Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2024/2025)

• Coach Stevan Ljubicic to Zeren Spor

(voleybolunsesi)

I don't like him, mediocre at best. Though i'm not aware of their budget and alternatives.

• I don't get why they are signing a mediocre foreign coach while they can get good local ones like Ataman guneyligil, Dehrican🙄🤦

• Uzelac + Brankica does not make sense, but I guess they can use Brankica as opposite/OH sub.

Zerenspor should go for Gamze Alikaya as setter. Not that I like her setting but she is experienced and is local. They just need a fine bench setter in case she goes weird.

I read that Göztepe is also buying a team's rights (most likely Sariyer) and Ataman will be their head coach. With that, Zerenspor's only option was Dehrican as a local coach but he seems unofficially banned by the TVF.

• Btw Vakif fans should stop complaining about 3+1 foreigner rule. We predicted some years ago that with Giovanni being such a a-hole to every national player, banning them from the roster despite their good performances would have an effect in the future. Now we see that most locals avoid Vakifbank and they are struggling to build a strong local core. Their last hope was Ilkin and I am glad she did not go that way and I am sure she is not regretting it, watching how Vakifbank turned out this season.

Not that he only had personal problems with a lot of good players but also he is having troubles to motivate his own players. Zehra and Cansu looked really bad this whole season compared to how they performed with Santarelli during last summer. So in simple terms, Vakifbank is suffering from Guidetti who suffers from his bad history with current local players. In a few years, I am sure they will attract better players again.

• Btw Vakif fans should stop complaining about 3+1 foreigner rule. We predicted some years ago that with Giovanni being such a a-hole to every national player, banning them from the roster despite their good performances would have an effect in the future. Now we see that most locals avoid Vakifbank and they are struggling to build a strong local core. Their last hope was Ilkin and I am glad she did not go that way and I am sure she is not regretting it, watching how Vakifbank turned out this season.

Not that he only had personal problems with a lot of good players but also he is having troubles to motivate his own players. Zehra and Cansu looked really bad this whole season compared to how they performed with Santarelli during last summer. So in simple terms, Vakifbank is suffering from Guidetti who suffers from his bad history with current local players. In a few years, I am sure they will attract better players again.

That's a good point, the list of players he had a bEef is sooo long. I think only way out for Vakıf is to promote their youngsters to A team at an early age like they did with Zehra. Begüm kaçmaz should be loaned to a sultanlar ligi team.

• Uzelac + Brankica does not make sense, but I guess they can use Brankica as opposite/OH sub.

Zerenspor should go for Gamze Alikaya as setter. Not that I like her setting but she is experienced and is local. They just need a fine bench setter in case she goes weird.

I read that Göztepe is also buying a team's rights (most likely Sariyer) and Ataman will be their head coach. With that, Zerenspor's only option was Dehrican as a local coach but he seems unofficially banned by the TVF.

Have we ever heard the details of the ban of Dehrican. I remember he allegedly physically pushed a middle blocker in his team and since then he is the scapegoat. Don't know if it is an unfair witch-hunt or he is really an asshole🤔

• Vakif is living the same disadvantage Eczacibasi and Fener had for years.

Fener signed Asli and Gizem. And later Vargas became a turkish player. Those 3 alone are the best pool of local players even taking Eda and Meliha out of the count.

Eczacibasi signed Elif and got back Naz. Jack was naturalized. And Simge is now back to her top shape and performance. They could even lose Yasemin without being affected that much...

• Vakif is living the same disadvantage Eczacibasi and Fener had for years.

Fener signed Asli and Gizem. And later Vargas became a turkish player. Those 3 alone are the best pool of local players even taking Eda and Meliha out of the count.

Eczacibasi signed Elif and got back Naz. Jack was naturalized. And Simge is now back to her top shape and performance. They could even lose Yasemin without being affected that much...

And they deserve it. Alexia is naturalized too in Vakifbank but she was being useless this season. In her season at GS, she was the best scorer of the league and had most aces after Arina (she had 63 aces, Arina had 71 and they had the same number of serves). Not sure what Giovanni did to her, but he has a good reputation of killing some player's confidence and Alexia being only 19 made things probably worse.

With Cansu, Zehra and Ayca, Vakif did not have a terrible local roster either. They just needed 1 more who could be in starting 6, like Ilkin. Alexia could be one, but not in her current shape. Derya could be one too, but instead he preferred to loan her. Eczacibasi has been investing on Hande for 5-6 years, I am glad they are picking some fruits of that investment now. And Fenerbahce did some smart choices, such as transferring Asli as soon as they needed her.

Ops, also forgot Ebrar in Vakifbank. They could simply invest on her, either as opposite or OH. But Giovanni did Giovanni things :wavy:

• I agree, Guidetti reaping what he sow. I dont feel sorry for Vakıfbank

• They're also kind of the ones to blame for their opposite crisis. They traded Haak for Egonu even though Vakifbank was winning everything with Bella. Then they were very quick to give up on Egonu too and would only renew with her if she agreed to cut her salary in half (obviously she didn't).

• They're also kind of the ones to blame for their opposite crisis. They traded Haak for Egonu even though Vakifbank was winning everything with Bella. Then they were very quick to give up on Egonu too and would only renew with her if she agreed to cut her salary in half (obviously she didn't).

Absolutely agree! Vakifbank were too greedy to give up Haak for Egonu in the first place. Then when Erronu showed up in the first half of the season (expectedly), they were already impatient on her and tried to look for another one. They simply forgot the FACT that there are literally only 4 Opps on that level, and also very expectedly, they can’t sign the remaining two after giving up the two they had.

If they were not that greedy in the first place, I believe Haak would be very willing to stay in Vakifbank for most, if not the whole, of her career. But instead she will probably in one of Vakifbank’s strongest rival’s team for the rest of her career:whistle:

• I think VB and Gio got a bit cocky after constantly winning everything for many seasons and while rotating a lot of players 🤡😂 Karma hits them now.

• Ops, also forgot Ebrar in Vakifbank. They could simply invest on her, either as opposite or OH. But Giovanni did Giovanni things :wavy:

This was the most strange move from VB ever. She was great as OH. Its was not good move to benched her for Michelle. Was by far the best and most promising turkish OH these years. I never understood why they gave up on her.