Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• She's transferring

With Watanabe out she can transfer to Hitachi

How about Watanabe, is she retiring or transferring? I'm not good in interpreting these announcements :lol:

so far we have some key Middle Blockers (or at least with decent playing time) leaving their teams:

• Kyoko Aoyagi
    • Aya Watanabe
    • Kotomi Osaki
    • Asuka Hamamatsu
  • Miyashita has been linked to soccer/football midfielder Yojiro Takahagi who she's been allegedly dating since 2020. He's wealthy, played for Japan's soccer national team and is still active. They might be getting married soon. Takahagi is in his mid-30s, Haruka is almost 30 so as old as Zhu Ting.

• Haruka struggled a lot post-Rio and she never quite made a full blown comeback in the NT. Sadly she has hit her prime. Tashiro is way older like 32 I think and is doing great in Turkey.

They've done their fair share for the NT they can now do whatever they like.

• Haruka struggled a lot post-Rio and she never quite made a full blown comeback in the NT. Sadly she has hit her prime. Tashiro is way older like 32 I think and is doing great in Turkey.

They've done their fair share for the NT they can now do whatever they like.

Koyomi Iwasaki is in her late 30s (1989) she seems to be in the best shape of her life. I just hope she avoids bending backwards too much so she doesn't suffer what Miya Sato went through

• Whoever that is needs to stick to trolling the russian thread

Not everyone can be Naz or Maja or that snowflake who took a whole season's hiatus and then returning to do nothing and then come back to the NT as if she's improved tenfold worry about that flop she's Japanese too end this with a retarded laughing emoji

• Aranmare should get one of these mbs preferably Watanabe or Aoyagi: older figure - more experienced - aggressive - and more importantly goal oriented

Hammy will probably fit best at Toray but she might choose a stronger team like Ageo.

Toray needs to get very serious in picking whoever they add because no one left in that team has any backbone and they don't have an ace which is unacceptable for a team like that. PFU is in the same boat since Valdes will be eligible for NT selection probably by next year. They gotta make her look capable by adding a strong middle and even stronger liberos.

• Not Miyashita retiring oh my god I thought we were done with these news. That clown Kawamura or whatever is staying at Okayama whyyyy they should be the first to get a new coach :aww:

• Aranmare should get one of these mbs preferably Watanabe or Aoyagi: older figure - more experienced - aggressive - and more importantly goal oriented

Hammy will probably fit best at Toray but she might choose a stronger team like Ageo.

Toray needs to get very serious in picking whoever they add because no one left in that team has any backbone and they don't have an ace which is unacceptable for a team like that. PFU is in the same boat since Valdes will be eligible for NT selection probably by next year. They gotta make her look capable by adding a strong middle and even stronger liberos.

Watanabe is standing on business. She for sure has her eyes set on joining one of the top 3 teams so she can stay in the NT longer

Did no one at Denso retire? wow

• Not Miyashita retiring oh my god I thought we were done with these news. That clown Kawamura or whatever is staying at Okayama whyyyy they should be the first to get a new coach :aww:

I can't see her transferring since she's Okayama's poster girl and she will forever be associated with that team whether she likes it or not. So the way I see it either she rots in Okayama and continue playing until she's 50 and retire when nobody knows her anymore or retire during this Olympic cycle and still be remembered as one of the most promising setters that came from the current NT coach. There's no way Okayama is climbing top 5 any time soon

• I can't see her transferring since she's Okayama's poster girl and she will forever be associated with that team whether she likes it or not. So the way I see it either she rots in Okayama and continue playing until she's 50 and retire when nobody knows her anymore or retire during this Olympic cycle and still be remembered as one of the most promising setters that came from the current NT coach. There's no way Okayama is climbing top 5 any time soon

Nishimura retired from active duty and came back as the best new libero at Saga. Miyashita could've made that slip too. Momii is leaving JT. Miyashita could've gone there JS

• Nishimura retired from active duty and came back as the best new libero at Saga. Miyashita could've made that slip too. Momii is leaving JT. Miyashita could've gone there JS

That's different because Nishimura is the same age as Mayu she's just starting. Miyashita already had several failed attempts in the NT first by Nakada and then Manabe the very coach that propelled her to the heights of Hinotori. She definitely would've stayed on his good side even after all this time but that didn't work out and we don't know why. However I believe a huge part of this decision is not being able to push herself any further coming from someone who back in her hayday had extreme ideals after being paired with Japan's best female OH in history.