Junior World Championships 2011

• The answer is in genes Burak. If turkish Players work hard as now and evolution goes good after 100-150 years Turkey will be strong as Brazil.

• I honestly expected more from the Serbian girls. I saw them play in the Balkan Junior Champ. and they played exceptional. I think they only dropped 1 set in the whole competition. Here they faced stronger teams of course like Brazil and Italy. Some of them they played first time with. Anyways they can play a lot better. Bjelica is a scoring machine and Rankovic is great. Their first pool was the strongest though.

• I'm watching the bronze medal match right now - China - USA ! 1st set for USA - 20-25, 2nd for China - 25-21, and now 16-7 for the asians, they are playing so well....
    Thank you, laola!!! :)

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

Edited 2 times, last by ari ().

• Belgium lost the math for seventh place =(
    It looks like they could'nt handle the absence of some leaders.
    I'm a little bit disapointed by their performance because I'm sure they're better than Peru and Slovakia but referee does'nt agree with me :whistle:

• I believe also Van Hecke was tired already, she could not performe as she did in first rounds, witch is understandable...but still definetly one of the best players in this WCH, if not the best.

• Leaving aside the controversy about her age, Brenda Castillo is for me the most enjoyable player to watch in this tournament. She does much more than "normal" liberos do, even on senior level. She plays very intelligent, moves extremely well, is always where she needs to be and all that with very few mistakes. I think more liberos should play like her, she interprets the role different and organizes the whole team, it's almost like they have another setter in her.

• I think Italy is only showing the weakest points of the brazilian team. Brazil has a poor receive, their players aren't tall and Brazil lacks a powerful spiker. I give credits to Brazil because they fought for each point therefore their opponents lost their minds and use to do many mistakes. Tonight the same thing happened in the 1st set and Brazil won.
    Right now it seems Italy finally realized all of the weakest points of Brazil and they are not giving error points to Brazil. So Brazil needs to score for themself and well... where's the reception and who's going to score?

• Congratulations to Italy!!!:) Happy for the girls!

I think Bosetti made an incredible match!!!! Definetly her best in the tournament. But indeed, Brasil reception were really poor, and that made the game very bad for them, cause their main attack ball was the one with Bia, the MB. Without reception, that pretty much didnt exist.

But in other hand I think Italy made a very good match, and well both teams fighted till the end though it own problems, and that is really important, shows caracter.

So congratulations for both teams! ^^

I think some players really showed they can be great players in future, if they work correctly.

• Best players:

Most Scorer: Lise Van Hecke (BEL)
    Best Spiker: Caterina Bosetti (ITA)
    Best Blocker: Zhou Yang (CHN)
    Best Server: Lise Van Hecke (BEL)
    Best Setter: Di Yao (CHN)
    Best Reciever: Lucia Nikmonova (SLK)
    Best Libero: Natalie Hagglund (USA)
    MVP: Caterina Bosetti (ITA)

PS.: In statistics Brenda Castillo was showing as best libero, but I guess they took in consideration the age rumor thing, and decided not to give her the award. Not that the american didnt deserve, very good libero too.

• Congratulations, Italian girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:

Simply the best!! :super: :super: :super: :super: :super:

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• Caterina Bosetti :super: she took MVP award both in world championship and European Championship, although it is not for her generation :obey: cannot imagine how well she will play in next WCH and ECH :whistle: with this short height and high jump she remind me Aguero. Hope there would be no injury and she would keep play like this for years :thumbsup:

Accept Bosetti, the most shining players was Brenda Castillo, Lise van Hecke, Mirtha Uribe, Radosova,Valentina Diouf, Haley Eckerman, Kelly Reeves, Ana Beatriz and Gabriela Souza.

BTW, Is Gabriela Souza the one who was libero in the champion roster of 2009 youth World Championship? She was currently best spiker of the tournament.

This is the ranking of the 2009 youth World Championship (which this current teams had already played):

1 Brazil
    2 Serbia
    3 Belgium
    4 Turkey
    5 Japan
    6 Peru
    7 Thailand
    8 Italy
    9 Mexico
    10 Germany
    11 Dominican Rep.
    12 United States of America
    13 China
    14 Slovakia
    15 Egypt
    16 Tunisia

As you see the most unexpected results are the increase of italy, China, United States of America, Dominican Rep.and Slovakia. 5 of first 7 ranked teams suck when they were youth with almost same roster :what:

On the other hand the most disappointing ones are Serbia (13th from second rank), Turkey, Germany and Thailand (which cannot succeed to qualify), Belgium (bronze medalist)

• Oh my God!!!!!Italyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!Amazingggggg!!!!! :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super: :super:

Bosetti was super....and she is still prejuniores!! :super: :super:

• :cup: Real Glad 4 ITA jr.NT becoming W-Champion !! I was confident about this team after they had won ECH 2010, but I didn't expect they would reach the summit of world volley. !!
    Grazie ragazze !! :obey:

And I would make a special thanks to coach Marco Mencarelli. He's doing a superb job in training young ITA players since 2006. His palmarès is nowadays stunning:
    I would resume it 4 all of you, I think he deserves much praises 4 this important achievement. Grazie Marco !! :obey: :obey:

<< Marco Mencarelli joined the staff of the senior women's Italy team in 2001 as assistant coach, helping them clinch victory at the 2002 FIVB Volleyball Women’s World Championship in Berlin and silver at the 2001 European Championships in Bulgaria. In 2005 he led Italy to a bronze medal in the Mediterranean Games.
    Since 2006, Mencarelli has coached the Italian women’s junior team and won three consecutive European Championships: France 2006, Italy 2008 and Serbia 2010.
    He also helped his side to a fifth place finish at the World Championship in Thailand.>> ...+ 2011 victory ... (source: FIVB site) :wavy:

Mencarelli's photo:
    http://www.fivb.org/visasp/Img…?No=201104561&MaxSize=150

• Congratulations to Italian girls. Bright future ahead of them :)

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I realized I haven't wrote yet COMPLIMENTS!!! to our girls!!! Amaziiiiiing!!! And Bosetti MVP eve if she is 'youth'!!!! WOOW!!

Now Italy is in the 4th position of the world ranking. I hope the boys will take example asap. Being the 39th team in the ranking, not even reach the WCh after playing in ClubItalia the whole year is quite embarassing...