European Championships 2011

• Hmm... I'm actually a bit dissapointed with the choice for our(Slovenian) NT...
    I think that the young setter Ropret would deserve to be in the team instead of Satler, considering he has been with the team the whole preparations, Satler only joined them a few weeks ago + Satler hasn't played in 2 years!!!!

And I would like to Klemen Čebulj(18years, OH, ACH Volley) in the team, considering he did an amazing job in the EL matches where he played, I think he's better than Planinc...

• and here we go with the german roster:

Setters: Patrick Steuerwald (Warschau/POL), Lukas Kampa (RWE Volleys Bottrop), Simon Tischer (Krasnodar/RUS)

Opposite
    : Jochen Schöps (Odintsovo/RUS), Georg Grozer (Rzeszow/POL)

MB
    : Marcus Böhme (VfB Friedrichshafen), Max Günthör (Generali Haching), Stefan Hübner (evivo Düren)

OH: Björn Andrae (Kemerovo/RUS), Robert Kromm, Marcus
    Popp (Verona/ITA), Sebastian Schwarz (Padua/ITA), Denis Kaliberda
    (Generali Haching)

Liberos: Markus Steuerwald (Paris/FRA), Ferdinand Tille (z.Zt. ohne Verein)

It is not clear yet, whether Simon Tischer can participate. As i wrote earlier on this thread, he still suffers of an elbow inflammation ;(

• aren't they 15? :what: 3 setters, 3 MB, 5 OH, 2 OPP, 2 LIB..

• aren't they 15? :what: 3 setters, 3 MB, 5 OH, 2 OPP, 2 LIB..

One must be out, probably one of setters. Maybe it was announced due to Tischer's health.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Universal means one player can play as opposite and as OH or MB without much difference in performance. F.e Martin Sopko is universal player

The most famous examples to come to my mind in addition are Frantz Granvorka and Angel Dennis.

• Do you know Spiridonov's situation? He wasn't with team on Wagner's Memorial. Alekno didn't want to talk about it. Will he play on ECH?

For repeated violation of discipline and sport mode Alexey Spiridonov is suspended for six months + six months probation, which will be activated if made another similar violation. Suspension applies on Russian Championship and Russian NT. Also he lost all bonuses gained after winning WL this year.

Alekno said Spiridonov won't play for NT as long as he is coach. I wonder what he did :rolll:

• For repeated violation of discipline and sport mode Alexey Spiridonov is suspended for six months + six months probation, which will be activated if made another similar violation. Suspension applies on Russian Championship and Russian NT. Also he lost all bonuses gained after winning WL this year.

Alekno said Spiridonov won't play for NT as long as he is coach. I wonder what he did :rolll:

When Russia NT came back from Wagner's Memorial Spiridonov has came to training after all night party.

Aleksiej Obmochajev is suspended for 2 years. Why?

• Pool A: I think the winner will be Slovenia and I would say Slovenians will make a big surprise on ECh.
    Pool B: Russia for sure. But Czechs would be as well as Slovenians a big surprise.
    Pool C: I think rather Italians. France on second place.
    Pool D: I would say that Poles but it was when I was full of hope about Bartman on Ech :P So now I'll say Bulgarians. I hope Poles on second place :whistle:

Spiridonov suspended due drinking during WL and on preparations for ECH :rolll: :obey:

What a man :aww:

• Belgian roster for ECH:

Setters: Depestele, Kruyner
    MB: Raymaekers, Verhees, Coolman
    OH: Verhanneman, Claes, Klinkenberg, Deroo
    Opposite: Van Walle, Van den Dries
    Libero: Dejonckheere, Blairon

Setter
    Depestele will of course be starting setter. He seems to be in pretty good shape. He's also serving great in recent preparation games.

MB

Raymaekers en Verhees are starting in MB position. This is a big improvement compared to our last EC in 2007 (Verhelst, Van decraen). Surprisingly, Van de Voorde is not in the team. He was cut from the team pretty early in the preparation phase. Coolman (Volley Menen) is his replacement.

