2014 FIVB World Championship - Poland - 8/30

• and will face other strong teams with crucial players

name me one in our team who is more crucial than Winiarski at the moment

Well remembered, depending on the result, Russia and Poland can play to kick out Brazil like they did in WL, in other group it is a bit more difficult because they are quite the same, but system is a fail, and create this opportunity.

If it's any consolation, if some miracle happens and Poland will win against Brasil in important match, I can assure you that there's absolutelly no way for Poland to loose on purpose against Russia. More than that I can assure you that they will fight like for the olimpic gold even if it would be just for fun :lol: Seriously, no worries :lol: If there were any doubts before (there weren't), Spirydonow made it safe for you just after the draw :lol: There won't be any deal between Poland and Russia, I can assure you

• lol I'm not accusing anyone of anything. That doesn't make sense. I was just saying Poland got lucky. What the hell.

:what:

that was a joke

because discussion was about host advantages and you started talking about injures out of nowhere

and it's hard to talk about "luck" when it comes to injures, especially when our capitan and one of crucial players got one too :what:

• majka.antosik, I second every single point in your posts!

For people who question the 3-team pool play rules: Yes, you will have the perks to manipulate the results in the pool, OR, you will be easily manipulated, had you lost any single set or match. There's no difference between this system and an elimination system - you must not lose anything, otherwise you're out. This is not a normal "pool play" preliminary round. This is a very toxic elimination game.

For example, many people would think of Russia's misfortune in WL. OK, what if Russia didn't lost two sets to Iran, or what if Russia had beaten Brazil? Consider that was an single elimination match, Russia lost one and were out.

At this stage, Poland have survived so many brutal matches, and were drawn into this incredible pool. I cannot express how much I respect Poland. And I cordially wish them the best of luck.

• thank you, my dear :flower: But respect doesn't win medals :S
    I'm SICK AND TIRED of this game. Federation kills it completely with stupid rules and pointless draws. The only way to win something is to make deal with someone, loose some match or set up draw. Four years ago the host Italy must have been thinking for AGES to invent such a rules. It was literally disgusting. We played well first round, we played fair play and did our best against Serbia, we won the game that we "shouldn't win for our own good" and as a price we got pool with Brasil and Bulgaria (IN SECOND ROUND THREE MEDALISTS FROM LAST WCH!!!!!), we got destroyed by Brasil in first and in the second it was already too late

now we are the host and we have path from hell, we play well, we have ups and downs but we survive VERY rough half and as a only team in our group have only defeat, and right before finals we got two best teams in the world, because our forking federation invent rules that doesn't assure us FAIR chances. I'm not asking for host advantages, I wouldn't want that, I'm sick of it. All I wanted is fair path. Setting up this draw would be more fair than this shit.

so yeah, I AM bitter. Because I watch this stupid game for ages and I don't know if our boys deserve medals, but from what I saw they sure as hell deserve fair chance to get it, not this shit. Especially in their own country. And my heart do breaks when I see Winiarski first almost crying because he can't help his team and then almost crying from happiness because there IS third round and "he is still alive" and "the worst day in his life ended and sun is still shining" or some crap like that. He deserves fair chance to get medal in championship played in his own fucking country :mad:

and we as fans deserve this chance too for ages of keeping our fingers crossed and the see of tears after defeats. In Poland we really do love volleyball, we do love our boys (sometimes we mock them, we curse them, but we do love them all - even Nowakowski :lol: ). The problem is that our federation love money more than volleyball (because Przedelski says opelny in media that there is third round so there would be more matches - so he can get more money from tickets)

• I don't really like mentioning it like this, but I remember vividly how I, about a year ago, criticized the formula for the third round in the very same thread here. I think my comment is still somewhere on the first pages. I stay behind my words now as well. Too many games with this third round, too many even for a WCH. It's too exhausting. I proposed the Olympic system back then and people started complaining that there are more teams in a WCH, which means there should be more games, and that how it is not perfect either. Well, enjoy the draw then :)

I agree with the users who say Poland has NOT benefited from the draw and the system itself. I agree, there has been no host with such a tough schedule so far, not that I remember. Getting a day more in terms of rest might pay off in the long run, but this is just ridiculous. Remember, some of the teams had the chance yesterday to play with the back-ups. The ones who did can be relaxed now, the ones who didn't will have to think about injuries, teams like Iran and Germany had to play at full strength, no escape from that sometimes. Still, you can't deny it's been a very entertaining and interesting tournament so far, no draw can spoil it. Many more balanced and prepared teams, some "favourites" disappointed, but it's all part of the game. Now we might have new heroes, e.g. France, Iran or Germany.

• Let me join the discussion about Poland. I completely agree that they are the team with the toughest draw. In other words, they are f*ucked. But:

1) The team's management/coaches/analysts could have foreseen this happening. It was not like 1 in a million chance to draw Russia and Brazil. However, they could've avoided at least one of Brazil and Russia by beating France. France used their benchers, so Poland could've pushed harder to beat them. And if they did, now they would've been in the other group in the place of France. I count that as a mistake by the Polish side.

2) By reading the Polish users' comments, it's as if Poland are already buried. If that's the attitude in Poland and amongst the players - they can already pack their bags. But, for me, the chances in this group are 33/33/33. Poland also have the support of their home crowd so, I fancy their chances. This is the tournament of surprises and nothing's indicating that they won't continue in the third round.

3) FIVB revealed the format months ago and by today they have done everything according to this format. So Poland was just unlucky and that's it. There isn't any conspiracy against the team. And as I mentioned in point 1), Poland could've 'controlled' their luck but they didn't choose to do so.

Finally, although a lot of us wrote Germany off (including me to a large extent), I have the feeling that they can play the dark horses in that Pool G.

• my buddy, TimHH. Finally, we are in the same group :D
    We were so good luck in every thing because Argentina have beaten USA and the draw was acceptable for us. :)

• At what time the final will be played on Sunday? :win:

• News re Moroz' injury, it appears that the injury is not that serious if Russian officials are to be believed, the latter is currently being treated and may play in the last matches => http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…z-will-soon-be-ready.html

• So, Brazil, the team with the best campaign in the tournament, with 9 victories in 9 games, having only lost 3 sets, is rewarded not with any advantage, but only with disadvantages.

They have to leave Katowice, where they had been seeded to, they have to face two teams that finished 2nd in their respective groups, who also happen to be the best ranked teams remaining in the tournament, and finally they have to play the first two matches of this last group stage, while their opponents play the last match, an advantage for them, as they come into that game knowing exactly what they need to do, which also allows for some manipulation of the results.

This format makes absolutely no sense.

• Well FIVB always has problems with something - referees, formule of competitions, individual awrds, always the same silly and stupid mistakes which annoy most people :wacko:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Igor Kolaković resigned as head coach of Serbia

Right decision! How about Vujevic as coach? A legend and a true leader.
    In contrast Berruto doesn't want to resign, he claims he knows the problem and has solution :whistle: I'm not sure if he can reclaim his authority over the team. Zaytsev left the team because of 'sprained' :whistle: ankle in the middle of the tournament. He could play in Argentina and Australia matches butdecided to return to Italy. This supports the rumors that Zaytsev is the main reason of team conflict. It is going to be difficult to manage drama 'kings' Zaytsev and Travica.
    As I said before, a successful season with Halkbank will open the doors for Bernardi.