Olympic Games - Brazil 2016 (qualification process)

• The only thing Rueda learned today is screaming very loud and making ugly faces during her spikes :rolll:

Exactly. It's really irritating. I also hate it when players cross the line and almost step on opponent's foot (which may cause serious injures) and act like nothing happened.

• Seeing both Buijs and Plak in reception, make my nightmares during Vermeulen-era return...(during 2nd set)

Today it was 'only' Kazakhstan....I don't want to think about the next matches...hopefully Grothues returns soon...

Besides: Laura's connection with MB's was very bad today.

• Seeing both Buijs and Plak in reception, make my nightmares during Vermeulen-era return...(during 2nd set)

Today it was 'only' Kazakhstan....I don't want to think about the next matches...hopefully Grothues returns soon...

Besides: Laura's connection with MB's was very bad today.

Agreed.
    In my opinion, Plak is a two-edged sword, speaking of which she could play very well and even finish the match, but she also could be opponent's best player. Too unstable as OH.
    I hope Maret will be ready tomorrow, because Korea is supposedly not an easy opponent as they showed today. If Maret is not fully ready, Judith can do that job as passer.

• I really don't know what Novara saw it Dijkema. Sorry but She didn't show anything special. I HOPE that I'm so wrong and that She will show much more but today it was just :thumbdown: ...Maybe because of bad reception :whistle:

• Italy was totally crushed by Thailand in the 1st set, the Thai setter is playing with Italian blockers, so the hitters got chances to hit block-free.

• Danesi replaces Chirichella and she's bringing a positive sign.
    I don't like this Sylla, I hope Gennari replaces her soon.

• Egonu and Sylla saved the ITALY'S ASS again.

Bonitta's best choice is bringing sylla, who is a real dynamite.Danesi is more determined than Chirichella about spiking and blocking.

Also bonitta worst choice is bringing centoni.and starting Piccinini is always a nightmare. these two "old stars" shows nothing. they could not make mistakes, but also could not score, their best behaviors are clapping and clapping on the bench.Piccinini is far away from Del core's quality.maybe the CL final dry her out totally.

Now italy has stepping to Rio.Congrats and it's time to thinking about justifying.

• Lol. Buijs is so terrible with her reception. And Kim is unstoppable

• Netherlands looks quite out of shape, but I think it will still be enough to get the qualification. Korea is doing a super match, especially Kim, I'm happy that yesterday she didn't play like this for two sets against Italy :whistle:

• Now I think the Rio tickets will go to ITA, JPN, KOR and THA or NED.

Much to my surprise that DOM is so weak nowadays that even PER can trash them 3-0.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Koreans serving like machine today, definitely took a huge step forward compared to yesterday.
    I'm so glad that they came back! It just feels like Olympic qualification back in 2012, when you see them playing so fun and enjoying, there are going to win!