equal on this account. If they are going to do this, they should not run Fivb's social media accounts, they should open their own accounts.

Also, why do you always reply to every criticism made in this direction? Or are you the Volleyball World admin?

In fact, NO. That will be a terrible mistake! No social media manager will do this.

Volleyball World is not FIVB. That means they don't have to promote each federation eaqually. It's very stupid to think that. So now Volleyball World needs to promote volleyball teams from countries like Laos, Cambodia? Why Volleyball World wants to promte contents that no one even LIKE, COMMENTS, SHARE and REPOST. If you have low engagement, you will be demoted or axed by social platfom algorithm.

On the other hand, you can find news to promote volleyball in countries like Kenya, Maldives, Nepal on FIVB.com.

If you contents has high engagement such as LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE and REPOST, social platfom algorithm will push your account to more people.

Are you new to the social media world? You need to feed the algorithm, otherwise your account will be demoted. Volleyball World is competing with lots of great content creators in YouTube, Instagram, TikTok (Stupid platform) and Twitter. You need to win the algorithm. It's not easy to survive in social media world. Volleyball World gains lots of followers in the past few years that has proven what they have beed doing is correct.

Again, next time if you want your beloved team(s) or player(s) to be boosted, LIKE, COMMENT, SHARE and REPOST, feed the algorithm.

Why do I always reply to this kind of criticism? Because I don't like people blame their failure on other people especailly when other people have done a very great job.

I'm not an admin of Volleyball World or has nothing to do with them. I am also a content creator myself, I know how hard to push your content to be seen. If those people who complain that Volleyball World only pushes Ishikawa, Nishida and Japan to manage the accounts of Volleyball World. Volleyball World accounts will be dead in a year!

• well that makes sense but no one can guarantee flopping at VNL first will make a great ECH after. My take is that France is bad right now, not because they want to save their peak performance for ECH but simply play bad. Argentine also use some younger players too and they play much better than France. I guess we should wait until ECH to find out the outcome. To me, Italy and Poland will be the two biggest favorities during ECH.

It's still early, Poland had better B roster, Japan A roster is better as well, Slovenia with all starters but Stern is also better. Only losing to Argentina at this point was actually an upset, but they played like 5-6th game this season while for Brizard, Boyer, Patry, Chinenyeze, Clevenot, Grebennikov it was a debut.

But it's still possible they'll figure it out and make it to the finals, and then with Ngapeth obviously France would be one of the favorites, I'm just saying for France the main event is ECH this year.

Before VNL, I wished I'd see this interesting core of players with Lawani, Henno, Pothron, Paes - the first one is injured, Henno and Pothron played as subs, that's my bigger disappointment than them actually losing.

• Volleyball World is not FIVB.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

they represent FİVB on social media platforms, that's the point. ı said it before all volleyball world accounts were FIVB's account before. they changed their names. Go and read their website.

They should share about all the teams playing VNL. When Japan wins, they share 8-10 posts when other teams win, maybe 1-2 post. They are not a fan page.

I don't have time to read and reply rest of this long article lol