2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Brazil don't deserve to reach final6. Like wtf they lost set against Mexico and they almost lost second set. I hope Japan can take their spot.

I was thinking that Bricio is key player of Mexico but She had 7/35, it is pretty bad % in attack.

I agree. All the big teams are demolishing others with 3-0 and Brazil lose set to Mexico and match to Germany? They need wins, they need points and they need set average to reach final 6 and they have almost none of it and comparison with the other NTs.

It will sound a little disrespectul to Mexico, sorry, but it wasnt that Mexico won 1 set, Brazil lost it.

• FYI, Japan was the only team who had beaten Italy's first squad this summer. So no, I'm not kidding.:roll:

• FYI, Japan was the only team who had beaten Italy's first squad this summer. So no, I'm not kidding.:roll:

Any regular member in this forum should be knowing more than taking into account the WGP / VNL results exceeding its designated weight. There were simply many weird results occurred during the annual festive.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• A match between two teams focusing (for obvious reasons) on the later, more important WCH edition (one of them being the host, both defending a lot of points in FIVB ranking, which is crucial for the Olympic qualification) should be evaluated for what it counts: in this case, little more than nothing.

For confirmation, ask France and Russia men's teams how happy they are with their WL/VNL results compared to World and Olympic medals won by others.

• Brazil can only blame themselves for the loss but your criticism is still heavy-handed.

It's the whole "Italy deserved the VNL F6 more than Turkey" again, from the same person too. Certain things don't change around here. Gotta filter the dumb comments.

• If Brazil have good enough results to finish in the top 3 in their pool then they deserve to make the F6. It’s as simple as that.

• After today's results Germany is out of the race for F6. Not that we ever really were in that race, but some dreaming was allowed after the Brazil match ;)

Anyway, up till now I think the team definitely deserves some praise. It's a pity they couldn't turn the good performances against NED and in large parts also against JPN into points/wins, but other than that there is not much to complain about. I've never seen Brinker and Geerties play this well for so many matches in a row, plus Lippmann has established herself as a constant high level player over the last two years. If only we had some better MBs...but there is hope called Camilla Weitzel (18 years).

• If Brazil will lose to the Netherlands will they be out of contention for the final 6?

• If Brazil will lose to the Netherlands will they be out of contention for the final 6?

Not if Serbia beats Japan with 3 points. Right now Japan is one victory and 2 pts ahead of Brazil, so if both teams lose their next match, JPN-BRA will be a final for 3rd place and BRA needs to win it with 3 pts (assuming both lose by 3 pts in the previous match).

• Not if Serbia beats Japan with 3 points. Right now Japan is one victory and 2 pts ahead of Brazil, so if both teams lose their next match, JPN-BRA will be a final for 3rd place and BRA needs to win it with 3 pts (assuming both lose by 3 pts in the previous match).

Thank you :drink:

• Not if Serbia beats Japan with 3 points. Right now Japan is one victory and 2 pts ahead of Brazil, so if both teams lose their next match, JPN-BRA will be a final for 3rd place and BRA needs to win it with 3 pts (assuming both lose by 3 pts in the previous match).

Japan plays Serbia 9 hours after Brazil-Netherlands...I wonder if we will see some sort of "amicable agreement" to give both what they need.

• What cynical times we live in!

• crovolley _ u said u were not watching because all the games were boring.... But now that we had a good game Bra Vs Mex u think Brazil does not deserve to move on because they lost 1 set? That makes no sense.

I only watched Mex against Serbia and Brazil and they are a very decent team. The setter makes good decisions and she does overuse Bricio, in fact Bricio was probably their weakest link in these past 2 games.... The 16 year old Parra is really good.

• By the way, Wikipedia (sort of reliable information) states that Serbia is already qualified to the final 6. Is it true? In this case Serbia could just play with the bench players and help Japan even more.

Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source since anyone could edit the content.