Serbian Women's NT 2024

• This generation has some very good players but they are so weak as a team. Main problem imo is setter and whole defense, so easy balls are falling besides them and nobody reacts. Attack is based on high ball and hopes that attackers will show their individual quality, setter is non factor.

They don’t work together which was obvious last year and still persistent this year even with new coach. No same energy like 03/04 and 05/06 generations had.

I don’t know how we won against Czechia in the end but I think Netherlands is gonna be really hard to beat

• Manifesting helped, it was a 3-2 :cheesy: I think both teams played better today than previous matches, Dutchies were very dominating at the net with 18 block in total (7 from Evers!), and fought like a team. Serbia's defense was better than what I saw yesterday! I focused on the setter after your messages and today I noticed her technique is not great. But thanks to NL they still managed to win 2 sets, because in set 3 our girls made 14 (FOURTEEN) errors :hit:Luckily they recovered in set 4 to make it 2-2 and finally 3-2 :heart:

Iirc only the 'worst' no. 2 will not qualify, and looks like Serbia already has a better set quotient (1,6) than Lithuania (1,5) so they should be qualified as well :drink:

• Manifesting helped, it was a 3-2 :cheesy: I think both teams played better today than previous matches, Dutchies were very dominating at the net with 18 block in total (7 from Evers!), and fought like a team. Serbia's defense was better than what I saw yesterday! I focused on the setter after your messages and today I noticed her technique is not great. But thanks to NL they still managed to win 2 sets, because in set 3 our girls made 14 (FOURTEEN) errors :hit:Luckily they recovered in set 4 to make it 2-2 and finally 3-2 :heart:

Iirc only the 'worst' no. 2 will not qualify, and looks like Serbia already has a better set quotient (1,6) than Lithuania (1,5) so they should be qualified as well :drink:

Yes, we qualified. Federation posted after 3rd set, maybe this is reason why they were catastrophic last two sets. But Netherlands is clearly stronger team, this is our worst generation in recent history.

But I am glad we made it, new coach will now have real preparations before Ech and chance to bring more girls, now she know the team.

• Serbia Nations League full squad :

🏐 Setters: Miljevic, Perovic, Mirkovic, Rankovic

🏐 Setter Crosses: Bjelica, Taubner, Bukilic, Vidacic, Zelenovic

🏐 Spikers: Lazovic, Uzelac, Milenkovic, Mateska, Cvetkovic, Tica, Mijatovic, Ivanovic, Lozo

🏐Middle Players: Cikuc, Sucurovic, Kirov, Malesevic, Kurtagic, Osmajic

🏐Liberos: Gocanin, Medved, Popovic, Jegdic, Pusic, Pakic

https://en.volleyballworld.com…teams/women/6611/players/

• OMG, that’s more youngsters then I could’ve asked for.. I’m so happy bout this :obey::obey::obey:

The only one I’m missing is my girl Punisic.. and Tamara Miljevic deserved it doesn’t matter if she is not really youngster.. Kocic not being there is kinda disrespectful but also Mirosavljevic not being there for second year in a row is a crime.

Miljevic, PEROVIC :cheesy:

Uzelac, Tica, IVANOVIC :sos: MATESKA :heart:

Zelenovic, Taubner as expected, so glad we got it

Kurtagic, OSMAJIC.. that’s all I needed:drink:

It’s nice to see Kirov as well, she is really raw still.. I didn’t believe they would include 18y olds.

Sucurovic deserved as well.

Pakic and Gocanin hopefully will get chance to play this year.

I’m happy almost all players from our league finalist teams are being invited, although I’m not fan of some of them they for sure deserved it, no doubt there.

And boom- Silvija Popovic wants to go to Paris, it’s gonna be a competition :box:

• Yeah, my fan moment aside, I’m glad we are going with full young squad.

I hope we actually get to see some of those players and not just go with

Mirkovic/Bjelica and Lozo/Lazovic all weeks..

Some of those are true future NT starters

Kurtagic/Osmajic are future NT duo 100%, we all know it

Perovic is starting setter in NT in my book after Drca and Maja retire :whistle:

Tica and Ivanovic are NT material, as well as Mateska potentially.

Gocanin (although not my favourite) is probably the best libero in our league this season and she is covering for 2 OHs who are not good passers, she is developing into Pusic type of libero who can cover for players on reception if needes.

Zelenovic and Taubner might not be there yet but they sure have potential.

VNL can be used as prep for Olympics but our girls deserve rest, may Tijana come stronger then ever after some holiday time, like in WCH22:rolll:

It was never logical to put Maja and Drca at their age to go through 2 months of training when they need to rest for Paris.. and without starting setter there is no preparations anyways

• Lazovic, Lozo and Uzelac are mostly in for deciding who is going to be in thw OG roster because as I would think Busa is locked, and maybe out of respect and experience-wise also Mihajlovic. (even though I am not fully agree with this selection)

I hope to see the youngsters playing but also hoping for the above mentioned girls to get used to the pressure against stronger teams.

My only bad feeling is not playing with any MBs who are in the main roster, they are really good but would need to adapt this “Serbian” volleyball scene as well.

• List is kinda unexpected but I am very satisfied.

It's great idea to rest mist of the a team.

There is few names that are missing, Tamara Miljević, Kocic, Mirosavljević and Kockarevic. This is only minus.

And there is few strange names Vidačić, Kirov, mateska, Malesevic, Čikuc, but I doubt they will be called to play, they are just on list.

This team will pull the weight

S: Mirković, Miljević

Oh: Uzelac, Tica, Lozo, Lazović, Milenković

Opp: Bjelica, Taubner and maybe Bukilic later

MB: Kurtagić, Osmajić, Šućurović

L: Jegdić, Gočanin/Pakić

• I'm not sure but wasn't there a team a few years ago who did this and they were disqualified?

• I cannot believe tbh, LoL, totally unexpected but i'm so excited to see of this girls on the big stage. Hope that the best ones from the list will play the most, i will put some longer observation later.

:sos::super::rose::heart:

• Where the fuck is Mirosavljevic?????????

Crime.

• WTF is happening with Serbia again!!! It is a big mistake the fact that they ar enot going to play in VNL. The team will be out of rythme in the Olympic games.

Also Busa should have been in VNL roster for 100%. She is in the worst shape of her life and will be really bad if she will stay without matches for so long.