2012 Olympic Games

• Now I haven't enough time to read all the post written there... Can someone explain me before I watch the missing matches how was ITA-KOR and what's happen to USA yesterday? When I left Brasil was not playing very well and now they have the gold. 8|

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• great congratulations for Brazil...I cheered for them since semifinals (even if I hadn't the possibility to write in here all my observations :gone: )
    it has been a really strange match where I think the team that focused the most on the gold medal managed to win it..I mean that I think Brazil just totally didn't care who they were facing, they just had one aim and the struggled to take it...just like Russia today!
    so big congratulations especially to Jaque (perfect match yesterday) and Fabiana, so positive and concrete... :olympia:

• Now I haven't enough time to read all the post written there... Can someone explain me before I watch the missing matches how was ITA-KOR and what's happen to USA yesterday? When I left Brasil was not playing very well and now they have the gold. 8|

They woke up against Russia in the quarters and since...they are unstoppable even for the strongest roster in the world actually (USA)...They find a way to do that, with their fans in the arena : I was here and and I have to say public helped them to overpass Russia in the tiebreak

• Ok, thank you!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• But they understand and respect, I never said the word 'agree'. ^^

Of course, you are right, but I must say, I think funny why brazilians (not saying you, but brazilians supporters overall) like others understand our way, but we cant understand the way of other countries like Russia for example, we cant accept they have different culture then ours, we insist to judge them like we would judge ourselves...I think is something we could think about. :teach:

• 2003 China won WGP and WC
    won 11 matches in WC
    definitely a dream team, if Brazil in 2008 was a dream team, same as China in 2003.
    also in 2004, Feng kun,yang hao, Zhao rui rui,Zhou su hong ,Liu ya nan,Zhang na these 6 form the dream team for China.

It's not about how many championships and games they won, it's about HOW they won.
    The chinese team was very good, Feng was amazing, but they were not a power house like Brasil in 2008 and Cuba in the 90s

• Of course, you are right, but I must say, I think funny why brazilians (not saying you, but brazilians supporters overall) like others understand our way, but we cant understand the way of other countries like Russia for example, we cant accept they have different culture then ours, we insist to judge them like we would judge ourselves...I think is something we could think about. :teach:

And that's all we can expect from you ;)

• It's not about how many championships and games they won, it's about HOW they won.
    The chinese team was very good, Feng was amazing, but they were not a power house like Brasil in 2008 and Cuba in the 90s

:woohoo: I think you should better watch their matches in that year first :drink:

• Kim is a phenomenal player,and in every match she played great,and she's the biggest reason why Korea played so well and beated strong volleyball teams,like Italy in quarterfinals,but still,some1 from Brazil,or USA should have won the award because they played in the final,and Korea lost in bronze medal-match!

• After this Olympics, Brazil should start to train and develop younger players to play for the national team. They could not rely on their veterans forever. This early they should already find a young setter/s who could be a decent substitute for Dani Lins or else they will be having the same problems after Fofao's retirement. I also want Jacqueline, Paula, Sheilla and Fabi out mainly because of their age. Although Sheilla can be called back to play in major competitions (2014 WCH?), it is important that they also find a young opposite hitter who can step up and replace her when she retires. There is no need for Brazil to exhaust all their main players in minor competitions. Honestly, they should have learned their lesson long ago when they lost two of their star players (Mari and Paula) prior to the 2010 World Championship. Let the younger ones take over until the time comes when there will be no longer a need for the veterans/old players to become starters. They just have to take the risk similar to what China and Cuba did after the 2000 Sydney Olympics. For a country with so much volleyball talent, in no time i believe Brazil will deliver.

• After this Olympics, Brazil should start to train and develop younger players to play for the national team. They could not rely on their veterans forever. This early they should already find a young setter/s who could be a decent substitute for Dani Lins or else they will be having the same problems after Fofao's retirement. I also want Jacqueline, Paula, Sheilla and Fabi out mainly because of their age. Although Sheilla can be called back to play in major competitions (2014 WCH?), it is important that they also find a young opposite hitter who can step up and replace her when she retires. There is no need for Brazil to exhaust all their main players in minor competitions. Honestly, they should have learned their lesson long ago when they lost two of their star players (Mari and Paula) prior to the 2010 World Championship. Let the younger ones take over until the time comes when there will be no longer a need for the veterans/old players to become starters. They just have to take the risk similar to what China and Cuba did after the 2000 Sydney Olympics. For a country with so much volleyball talent, in no time i believe Brazil will deliver.

agree.

• It's interesting to note how history repeated itself in the quadrennial after Beijing 2008.

Russia won 2006 and 2010 WCH.
    Italy won world cup 2007 and 2011.
    Russia faced the current reigning olympic champions in olympic quarterfinals.
    Russia and Italy eliminated in quarterfinals.
    Usa and Brazil faced in the finals.
    Brazil won olympics 2008 and 2012.

The biggest difference would be Brazil's rocky road to the second gold. They fell out of contention in the olympic preliminaries but they managed to bounce back when it mattered. Let's see if it would be the same in the next quadrennial.

• i think i read this somewhere :lol:

• sincerely I hope not... :whistle:

• But they understand and respect, I never said the word 'agree'. ^^

The author of the article actually tried to make the title sound controversial, like the US team had bad things to say, when that is not the case. :thumbdown: :aww:

I'm sure portuguese translation of the article will try to make it sound controversial also :down:

• I just can't believe the way USA lost that match after winning 25-11 the first set.

I'm thinking the main problem was Davis' reception. Come on! After second set she failed all the receptions and Berg couldn't do anything.
    Other mistakes were Hugh's decision when he choosed Tamari, Scott, Haneef and Thompson instead of Richards, Bown, Metcalf and Glass. The first four were unuseful.

BTW, Congratulations Brazil! That game after 2nd set was AMAZING in every single way, just perfect. Dani Lins was terrific! Fe Garay was so powerful and Fabianna did everything she hasn't done in the last two years. Simply amazing.

:olympia:

• McCatcheon's preferring Megan instead of Richards had seemed to be right at the first after Megan's wgp performance but now i wonder if Richards had been on the court with Larson as Oh's in London ,how would the result have been?