2013 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Even polish commentators see that Borodakova is useless :lol:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Goncharova is not consistent enough. She will take over for a set or two but when asked to do a full match, she will eventually start making way too many errors and get blocked. This is the difference between her and Gamova :teach:

By sometimes being brilliant, she fools Matienko into thinking she can play Gamova-ball with her, when in fact Russia needs a more varied offense.

• Fe garay classy? really? seriously? :lol:

If I were Borodakova, I would be extremely ashamed of myself for doing nothing there as one of the most experienced players now...

• 3rd set to brazil. the brazilians would like to thank borodakova for giving them this set and for kosheleva's non-existent reception. :thumbdown:

• There have been two occasions in this set when it was absolutely clear that Dani had only one player to whom she could set the ball, but both times Russian MBs (once Borodakova, once Zaryazhko) stood in the middle, watched Dani as if she was gonna do some magic and then came too late to close the block. Zaryazhko was lucky that Kosheleva beside her blocked the ball though, but in such situations I really wonder why players are not more intelligent on the court...

• Goncharova is not consistent enough. She will take over for a set or two but when asked to do a full match, she will eventually start making way too many errors and get blocked. This is the difference between her and Gamova :teach:

By sometimes being brilliant, she fools Matienko into thinking she can play Gamova-ball with her, when in fact Russia needs a more varied offense.

Gamova was also like this in the beginning of her career, and in NT she always had Sokolova, Godina or Artamonova to rely on besides her.

• regarding fe garay, compared to the way she screamed in the earlier tournaments earlier last month, i think she's celebrating the way brazilians normally do in this tourn.

Obmochaeva on the other hand... i'm really surprised in her behavior in this tornament.... :what:

• There definitely is one bright element in Russia's play: Anna Malova :obey: :obey: :obey:

It might be exaggerated, but in some scenes she reminds me of Castillo with her anticipation, and she makes everything look so easy, she doesn't need to make spectacular dives because she knows where the ball will arrive :super:

On the other hand, Obmochaeva's performance is going down the drain big time now. That's the price for getting a hundred balls in the first two sets...

• There definitely is one bright element in Russia's play: Anna Malova :obey: :obey: :obey:

It might be exaggerated, but in some scenes she reminds me of Castillo with her anticipation, and she makes everything look so easy, she doesn't need to make spectacular dives because she knows where the ball will arrive :super:

It's hard to understand how big Russian clubs have missed out on her. She'll still be playing in Ufimochka next season