European Championships - 2013 - hosts Denmark and Poland

• Because. I like Steuerwald. Don't see anything special about Kampa.

Well, some coaches dont want their setters to be somehow "special". Being accurate, following instructions and a game plan can be enough. Furthermore Kampa is by far the better blocker and played a good world league.

• On Polish federation's webiste appeared info about team for Wagner's Memorial. There is no Bartman there, moreover it's written that from 15 which will play in memorial will be chosen team for Euro Volley, so Zibi is out :whistle:

It seems Anastasi doesn't really know what to do. We're going down so fast...

• Maybe it's indicative of his termination of his duty.
    It seems having extended his contract till next year was an early decision that turns out not working as well as expected.

• Agree with Mariusz this NT season Zibi was horrible :!:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Who wasn't horrible? If we go this way why Nowakowski, or even Zygadlo are still in the national team? Their World League was pretty bad, too. That's not an explanation. If Bartman was "completely out of shape" it's just our coach's big failure, 'cause simply he wasn't able to bring this shape back. That was some kind of a shoot in foot for me. It's easier to take the player out of team, than give a try to help him. I'm afraid Anastasi started listening to watchers' voices, he removed the enemy, the black sheep. We know perfectly, that Bartman always had the biggest responsibility for our bad matches, even, when he was totally absent on court. Everyone blamed him for defeats.

Also, I don't really understand what made Anastasi to trust Bociek so much? What this young guy did to be so respected and treated like someone, who can save our team from falling down? Well, I'm aware he scored so well against Serbia in friendly match, but it doesn't automatically mean he's gonna be so effective against Russia, Italy or even France, Jesus...

• Who wasn't horrible? If we go this way why Nowakowski, or even Zygadlo are still in the national team? Their World League was pretty bad, too. That's not an explanation. If Bartman was "completely out of shape" it's just our coach's big failure, 'cause simply he wasn't able to bring this shape back. That was some kind of a shoot in foot for me. It's easier to take the player out of team, than give a try to help him. I'm afraid Anastasi started listening to watchers' voices, he removed the enemy, the black sheep. We know perfectly, that Bartman always had the biggest responsibility for our bad matches, even, when he was totally absent on court. Everyone blamed him for defeats.

Also, I don't really understand what made Anastasi to trust Bociek so much? What this young guy did to be so respected and treated like someone, who can save our team from falling down? Well, I'm aware he scored so well against Serbia in friendly match, but it doesn't automatically mean he's gonna be so effective against Russia, Italy or even France, Jesus...

Couldn't agree more. I feel like he's a Universiade level but not really ECh level player.

• By the way: I'm probably gonna have one spare ticket (Poland - France) for sale, anyone here interested maybe?

P.S. I'm still going ;) just selling my +1.

Second that. There is really nothing more to add. Andrea is tangibly losing his grip and I've been sensing that since the WL already. I guess he just cannot rely on his own hunch anymore. But it's not just about coach, whole atmosphere around our team has been really awkward this season, things just don't fall into place. I have no big expectations for the upcoming tournaments, really. I guess I'll just blankly watch our team, maybe just quietly hoping for things to suddenly work out.

• Italy Euro Volley roster:
    Setters: Dragan Travica, Davide Saitta
    Opposites: Ivan Zaytsev, Luca Vettori
    Outside Hitters: Cristian Savani, Simone Parodi, Filippo Lanza, Jiri Kovar
    Middle Blockers: Emanuele Birarelli, Thomas Beretta, Matteo Piano, Daniele Mazzone
    Liberos: Salvatore Rossini, Andrea Giovi

• Serbia roster for ECH
    Setters: Vlado Petkovic, Nikola Jovovic
    OPPs: Sasa Starovic, Aleksandar Atanasijevic
    OHs: Milos Nikic, Nikola Kovacevic, Marko Ivovic, Nemanja Petric
    MBs: Dragan Stankovic, Marko Podrascanin, Milan Rasic, Srecko Lisinac
    Libero: Nikola Rosic, Filip Vujic

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Keep posting next rosters ASAP ^^ I'll post them in Prediction Game thread to help you :)

• Slovakia
    Setters: Michal Masný, Juraj Zaťko
    Oposites: Martin Nemec, Milan Bencz
    Outisde Hitters: František Ogurčák, Štefan Chrtiansky jr., Matej Paták, Róbert Hupka
    Middle Blockers: Emanuel Kohút, Tomáš Kmeť, Michal Hruška
    Libero: Roman Ondrušek

Middle Blockers: Emanuele Birarelli, Thomas Beretta, Matteo Piano, Daniele Mazzone

Davide Saitta? And What happened with M. Baranowicz? I thought he was just cut of for WL Finals. And also...where is Falaschi? He replaced Baranowicz in the Final6 and now out...weird

• Davide Saitta? And What happened with M. Baranowicz? I thought he was just cut of for WL Finals. And also...where is Falaschi? He replaced Baranowicz in the Final6 and now out...weird

Seeing this roster I was also surprised :what:, epecting Baranowicz/Falaschi, anyway Travica is substituted really rarely :whistle:

• why does everybody think that the semi-finals are Italy-Serbia, Poland- Russia, ( I mean if the first in the groups win their quarterfinals hypothetically i mean ) when the true semifinals are Serbia- Russia, Italy-Poland. In media, newspapers, friends, everybody says we have to beat russia to go to the final, when we actually have to beat poland and italy, not that the difference is great in our poor form but still???

• Polish NT for ECH:
    S: Łukasz Żygadło (Zenit Kazań), Fabian Drzyzga (Asseco Resovia Rzeszów)
    OPP: Jakub Jarosz (Lotos Trefl Gdańsk), Grzegorz Bociek (Zaksa Kędzierzyn-Koźle)
    OH: Bartosz Kurek (Cucine Lube Banca Marche Macerata), Michał Winiarski (Fakieł Nowy Urengoj), Michał Kubiak (Jastrzębski Węgiel), Michał Ruciak (Zaksa Kędzierzyn-Koźle)
    MB: Marcin Możdżonek (Zaksa Kędzierzyn-Koźle), Piotr Nowakowski (Asseco Resovia Rzeszów), Łukasz Wiśniewski (Zaksa Kędzierzyn-Koźle), Andrzej Wrona (PGE Skra Bełchatów)
    L: Paweł Zatorski (PGE Skra Bełchatów), Damian Wojtaszek (Jastrzębski Węgiel).

How many of these players have different origin than Italy :what: