Men's World Championship 2018

• Trevor Clevenot not part of the NT list :read::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

• The wide roster of Chinese NT for WCH 2018:

S - Li Run-ming, Mao Tian-yi, Liu Meng, Yu Yao-chen

OP - Jiang Chuan, Tang Chuan-hang, Wang Jing-yi

OH - Ji Dao-shuai (C), Liu Li-bin, Zhang Jing-yin, Du Hai-xiang, Zhang Bing-long, Zhang Chen, Yuan Dang-yi

MB - Rao Shu-han, Chen Long-hai, Miao Ruan-tong, Zhang Zu-yuan, Peng Shi-kun

L - Tong Jia-hua, Ma Xiao-teng, Chen Jia-jie

without the players who participated in the qualifier of WCH 2018 - Zhan Guo-jun (S), Li Rui [MB born in 1990] and Chen Tao (L)

Ren Qi (L) won't participate in WCH for the fourth time after 2006, 2010 and 2014.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Ryley Barnes(CAN) suffered a serious injury on his left ankle with ligament lesions and fracture during training.

Recovery time is not specified but it will take some months to heal therefore he is out of the world championship.

volleyball.it

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Final squad of Argentina:

OP - José Luis Gonzalez, Bruno Lima

S - Maximiliano Cavanna, Luciano De Cecco

MB - Pablo Crer, Agustín Loser, Martín Ramos, Sebastián Solé

OH - Facundo Conte, Tomás López, Cristian Poglajen, Lisandro Zanotti

L - Alexis González, Ignacio Fernández

• Earvin Ngapeth has to rest for 2 to 3 weeks due to abs injury like 2017 prior to the ECH. Tillie said theres nothing to worry as it is not as serious as last year's. My concern is the match against Brazil. The rest will be just fine for them without Ngapeth.

• For me who finishes first in Pool A will go to 'Pool of Death'

Pool E can be ' Italy, France, Serbia, Cuba' Since 2 best 2nd will advance , a 3-2 win may not be enough.

Pool G will be the easiest group.

This World Championship looks very balance and difficult. I hope every team will live up to hype.

• A week before the WCH starts, let's discuss broadcasting and streaming in advance. How can we watch the matches online? As far as I read, the new FIVB TV will broadcast the matches. The question is - are there other options, e.g. Sportdeutschland, or will we have to pay FIVB for that?

On TV, BNT should show some/a lot/I don't know how many matches, those of Bulgaria for sure. Which means that those on BNT might be available for streaming somewhere. What about the rest?

• USA WCH roster

OH: Aaron Russell, Taylor Sander(C), Jake Langlois

OP: Matt Anderson, Benjamin Patch

MB: Maxwell Holt, David Smith, Jeff Jendryk, Daniel McDonnell, Taylor Averill

S: Micah Christenson, Kawika Shoji

L: Erik Shoji, Dustin Watten

5 Middle Blockers for USA?!? :white:

For those who are wandering, De Falco is probably out because of school opening.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains ().

• IMHO too much risk with 5th MB instead of 4th OH, but Anderson can be OH if really necessary...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Just a quick broadcasting update from me. BNT, BNT2, and BNT HD will show all matches live in the Bulgarian host cities. These are the groups in Ruse and Varna (Pool B and D) from the first round, Sofia and Varna (G and H) from the second, and the finals in Turin. I am not sure if changing your IP will allow you to open BNT's online streams on their platform, though. Still, FIVB's new TV channel seems like the only alternative for all games for now.

• scarpetta can I hug/marry you for that link you posted? No problems so far. :kiss:

#FreeBritney

• Perrin looked fine today against Slovenia. They lost the match 3-1 but great to see him back. Slovenia second setter was really good. It's gonna be a real big fight in group A. Canada has to find their rhythm though. They have lost every friendly match this fall.