European Championships 2009 - Turkey

• Congratulations for both teams for the exciting final! And especially for the big champion tonight - Polska :win: I only can imagine what this title means for all Polish fans because if I'm not wrong it is the first one in their history :roll: Congrats also for all palyers who won the individual awards, for all Polish users and actually not only for them but for all real volley fans too - it was a very good ECH :drink:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I had the opportunity to watch both matches (final and bronze medal) live in Izmir. Poland played like at home, they had so many fans and they never stopped cheering, so fantastic!!

Congratulation to all 3 medalist teams and to their amazing fans. They made EC 2009 so unforgettable for us. Thank u all!!

• Turkey is very lucky country for us. First gold medal ECH for our female team and now first gold medal ECH for male team ;)

Big respect to Zagumny for Swiderski's shirt!

congratulations all polısh fans:) most sorrowful part is playing with two finalist team in the same group :down:

• And i have to say one more thing.

Presentation of this ECH by turkish TV was something terrible!

Poles comes for gold medals, they are celebrating and we can see Romain Vadeleux... no comments. And instead players we could see bleachers and fans...

But, Turkey is lucky for us.

• Congratulations, we hope Poland will be lucky for Turkey now :)

• Thank you Turkey - 2003 and 2009 Gold medals ! :obey:

:dance6: :flower: :cup: we want it :))))))))

• Congratulations to the new European champions and all their fans!!! I haven't commented much this ECH because I decided mainly to watch it, but the recent post war kinda made me do so.. I have been commenting the squads of Poland and France before the start of the tournament, mentioning the problems they were facing, but they showed that sometimes a team needs sacrifices so that the players get motivated to do their best even when key figures are missing! The final might be surprising as far as names are concerned, but the play till and in the final showed no surprise.. The reason behind was very simple - both teams have a mixture of youth and experience on the field. But this time this was not enough - they have had something the other two semifinalists have not - mentality of a winner! Now, about the Poles, I have never seen Gruszka playing like this, totally deserved MVP, Kurek showed amazing talent, and, of course, no Polish success without Zagumny could be possible! This is a volleyball nation and I want to congratulate them once more for the long-awaited title! When the whole country is working to have good world-class volleyball - coaches, players, staff, sports government, success will follow one day or another!

Congratulations to France as well! Great spirit, great game against Russia, France played the tournament like Brazil does - starting slowly but rolling on! Losing the main brain Pujol a week before the start of the ECH is a tactics-destructor, but Bazin was fabulous! Great Rouzier, great Samica, in my personal opinion, the only reason why France did not handle the pressure till the end was the weaker bench. This is why maybe only nerves and mental stamina made Poland champions, nothing more than that!

Congratulations to our NT and all the fans supporting the team during the last 2 weeks! I've been following volleyball since 2000 and from then this is the first ECH where I watched Bulgaria on full credit! What I was curious to see was whether coaches like Bagnoli and Prandi can not only made successful tactics to win games easily, but also whether they can turn Russian and Bulgarian NT into winners of big and important games like finals/semifinals... Unfortunately, the answer of onyl the first part of the question is positive, because the players have the genes to get the silver or bronze.. Unlike Russia, whose team still has managed to win tournaments before (like WL back in 2001), we were supposed to play the semifinal like we played the game for the 3rd place.. But I guess we wouldn't win it even if we were playing against Turkey (no offence). Yes, I am happy for the medal, it's been a 14-year draught in ECH for us, but I think we will not manage to win anything in the near future (I hope I am wrong though .. not that I don't believe it :) ). After all, we are used to finish third, it's still a success after so many years of waiting, so congrats to the guys and to all of us keeping fingers crossed for the miracle, we should continue waiting..

• Congratulations to Poland, a TOTALLY deserve win for many reasons: because they played the most spectacular volleyball in some actions, because they really wanted this title and fighted hard for it, because they were a group, because they beated also unluckyness(as Copra did last season in Italian championship) and for other many reasons.

but congratulations also to France, which helped by a not so hard pool but with a team in my opinion much weaker than others have showned that playing with heart sometimes is better than play only thinking to be stronger than your opponent(as Russia....)

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• as always , i was wrong with my prediction hehehe...congraulationts to Poland , France and Bulgaria...about Russia, i think that the way they lost to France in tie-break deeply affected their will to play for the 3rd place...lets remember the last important results Russia achieved: 3rd place in the last 2 world leagues, 3rd in the last 2 Olympic Games hehe

i think is better not to use the ´´давай Россия´´(is it right , superbobo? hehe) for the WECH later in this month :lol:

• About Piotr Gruszka :
    A few years ago he was a big talent of Polish volley. When he was 18 played on Olimpic Games in Atlanta on first six of Poland . In 1996 people told that he could be one of the best player in the world. Unfortunately when he played in Italy and France his coaches change his postition. In National Team he played on attack but in clubs he played in recive and it was a problem because he hadn't got good reception. In Skra Belchatow or on last season he played on recive. Poland before the Championship have problem with Mariusz Wlazly so Castellani gave a chance to Gruszka and it was a great choice.

Piotr Gruszka (1977)( current club: Delecta Bydgoszcz): Previous clubs:e.g AZS Czestochowa, Padwa, Cagliari, Trieste, Tourcoing, Skra Belchatów, AZS Olsztyn, Arkas Izmir

Individual:
    1996- the best attacker of Qualifying competition to Olimpic Games ( he had 18 years)
    2003- the best attacker od European Championship
    2004- the best attacker of World League
    2009- MVP (EECH Turkey)

With National Team:

1996- Junior World Champion (e.g. with Murek, Zagumny, Świderski )
    1997- Junior European Champion
    2006 2nd Place in World Championship in Japan

With Clubs:
    e.g.
    4 times Poland Champion
    2008 3 rd place with Skra on Cev Indesit Champions League
    2009 1 st place Challenge Cup with Arkas Izmir