2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Brazil don't deserve to reach final6. Like wtf they lost set against Mexico and they almost lost second set. I hope Japan can take their spot.

I was thinking that Bricio is key player of Mexico but She had 7/35, it is pretty bad % in attack.

I agree. All the big teams are demolishing others with 3-0 and Brazil lose set to Mexico and match to Germany? They need wins, they need points and they need set average to reach final 6 and they have almost none of it and comparison with the other NTs.

It will sound a little disrespectul to Mexico, sorry, but it wasnt that Mexico won 1 set, Brazil lost it.

• FYI, Japan was the only team who had beaten Italy's first squad this summer. So no, I'm not kidding.:roll:

• FYI, Japan was the only team who had beaten Italy's first squad this summer. So no, I'm not kidding.:roll:

Any regular member in this forum should be knowing more than taking into account the WGP / VNL results exceeding its designated weight. There were simply many weird results occurred during the annual festive.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• A match between two teams focusing (for obvious reasons) on the later, more important WCH edition (one of them being the host, both defending a lot of points in FIVB ranking, which is crucial for the Olympic qualification) should be evaluated for what it counts: in this case, little more than nothing.

For confirmation, ask France and Russia men's teams how happy they are with their WL/VNL results compared to World and Olympic medals won by others.

• Brazil can only blame themselves for the loss but your criticism is still heavy-handed.

It's the whole "Italy deserved the VNL F6 more than Turkey" again, from the same person too. Certain things don't change around here. Gotta filter the dumb comments.

• If Brazil have good enough results to finish in the top 3 in their pool then they deserve to make the F6. It’s as simple as that.

• After today's results Germany is out of the race for F6. Not that we ever really were in that race, but some dreaming was allowed after the Brazil match ;)

Anyway, up till now I think the team definitely deserves some praise. It's a pity they couldn't turn the good performances against NED and in large parts also against JPN into points/wins, but other than that there is not much to complain about. I've never seen Brinker and Geerties play this well for so many matches in a row, plus Lippmann has established herself as a constant high level player over the last two years. If only we had some better MBs...but there is hope called Camilla Weitzel (18 years).

• If Brazil will lose to the Netherlands will they be out of contention for the final 6?

• If Brazil will lose to the Netherlands will they be out of contention for the final 6?

Not if Serbia beats Japan with 3 points. Right now Japan is one victory and 2 pts ahead of Brazil, so if both teams lose their next match, JPN-BRA will be a final for 3rd place and BRA needs to win it with 3 pts (assuming both lose by 3 pts in the previous match).

• Go Japan, you deserve it !!

• Not if Serbia beats Japan with 3 points. Right now Japan is one victory and 2 pts ahead of Brazil, so if both teams lose their next match, JPN-BRA will be a final for 3rd place and BRA needs to win it with 3 pts (assuming both lose by 3 pts in the previous match).

Thank you :drink:

• Not if Serbia beats Japan with 3 points. Right now Japan is one victory and 2 pts ahead of Brazil, so if both teams lose their next match, JPN-BRA will be a final for 3rd place and BRA needs to win it with 3 pts (assuming both lose by 3 pts in the previous match).

Japan plays Serbia 9 hours after Brazil-Netherlands...I wonder if we will see some sort of "amicable agreement" to give both what they need.

• What cynical times we live in!

• crovolley _ u said u were not watching because all the games were boring.... But now that we had a good game Bra Vs Mex u think Brazil does not deserve to move on because they lost 1 set? That makes no sense.

I only watched Mex against Serbia and Brazil and they are a very decent team. The setter makes good decisions and she does overuse Bricio, in fact Bricio was probably their weakest link in these past 2 games.... The 16 year old Parra is really good.