2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Who's defending Serbia:what: They fucked this whole thing up

• Terzic probably rather faces Italy then China atm hence why they did not care today.

But this way they might play both of them. And IF the draws really are fixed to help Japan, Serbia will have to play China and Italy.

• As much as I like the Serbia NT, people need to stop making excuses for them. Playing your backup players is one thing, trying to lose deliberately is another. Their acting skills are just not convincing, all those silly mistakes, there's no justifying for it.

MTE!! They could have won the match or even dragged the match to the 5th set, but oh well....:rolleyes:

I'm hoping Japan will "pick" Serbia in the next round instead of the Netherlands. I want to see a rematch between two teams .

I don't why serbia doesn't try to fight for the first place in this pool, knowing that Italy will be probably the first injthe other. The disruption of the winning mentality with such a "deliberate" loss might cost them in the end.

• Japan is creaming Brazil :white:

Now they can win the pool and throw Italy into the pool of death

Brazil can't handle any difficult situation. Their psychological side is a complete mess

• Who's defending Serbia:what: They fucked this whole thing up

100000000000000000% agreed....And there were simply no need for this...But yeah they totally fucked everything up.

Right now everyone is glad Brazil is gone....just wait until the pool draw comes out and everyone will be writing how much they hate Japan and all that.

• Well they had a fair chance to beat GER, a fair chance to beat NED with 3 points and a fair chance to beat MEX in 3 sets and they failed. I wanted Brazil to qualify, but the fact is they’ve not played well in this competition and that’s why they’re out.

they have played no worse than japan, prior to this game.

the only difference is how hard serbia played both teams.

• I don`t think Serbia is afraid of Italy...Italy is still very young and u don`t know how they will play under pressure...on the other hand China and USA are experienced and they know how to play their best when it count the most.

edit: Remember when Zhu ran out of gas in the 2014 Final? Same thing could happen with Egonu here.

• I don`t think Serbia is afraid of Italy...Italy is still very young and u don`t know how they will play under pressure...on the other hand China and USA are experienced and they know how to play their best when it count the most.

I can only say as a Serbia fan that I am much more afraid of Italy right now than USA and if Terzic has sacrificed an unbeaten record and maybe some of the team's confidence to try to face Italy then I think he is an idiot.

Anyway, I have said all I need to say about the Serbia situation and I imagine all you guys are sick of reading my comments on it. So I'll shut up now on this subject.

• If they can't win they might as well throw it

• I can only say as a Serbia fan that I am much more afraid of Italy right now than USA and if Terzic has sacrificed an unbeaten record and maybe some of the team's confidence to try to face Italy then I think he is an idiot.

Anyway, I have said all I need to say about the Serbia situation and I imagine all you guys are sick of reading my comments on it. So I'll shut up now on this subject.

I`m with u....it is over anyways...so let`s move on and focus on the Final 6 now.

• It is really praiseworthy what Russia is doing now. They are in a do-it-or-die match against China, without their best player, but they are still playing in a high level, fighting for every ball, even though their opponent is better. They were up 20-18 in the third, but once again, the ghost of the bad reception killed them. As well as, in the long rallies they do need a terminator. They missed so bad Goncharova in these clutch moments.

I think Startseva could have set some balls to Fetisova at the end of the set. Chinese block was already over Voronkova.