2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• The South American Qualification Tournament starts today.
    There's only 1 spot missing.
    Venezuela is out. :rolleyes:

Schedule (local time)*
    18/10 - 8.00pm - Peru X Colombia
    19/10 - 6.00pm - Argentina X Colombia
    20/10 - 9.00pm - Argentina X Peru
    *Frecuencia Latina is going to broadcast all matches.

Rosters
    Argentina

Colombia

Peru

• Why isn't Kenny Moreno Pino in Colombian NT? Is she injured?

She's retired from NT.

And big congrats to Colombia after today's win against Peru! :)

Anyone has stats from this match?

• She's retired from NT.

And big congrats to Colombia after today's win against Peru! :)

Anyone has stats from this match?

I found only scores:
    Peru - Colombia 2-3 (25-19 17-25 25-17 20-25 13-15)
    Peru: La Rosa (1), Leyva (24), Yllescas (6), Camet (1), Ortiz (14), Zamudio Ore (7), Palacios (L) and Uribe (11), Aquino (1), Muñoz
    Colombia: Mancilla (3), Ampudia (12), Rangel (4), M. Montaño (43), Nieva (4), Ramírez (7), Gomez (L) and Banguero, Martinez (2), Vargas

Madelaynne Montaño again with nice score result and on Peruan side the best scorer was 16-year-old girl 8o Angela Leyva shows her potential to be leading player in future :thumbsup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Who were missing from Peru? Younger sister of Uribe weren't there?

• Who were missing from Peru? Younger sister of Uribe weren't there?

As you can see few posts higher Brenda Uribe isn't in roster for this tournament, she should be still pregnant (I found post from June and she was in third month, so birth giving is soon ^^).
    Except Brenda missing are also Patricia Soto (OPP/OH), Carla Rueda (OH/OPP), Elena Keldibekova (S). Rueda was injured, I don't know how it's looking now.
    I wonder what's with Paola Garcia (MB) and Jessenia Uceda (OH/OPP) - are they still playing?

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Brenda Uribe is still pregnant. Keldivekova is retired. She is already 39. Uceda has a serious injury, so she just plays in clubs and García, well, I dont know who is her.

Soto is missing because of a surgery and Rueda has like 3 surgeries. She isnt able to play now.

Congratulations to Colombia! To Montano :super: Today they have the big chance to qualify to the WCH. They just have to win, doesnt matter the score. If they qualify, I hope Colombia could try with another setter...because Mancilla is :thumbdown:
    Btw, Leyva will be a great star, as well as Brayelin Martinez and serbian Boskovic :teach:

If Argentina wins, all will be decided tomorrow against Peru. The difference between the 3 teams is so narrow, that whatever can happen. In the Southamerican championship, Argentina won 3-2, but we were without Nizetich (good spiker and server, but bad receiver) and Castiglione (setter who is playing in the Brazilian superliga).

• Thank you all for help :)

• Colombia: Mancilla (3), Ampudia (12), Rangel (4), M. Montaño (43), Nieva (4), Ramírez (7), Gomez (L) and Banguero, Martinez (2), Vargas

Montano can be added one more time to that list of best scorers!

• Good luck Argentina today! If we can't qualify this time, then there's no way :wacko:

Before the tournament I was far more worried about Colombia than Peru, and this result just confirmed it: today's the day.

• Peru played so bad that even a young girl was the best of their team with 24 points. There are no missing players, the problem is that we don't have many players in senior team.
    Elena is retired, Rueda is injured and Daniela is pregnant. Soto is also injured and retired. Ginna Lopez is studying in USA and no other player from junior NT were call.

Montaño is from another planet. 43 points! And today she will play the most important match in her career. If it is possible, she will do 75 points to make it real.

• Montaño is from another planet. 43 points! And today she will play the most important match in her career. If it is possible, she will do 75 points to make it real.

She'll have a higher block today. They will still abuse playing her, but will need more diversity to win this one.

• I agree. Argentina has more weapons than Peru in order to stop Montano. Fresco, Nizetich and Sosa (despite she is small) can stop her.
    The problem is that if the ball passes, we are lost :sos: Just Gaido has a good defense. In contrast, Peru has a bettr libero and their OHs can defend.

Let´s hope someone can help Gaido behind

• Argentina-Colombia 3:0 (25-21, 25-18, 25-6) :dance6:

Montaño top scorer with "just" 14 points. See, I told you, when you spike to some opposition you won't always score :roll:

• Argentina-Colombia 3:0 (25-21, 25-18, 25-6) :dance6:

Montaño top scorer with "just" 14 points. See, I told you, when you spike to some opposition you won't always score :roll:

has you stats?

Argentina: Yael Castiglione (5), Lucía Fresco ( 8 ); Emilce Sosa (12), Florencia Busquets (7); Josefina Fernández (4), Yamila Nizetich (11). Subs : Tatiana Rizzo (3).

Colombia: Mery Mancilla (3), Madelayne Montaño (14); Cindy Ramírez (3), Melissa Rangel (3); Paola Ampudia (6), Martha Nieva (3). Subs: María Margarita Martínez (2)