Montreux Volley Masters - 2016 | 5 | 31

• I will never understand why people just tend to disapprove Brazilian players behavior.
    Maybe some people here just can't understand that the world is made of different cultures, which lead to different behaviors and different celebrations, different ways of speaking to each other and different ways of putting out their emotions.
    I didn't see any disrespect coming from the team. But for some people, it is okay that Gamova, Goncharova, Akman and other European players scream and have bad attitude sometimes...

• I am totally fine with the Brazilian U23 team... no complaint for the team's attitude, behavior, etc.. still quite normal.

Btw IMO the TUR team is a bit lucky to advance into SF, was benefited by the Chinese team experimented on the lesser line-up... and on the detriment of the other two teams in Pool A.

It's rather weird that CHN already did the experiment in the match #2 even before it secured the berth to SF.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• As for Serbian squad, I don't even know what Djerisilo is doing there and what Terzic expects from her. She's done as a player and she herself is aware of that. Sokolova was pretty useful when she was at Djerisilo's age at least :whistle:

And I don't think I have seen nasty gestures of Goncharova lately, nevertheless, if you want to talk about her past, yes she used to make a lot of dirty gestures on the court and I disliked it a lot as well. To me it's quite surprising seeing people still complaining about Brazilians behavior, it sounds like some of you got to see them for the first time. Once you are used to it, you will be fine. What was her name, there's a really annoying player in Brazil's A team (wearing #5), as long as they don't act like her, it's okay.

Stoltenborg - Definitely a disaster. I even doubt if Giovanni wants to take her as 2nd setter to Rio, because she's an alive bomb which means she could make setting mistakes in critical moments when she's given a chance to play.

• Herbots...what a potential .... both in reception and in attack....

She was born september 1999...so, only 16 years old....

Belgium has a potential world-class player in its roster... :super: :super:

• Yeah, what a player! I really hope she keeps playing as starter. If she plays this well we won't see Vandesteene anymore I presume.

• As for Serbian squad, I don't even know what Djerisilo is doing there and what Terzic expects from her. She's done as a player and she herself is aware of that. Sokolova was pretty useful when she was at Djerisilo's age at least :whistle:

And I don't think I have seen nasty gestures of Goncharova lately, nevertheless, if you want to talk about her past, yes she used to make a lot of dirty gestures on the court and I disliked it a lot as well. To me it's quite surprising seeing people still complaining about Brazilians behavior, it sounds like some of you got to see them for the first time. Once you are used to it, you will be fine. What was her name, there's a really annoying player in Brazil's A team (wearing #5), as long as they don't act like her, it's okay.

Stoltenborg - Definitely a disaster. I even doubt if Giovanni wants to take her as 2nd setter to Rio, because she's an alive bomb which means she could make setting mistakes in critical moments when she's given a chance to play.

Well I also dislike Adenizia (wearing #5 as you say) but I can tell you she is not doing anything disrespectful. She celebrates in her own way, maybe over the top for most of us, running through the court, screaming to the fans.. but she doesn't do anything wrong to the opposition. Yes she can sometimes provoke them, but she usually answers to those provoking her. I mean even the most calm players can sometimes provoke.. Remember Larson screaming at Ninkovic for no reason? Freya Albrecht also celebrates similar to Adenizia and I don't see a problem with that.

• Well I also dislike Adenizia (wearing #5 as you say) but I can tell you she is not doing anything disrespectful. She celebrates in her own way, maybe over the top for most of us, running through the court, screaming to the fans.. but she doesn't do anything wrong to the opposition. Yes she can sometimes provoke them, but she usually answers to those provoking her. I mean even the most calm players can sometimes provoke.. Remember Larson screaming at Ninkovic for no reason? Freya Albrecht also celebrates similar to Adenizia and I don't see a problem with that.

To be honest, I can't stand the way of celebrating of Aelbrecht...the same for Dijkema and Schoot....Brinker... :thumbdown:

The court is for performing by scoring points...not for performing like actors on stage

• I really like the belgian team, they enjoy every minute of play. I hope Van de Vyver manages to find continuity in her play, she is very talented.
    Herbots, what a surprise, first time ever I see her!

• I wonder how long Mirkovic spent to get her hair done :rolleyes: Her sets to Popovic are painful to watch...

• I really like the belgian team, they enjoy every minute of play. I hope Van de Vyver manages to find continuity in her play, she is very talented.
    Herbots, what a surprise, first time ever I see her!

I don't know how good Van de Vyver played in Slovenian league, but I think she tends to get extraordinarily nervous when she plays in NT. She has good abilities and does her job very well, the problem she needs to face is that how to control the nervousness. Dirickx won't be there forever, so soon (or already has come...) her time will come.

• I don't know how good Van de Vyver played in Slovenian league, but I think she tends to get extraordinarily nervous when she plays in NT. She has good abilities and does her job very well, the problem she needs to face is that how to control the nervousness. Dirickx won't be there forever, so soon (or already has come...) her time will come.

Van de Vyver has both the potential and the right environment where to develop and overcome her nervousness. The girls are all friends so it should be easier for her, she's smart and fast, she just needs to gain experience!

• I truly hope that Terzić won't bring Djersilo and Molnar to Rio - they're disastrous. I'd take Mihajlović, Malesević, Nikolić and Malagurski as OH.

• I agree with you.

But I think Terzic is only giving Malagurski this chance to play so nobody can say he didn`t. I feel like he will make a mistake in taking Djersillo and Bravocevic to the OG>

I still dont think Bracocevic will or would be fine in sitting on the bench for Boskovic. And Djersillo wants to go but only to be a starter, And this will cause drama in the locker room for Serbia.

I truly hope that Terzić won't bring Djersilo and Molnar to Rio - they're disastrous. I'd take Mihajlović, Malesević, Nikolić and Malagurski as OH.

• I don't agree with most comments here. Malagurski is such a predictable player with not many variations in attacking. She uses her power and hits inside the block almost everytime. Until she learns to drop the ball and hit with different angles, I don't see her as an alternative OPP for Serbian NT. Brakocevic on the other hand both uses power and has a big variety in attacking.
    However I think Malagurski can work as a sub OH replacing Molnar & Djerisilo.

• Malagurski has not only been hitting hard, she has been droping and tiping over a lot of balls, just watch the match vs NED and you will see. She even made a beautiful point at the end of the 4th set when she was at the back room and would give a free ball, instead she attacked gently in the middle of the dutch court and Plak got the ball under her hands..

R u saying Molnar and Djeserilo will be starters at the Olympics???? of course that wont happen, there`s Nikolic and Malesevic still.

I don't agree with most comments here. Malagurski is such a predictable player with not many variations in attacking. She uses her power and hits inside the block almost everytime. Until she learns to drop the ball and hit with different angles, I don't see her as an alternative OPP for Serbian NT. Brakocevic on the other hand both uses power and has a big variety in attacking.
    However I think Malagurski can work as a sub OH replacing Molnar & Djerisilo.

• Sry but i really like Brazil A team, the players seems to be very kind and sympathic but this team in montreux looks very arrogant or they are cool. Look at the faces of Gabi the opposite and their setter sry but you can smile its allowed! I don't know her name the setter naiane is more than arrogant? And Juma is totally the opposite, of course its not against the whole team but some players are totally arrogant.