World Cup 2007

• Ivana Djerisilo won't play :( , but that was expected. However, the surprise is that Anja Spasojevic and Natasa Krsmanovic will miss the WC as well. :shock: They say that they are not in good enough shape and don't feel they can help the team.

Serbian roster:

S:
    Maja Ognjenovic
    Maja Simanic

Out. H:
    Jelena Nikolic
    Brizitka Molnar
    Jovana Vesovic
    Jasna Majstorovic

Opp. H:
    Jovana Brakocevic
    Ivana Nesovic

MB:
    Vesna Citakovic
    Ivana Isailovic
    Stefana Veljkovic

L:
    Suzana Cebic

Again no Sladjana Eric. :roll: Many young and inexperienced players. Let's see how they'll do, but I'm not too optimistic.

• Strange, all this 4 players (Ivana Djerisilo, Anja Spasojevic, Natasa Krsmanovic and Sladjana Eric) are from the same club, Volero Zurich...

I don't understand why these players are not going to the world cup. They said that they went to play in an easier league in order to prepare seriously and help their national team to qualify for the olympics games. This WC is a big chance for them to qualify.

• Quote from "Jo11"

Strange, all this 4 players (Ivana Djerisilo, Anja Spasojevic, Natasa Krsmanovic and Sladjana Eric) are from the same club, Volero Zurich...

I don't understand why these players are not going to the world cup. They said that they went to play in an easier league in order to prepare seriously and help their national team to qualify for the olympics games. This WC is a big chance for them to qualify.

maybe they are preparing for 2012 London Olympic Games :D :D :lol: :lol:

• Polish team for World Cup 2007:

S: Sadurek, Śliwa
    OH: Glinka, Rosner, Kaczorowska, Podolec (opposite?),
    O: Skowrońska
    MB: Liktoras, Dziękiewicz, Bednarek
    L: Zenik, Sawicka

• it seems that all the teams have problem with OHs...
    In the USA team, probably Haneef will play as OPP... I also hope that Sykora is the first libero, she's damn great!

And for Poland, I'm glad to see Sawicka in the roster! I like her work, and she's also veeery nice :D

• why isn't metcalf in the roster?is she injured or something?

• Quote from "LothiePG"

it seems that all the teams have problem with OHs...
    In the USA team, probably Haneef will play as OPP... I also hope that Sykora is the first libero, she's damn great!

And for Poland, I'm glad to see Sawicka in the roster! I like her work, and she's also veeery nice :D

actually i think this is the standard formation for almost all teams, since haneef could also play opposite, glass can be less stable sometimes, so 4 OHs are safe for the usa team:wink2:

same for poland here, glinaka as OH and opposite, poodolec and skowronska can also switch to Hitter position

simply looking at the roster of the polish team, i think poland will be great in WC8)

• Some Statements by Marco Bonitta

Bonitta comments on the match against Brazil:
    I would be arrogant to say : we will win!
    Though the Brazilians won just one match at the last GP-finals, same as we, they will play in another formation at this WC. It will be a pretty strong Team. But i have the hope that we will win against them.

Who is the favourite of this WC:
    Marco B:
    I think that the first ranks will be played out between Brazil, Cuba, the USA, Italy, Serbia and Poland. Also Japan might be part of this group, especially since they play at home.

Magda Sliwa is the 2nd setter. Wouldnt it have been a good opportunity to give a chance to the young Magda Godos?:

Marco B:
    It would have been too hard for her to integrate herself so fastly into the team. But Magda Sliwa is with us the whole time, been training.

With what feelings are you flying to Japan?:
    Marco B:
    Surely we are better prepared than before the European Championship. There we played kinda the first time in this formation. Now we are more experienced.

src: siatka.org (translated by me..)

• Quote from "hugo"

Brazil team for WC. No Jaqueline??

S: Fofão, Fabíola
    Opp: Sheilla, Joyce
    OH: Paula, Natália, Sassá
    MB: Walewska, Fabiana, Thaísa, Gattaz
    L: Fabi

It seems that they don't convoked her because she's not in shape 8)

• I don't think Jaque's problem is being not in shape. The only thing she did after being caught in the anti-dopping exam was training. The problem is that she's not used to playing with the other girls. Cause the players who were allowed to play practised together. For me, this is the only problem as regards Jaqueline's coming back to Brazil's Team.

• Japan’s World Cup 12 is: Megumi Kurihara (wing spiker), Kana Oyama (wing spiker), Yoshie Takeshita (setter), Miyuki Takahashi (wing spiker), Asako Tajimi (middle blocker), Sachiko Sugiyama (middle blocker), Erika Araki (middle blocker), Saori Kimura (wing spiker/setter), Yuki Kawai (setter), Kanako Omura (middle blocker), Yuko Sano (libero), Yuki Shoji (middle blocker).

• Quote from "Matthias"

Japan’s World Cup 12 is: Megumi Kurihara (wing spiker), Kana Oyama (wing spiker), Yoshie Takeshita (setter), Miyuki Takahashi (wing spiker), Asako Tajimi (middle blocker), Sachiko Sugiyama (middle blocker), Erika Araki (middle blocker), Saori Kimura (wing spiker/setter), Yuki Kawai (setter), Kanako Omura (middle blocker), Yuko Sano (libero), Yuki Shoji (middle blocker).

5 MBs :shock: :shock: :shock:

Kimura = setter :shock: :shock: :shock:

Could someone explain??? How are they going to play???

• Really strange if Saori goes being setter....but I guess it won't....

I think Jaque IS going to play at the world Cup!!!!!!She traveled to Japan....actually 13 players traveled.....but I heard...that she is even on the starting six team!!!!And that Gattaz will be cut!

the team that will start is problably:
    Fofão - Sheilla
    Walewska - Fabiana
    Jaque - Paula
    Fabi (L)

• Quote from "joanamss"

I think Jaque IS going to play at the world Cup!!!!!!She traveled to Japan....actually 13 players traveled.....but I heard...that she is even on the starting six team!!!!And that Gattaz will be cut!

Espero que Deus te ouça :D

Also heard that, but who knows? I hope it's true, even though I heard rumours that she won't take part too :P

• Today in the newspaper it was written that Jaqueline will be one of the starting-six players of Brazil's Team. The reason for the coach not having dropped the 13th player yet, according to this report, was that the coaches are marvelled with the performance of the 4 middle-blockers, so they don't know which middle-blocker to dismiss.

• Saori played as a setter in some invitation matches last year. I don't think it will be actualized in this level of tournaments.

Quote from "samba player"

5 MBs :shock: :shock: :shock:

Kimura = setter :shock: :shock: :shock:

Could someone explain??? How are they going to play???