OH

This position is our weakest spot.
    Hoho was cut from the team two weeks ago. Seems he's not physically ready.
    I guess Verhanneman and Claes will be starters. Verhanneman was impressive two seasons ago (e.g. CL games against Trentino), but I think he never matched that level last season.
    Claes has a great serve, ok reception, but lacks in attack and blocking.
    Klinkenberg has no outspoken strong points. Deroo is biggest talent of his age (eighteen), but a senior EC might come a little early.

Opposite

Van Walle will be starting opposite. He played an amazing EC2007 (only 20 years old, never played a single game in Belgian's top league at that point).
    Little playing opportunity in Macerata, last season.
    Van den Dries also had little playing opportunity in San Giustino, but he convinced me during European League and one preparation match against Austria (serving excellent, good in attack on position 2 and 1).

In the last 10 days, Belgium plays 4 preparation games against Austria (3 victories, 3-0,3-2,3-2, last game tommorow).

I'm looking forward to the upcoming championships, but I'm afraid a win will be though against Italy, France or Finland.
    France beat Bulgaria in Tournoi de France, Italy played great in World League and Finland recently beat The Netherlands pretty easy in two preparation games.

• Pool A: I think the winner will be Slovenia and I would say Slovenians will make a big surprise on ECh.
    Pool B: Russia for sure. But Czechs would be as well as Slovenians a big surprise.
    Pool C: I think rather Italians. France on second place.
    Pool D: I would say that Poles but it was when I was full of hope about Bartman on Ech :P So now I'll say Bulgarians. I hope Poles on second place :whistle:

Do you mean Portuguese?

• Pool D is: Poland, Bulgaria, Germany and Slovakia. No Portugal here :wavy:

I bolded an unnecessary sentence.
    I referred to her prediction on Pool B, she wrote Slovenians. I think she meant Portuguese.

• I bolded an unnecessary sentence.
    I referred to her prediction on Pool B, she wrote Slovenians. I think she meant Portuguese.

I think she meant Slovenia, but generally speaking of team that will may surprise at the ECh, not only from pool B...

• To Kk15:
    I have to pay for my carelessness. :aww: I didn't finished Bella's words and I misunderstood her, she was saying Czech would be the dark horse of Pool B...
    Damn, what an awful mistake.

MB

Raymaekers en Verhees are starting in MB position. This is a big improvement compared to our last EC in 2007 (Verhelst, Van decraen). Surprisingly, Van de Voorde is not in the team. He was cut from the team pretty early in the preparation phase. Coolman (Volley Menen) is his replacement.

What is the reason for leaving Verhelst, van Decraen or van de Voorde out of the squad? It's the first time I hear about this guy Coolman. It's great to have Raymaekers back in the NT, but I don't think your MB-s in EC 2007 were that bad. I personally like all three of these missing and I am really surprised that the coach preferred Coolman.

• Turkey roster for ECH:

Arslan Ekşi, Selçuk Keskin, Serhat Coşkun, Sinan Cem Tanık, Emre Batur, Burutay Subaşı, Ender Kıdoğlu, Halil İbrahim Yücel, Ahmet Pezük, Erhan Dünge, Kemal Kayhan and Ramazan Serkan Kılıç

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• What is the reason for leaving Verhelst, van Decraen or van de Voorde out of the squad? It's the first time I hear about this guy Coolman. It's great to have Raymaekers back in the NT, but I don't think your MB-s in EC 2007 were that bad. I personally like all three of these missing and I am really surprised that the coach preferred Coolman.

Verhelst is older now and the youngsters are better than him.Van Decraen is still recovering from an injury and not yet reaching his best level but I can't understand why Van de Voorde is'nt in the roster...he's much better than Coolman....

• Verhelst is older now and the youngsters are better than him.Van Decraen is still recovering from an injury and not yet reaching his best level but I can't understand why Van de Voorde is'nt in the roster...he's much better than Coolman....

Maybe Coolman is a cooler man? :thumbup: