Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• “For sure tomorrow will be very, very difficult. I've played before here in Turkey and I know that the fans are strong and they always scream loud. The Turks will also play very strong here in their home hall, so we need to stay focused and try to be aggressive all the time. It will be just like a big final,” says Martina Guiggi.

Someone must tell her that Italy plays agains the Netherlands, not Turkey :D

• Maybe Guiggi is talking about the 3rd place match already.

• we have confirmation of NORCECA's rosters for QOT:
    - Lisvel Eve is listed as OH, not OP so I suppose her to play on left wing and Brayelin Martinez as OP sub if necessary
    - USA and Puerto Rico were mentioned before

- Canada (here surprise as 2nd Libero):
    S: Jennifer Lundquist, Megan Cyr
    OP: Tabitha Love, Rebecca Pavan
    OH: Lisa Barclay, Brittney Page, Kyla Richey, Dana Cranston
    MB: Jaimie Thibeault, Jennifer Cross, Marissa Field, Lucile Charuk
    L: Janie Guimond, Shanice Marcelle

I wonder why Marcelle is here as L :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• You must have 2 liberos in order to bring 14 players. Maybe Canada's other libero (Tesca-Wyslik or something like that) is injured and they don't have another one on international level? Marcelle is the strongest defender amongst the OHs, so maybe Ludwig chose her as 2nd libero because of that...

• “For sure tomorrow will be very, very difficult. I've played before here in Turkey and I know that the fans are strong and they always scream loud. The Turks will also play very strong here in their home hall, so we need to stay focused and try to be aggressive all the time. It will be just like a big final,” says Martina Guiggi.

Someone must tell her that Italy plays agains the Netherlands, not Turkey :D

:rolll: :rolll:

Apparently there's someone giving false info to the Italian team...yesterday Bonitta said that a couple of results of the match RUS-BEL would have been bad for Italy, in one case also with Russia winning :lol:

• Italy was so lucky...

Wolosz -> injured
    Skowronska -> standard crucial game performance
    Baranska -> injured but able to come back
    Pycia -> injured
    Nawrocki -> He prefered to die with Skowronska on court than let Tomsia play and try it till the end. He let Wojtowicz serve the whole tournament.

Today IMHO Belcik was the best player so far from Poland. So brave in defence to keep the position. So brave to run Efimienko, no matter everyone on this forum thinks she sucks. The real heart of the team. Everyone (Pycia, Baranska, Efimienko, Przybysz, Tomsia) but Skowronska took the leadership of the team for a while, Belcik made this possible.

• Marcelle is a world class digger, but her passing isn't always so stable.

• My "Hall of shame" team:

Grbac - Skowronska
    Jerkov - Leys
    Koolhaas - Polanska
    Božičević

LVP: Skowronska

Sorry to say but I agree with Skowronska and I'm happy she is not in Chemik.
    Only two good sets against Russia is not enough for such "veteran" player.

• Tomorrow's game will be not so much about volley game but mental strength for Russian NT and this generation is yet to proove they can play good under pressure. It will not help that players of this team said before that out of all places they don't like to play Turkey in Turkey. Turkish crowd gets into their head and we'll see if they're experienced enough now to deal with it. Anyway I think that even 3rd place in this tournament won't be a disaster and the worst thing to happen tomorrow is to loose in 5 sets with 3 hours to play. But exciting game tomorrow, it will be very even I expect.

• Russia-Turkey and Holland-Italy

Russia_Turkey : as i expressed before the tournament,Russia is the fav.I wonder about their performance tomorrow.Sure they need Kosheleva and Goncharova's good game to win against the host..Sherban was playing well in some period of time..what about her peformance now? i didnt pay too much attention to her..Turkey have to use the first ball very well bcz Russia has a good-block defence system and the return saves/balls can be used well by Kosheleva and Goncharova..making defence against Kosheleva is not easy ,you know the lady can attack over block..Ferhat should organize the best block in front of her...Kübra is not as fast as Fetisova but when she is in the right place surely she is a good blocker , for that to happen,tough serves are needed..witout serving well winning is impossible..this is valid for anyteam in the world in today's volley...i think in world club championship Kosheleva had performed badly..considering her probably good performance ,Turkey shouldnt let Goncharova shine...Russians tactic is clear : kosha+goncha kosha goncha kosha goncha then zharyazkho or sherban :lol:

Holland - Italy : Holland is the fav.i dont think Dutch team can play the same as they did against Turkey again..still they are the fav.Good thing for Dutch team is Maret is playing well..setter laura's performance will be crucial..Italy has to play a very good game to win...Egonu-Diouf duo should show their best and the others too then why not?

• :white: :white: :white:

Niemczyk about Nawrocki and Papke : " Long I respected Jacek Nawrocki and counseled him, but now I have to call him and the entire coaching staff losers. And the greatest is the one who has chosen him as coach, the Polish Volleyball Federation president Paweł Papke. It can't be that team is playing good enough only for two sets" - said the former coach Andrzej Niemczyk .

• Tomorrow's game will be not so much about volley game but mental strength for Russian NT and this generation is yet to proove they can play good under pressure. It will not help that players of this team said before that out of all places they don't like to play Turkey in Turkey. Turkish crowd gets into their head and we'll see if they're experienced enough now to deal with it. Anyway I think that even 3rd place in this tournament won't be a disaster and the worst thing to happen tomorrow is to loose in 5 sets with 3 hours to play. But exciting game tomorrow, it will be very even I expect.

agree :white:

• He also said that the team had potential and Nawrocki was doing substitutions too late, when sets/matches were lost.

• He also said that the team had potential and Nawrocki was doing substitutions too late, when sets/matches were lost.

Nawrocki never changes players, yesterday Skowronska needed 7 blocks to be taken off and 2 sets :white: He is known of playing the same team all the time and we can unfortunately only imagine what if someone else was the coach. Efimienko was far better than Polanska, Ganszczyk and Kurnikowska sitting on bench :white: If Bonitta kept Egonu on bench he would have gone home yesterday.

• Bonitta has taken risk with Egonu, Orro, Danesi, Diouf (over Centoni) and win it.

• Tamara Sušić didn't play volleyball for month and half because in her club in Romania told her that She need to done surgery but after She went to Croatia, they said to her that She had little injury and that She doesn't need surgery. She told me that she is out of shape but I don't why Milos didn't play. Maybe because she didn't listean coach and She didn't want to change her bad blocking teh... And afterall She had more blocks than Milos :whistle:

• Russia-Turkey and Holland-Italy

Russia_Turkey : as i expressed before the tournament,Russia is the fav.I wonder about their performance tomorrow.Sure they need Kosheleva and Goncharova's good game to win against the host..Sherban was playing well in some period of time..what about her peformance now? i didnt pay too much attention to her..Turkey have to use the first ball very well bcz Russia has a good-block defence system and the return saves/balls can be used well by Kosheleva and Goncharova..making defence against Kosheleva is not easy ,you know the lady can attack over block..Ferhat should organize the best block in front of her...Kübra is not as fast as Fetisova but when she is in the right place surely she is a good blocker , for that to happen,tough serves are needed..witout serving well winning is impossible..this is valid for anyteam in the world in today's volley...i think in world club championship Kosheleva had performed badly..considering her probably good performance ,Turkey shouldnt let Goncharova shine...Russians tactic is clear : kosha+goncha kosha goncha kosha goncha then zharyazkho or sherban :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Russia is the only team in the women side who can get away and win matches without the opponent getting any sort of pressure from the players' serves (Fetisova is probably the exception in this team). I agree with your point regarding Goncharova. Everyone knows Kosheleva is the front runner in offense for Russia, but everyone seems to forget that if Goncharova gets hot, she even scores more points than Koshe just like in today's match against belgium. I think she will be the key player in the match against Turkey tomorrow. She can come out from her icy throne and get wild with the Turkish fans who love her :lol: