Nation League Man 2023

• how come someone as short as Recine has such weak reception ?

Man, you are the same height as liberos.

the same as Yu Yuan-tai

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• I must say that I've never seen Fefè as angry as the last couple of matches, against Argentina especially. The thing is that just like the women's team, as soon as the starters rest the level of play simply crumble. I agree with your comments about Recine too, he's so involute comparing to just a couple of season ago, but the whole OHs unit struggled way too much in these two matches.

• I must say that I've never seen Fefè as angry as the last couple of matches, against Argentina especially. The thing is that just like the women's team, as soon as the starters rest the level of play simply crumble. I agree with your comments about Recine too, he's so involute comparing to just a couple of season ago, but the whole OHs unit struggled way too much in these two matches.

I think that Fefè was this angry bc you con lose against USA and Argentina with their full lineup, but showing some signs of hard play and defense… not this.
    These young guys deserve to play, they won it all at junior level, but they cannot throw away opportunities like that. Mosca was literally hit by a short ball yesterday, Sanguinetti lacks awareness on every ball he has to pick up, these are the things that made De Giorgi furious.

• Japan is the funniest team to watch in today’s volleyball. The hype is justified and not only linked to Haikyuu.

• Weber has been the focus of German NT since 2017. After 7 years, nothing has improved. No technique while attacking. Dreadful defense and second touch. What a waste of his athleticism :wall:

Krick has also been one of the talents in German NT for 7 years. He was the starting MB for Modena at the beginning of last season, but later became the 4th MB in the team. He is now good at nothing but tik tok :wall:

Last but not leaset, Germany should fire Winiarski. He was a good athlete, but not a good coach.

• Weber has been the focus of German NT since 2017. After 7 years, nothing has improved. No technique while attacking. Dreadful defense and second touch. What a waste of his athleticism :wall:

Krick has also been one of the talents in German NT for 7 years. He was the starting MB for Modena at the beginning of last season, but later became the 4th MB in the team. He is now good at nothing but tik tok :wall:

Last but not leaset, Germany should fire Winiarski. He was a good athlete, but not a good coach.

Meanwhile Brehme seems a REALLY good player.

• Meanwhile Brehme seems a REALLY good player.

He is much more motivated. Missed VNL last year due to injury. Good performance during the club season. Moving to Modena next season. Hope he won't end up like Krick.

He still need to improve blocking. Often late to the side to close the block, or being tricked and blocking nothing.

• I think that the cuban setter (Taboada?) could not play even in A2… Only the size saves him, he is a mess with his hands.

• I tend to root for and really enjoy watching short, talented players so I was excited to see him but after some time, I have noticed that he can’t do anything good. As a short OH, you are already overlooked, you have to be at your best almost all the time and you cannot not be good at defense and receiving.

Recine was solid a year ago after he played as a starter in Piacenza, he outplayed Rossard in that season and Italy was playing actually very well at the beginning of last year's VNL with him as a starter - this year he was benched and had disastrous season, I'm surprised De Giorgi gave him so much playing time, Bottolo was much better as a reserve player this season.

• Recine was solid a year ago after he played as a starter in Piacenza, he outplayed Rossard in that season and Italy was playing actually very well at the beginning of last year's VNL with him as a starter - this year he was benched and had disastrous season, I'm surprised De Giorgi gave him so much playing time, Bottolo was much better as a reserve player this season.

well, at least Bottolo started today against Cuba. I am not convinced about Bottolo either, he is too inconsistent. Both Bottolo and Recine did not imrpove in my opinion. I still remember the time when I first watched both and thought to myself what a team Italy would be with that kind of OHs. Anyway, they still could be an asset to the team when the big guns join, albeit it doesn’t change the fact that I am disappointed with their individual development.

• well, at least Bottolo started today against Cuba. I am not convinced about Bottolo either, he is too inconsistent. Both Bottolo and Recine did not imrpove in my opinion. I still remember the time when I first watched both and thought to myself what a team Italy would be with that kind of OHs. Anyway, they still could be an asset to the team when the big guns join, albeit it doesn’t change the fact that I am disappointed with their individual development.

I can agree on that, although none of them was actually a real real talent: Bottolo was a complete no-name as a junior and Recine was decent, but always (too) short.

My biggest disappointment is actually Rinaldi since he was MVP of WCH U19 and got several other awards and yet he's still no alternative for Lavia in NT, and Gardini, who had decent end of the season in Padova, but he stagnated in his development few years ago.

Italy has decent core of OHs in 04-05 generation (Porro, Orioli, Magliano, Bristot), the first one looks like a real deal, but they're 18-19, so it's definitely not for this Olympic cycle.

• I can agree on that, although none of them was actually a real real talent: Bottolo was a complete no-name as a junior and Recine was decent, but always (too) short.

My biggest disappointment is actually Rinaldi since he was MVP of WCH U19 and got several other awards and yet he's still no alternative for Lavia in NT, and Gardini, who had decent end of the season in Padova, but he stagnated in his development few years ago.

Italy has decent core of OHs in 04-05 generation (Porro, Orioli, Magliano, Bristot), the first one looks like a real deal, but they're 18-19, so it's definitely not for this Olympic cycle.

by stagnated, you mean he went to USA ?

• in Set 1, China's 25 points: 8s, 8b, 3s and 6 oppo error...

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• So far, the team seems to do well in set1 or set2...then it goes downhill...with the exception of one match, the 5 set win against Bulgaria. It was the same last year..with just one good win against Brazil, then running out of steam... :(

Chinese: 我真的害怕中国男排被世界男排排坛抛弃。

Translation: I am really afraid that Chinese men's volleyball team will be abandoned by the world's men's volleyball industry.

Jiang Chuan is older and older. Whether Zhang Jing-yin could leave Zhejiang VC next season is still unknown. Peng Shi-kun will return Sichuan due to Sichuan's lack of players and so on...

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu