Japan Women's NT 2024

• Is this his first time in the NT or was he already in the NT prior to this year?

It’s his first time in the NT list but he played in the Red vs White match of the NT in 2022 as a trainee. I remember he joined the team A in their Team A vs Team B red vs white and played better than the other NT players 😅 He is not yet Japanese that time.

• I assume that the ones going through naturalization will have to start off as JVA Trainees but not registered under the official wide roster(?) or I don't know how that works exactly since this is the first time for the women's team but I can imagine that with them getting acknowledged they have a higher chance to be called by the next cycle once they've officially naturalized.

I agree that Valdes may have a tougher time breaking through if she stays in PFU. That's like if Vargas played in PTT Ankara or the other Ankara whichever of the 2 is worse lol. No one's going to take her seriously.

Valdes aside, for now I wanna see them try Wada on the right. Her only competition would be Hayashi but if they use those 2 alternatively it's still a win-win situation depending on who they fight.

• I assume that the ones going through naturalization will have to start off as JVA Trainees but not registered under the official wide roster(?) or I don't know how that works exactly since this is the first time for the women's team but I can imagine that with them getting acknowledged they have a higher chance to be called by the next cycle once they've officially naturalized.

This is also what I understand. In Valdes' case, since she did not play in another country's Senior NT, she can immediately play for Japan when she gets her citizenship. Say, she gets naturalized next month, then she can immediately play in the next tournament. It makes sense that she is training with them already.

It's a different case for Jaja since she played for the Philippine NT, and rule says there needs to be a 2 year residency after naturalization just like what Vargas had recently for players from other NT. Vargas was naturalized 2021 but had to wait until 2023 to play.

This is both assuming they are still under the old FIVB ruling and not the revised one. She can’t play at all if following the new rule.

• This is also what I understand. In Valdes' case, since she did not play in another country's Senior NT, she can immediately play for Japan when she gets her citizenship. Say, she gets naturalized next month, then she can immediately play in the next tournament. It makes sense that she is training with them already.

It's a different case for Jaja since she played for the Philippine NT, and rule says there needs to be a 2 year residency after naturalization just like what Vargas had recently for players from other NT. Vargas was naturalized 2021 but had to wait until 2023 to play.

This is both assuming they are still under the old FIVB ruling and not the revised one. She can’t play at all if following the new rule.

I think Santiago's process should be a lot faster since she's married to a Japanese citizen

• I agree that Valdes may have a tougher time breaking through if she stays in PFU. That's like if Vargas played in PTT Ankara or the other Ankara whichever of the 2 is worse lol. No one's going to take her seriously.

1000% agree she needs to get out of there asap before the next NT turnover. It's possible she'll only be there until she's naturalized since they did help her with her papers and can finally transfer once she's officially eligible for NT selection

• Alain De Armas, the naturalized player in the Men's side shared his journey on this article. He said he only applied June last year, but already got the result February this year. He mentioned submitting a lot of documents and passing a certain level of language proficiency.

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/861020

"a lot of documents" is possibly code for top team privilege.

If anyone knows Nick Fazekas former NBA he also got his citizenship within months in 2018 he's with Brave Thunders in B League one of the strongest teams until now. Achievements with the local club are also very likely taken into consideration especially if that athlete leads the team, has won championship with that team or is crowned MVP in a national tournament and would therefore be a big help in the national team. Fazekas is still active in the men's basketball team that represents Japan.

• "a lot of documents" is possibly code for top team privilege.

If anyone knows Nick Fazekas former NBA he also got his citizenship within months in 2018 he's with Brave Thunders in B League one of the strongest teams until now. Achievements with the local club are also very likely taken into consideration especially if that athlete leads the team, has won championship with that team or is crowned MVP in a national tournament and would therefore be a big help in the national team. Fazekas is still active in the men's basketball team that represents Japan.

All the more reason for Valdes to leave PFU asap. Uemura can take over

Ebata no longer had any chance in the NT once she went to PFU meanwhile other players despite getting injured multiple times still make the NT at least once before they retire. Ebata never got that chance again.

• I don't know what her kanji is since google trans translates it as beniho hanaho but the kanji in the direct translation is kono kapo

Her name is Kaho Kono in the stat sheets of U16 Asian Championship. She won Best MB there.

From what I remember in the tournament, she's just tall :lol: Their ace OH Yuzuki Baba played as MB in some sets at U16 and OH in some (plays MB at Kinrankai), and I think she is even better as an MB over Kono. She is still young though, and I hope she still improves. We'll know when she enters High School (currently Junior HS) and play with other teams.

Stat sheet of the U16 Finals vs China (see page 8):

https://asianvolleyball.net/ne…TIN-NO-8-U16-HANGZHOU.pdf

• I don't know what her kanji is since google trans translates it as beniho hanaho but the kanji in the direct translation is kono kapo

We went with Kaho Kono. She won Best MB at the U16 Asians but my recollection is that the other MB was better. She certainly was no wowzer

• Now I remember we were saying the shorter MB Mizokami should've gotten the Best MB :lol:

oh yeah, I couldn't remember her name. I wanted to have a look at one of the matches but don't have any on my HD. I can't remember where we watched them, but I should at least have procured the FINAL for posterity :/

• At least the younger gen has taller options now starting with Akimoto who is almost 190cm with super long arms. Chunganji and Baba are both 180. Miina Inoue is 2006er only 2 years older and is also at 180. And this I hate Volleyball Nabeya lookalike

Provided they all develop well