Italian NT 2015

• ITA for European Qualification Olympic Games.

S: Lo Bianco - Malinov

OPPs: Centoni - Diouf - Sorokaite(also OH)

OHs: Piccinini, L.Bosetti, Del Core, Gennari, Trirozzi

MBs: Arrighetti, Chirichella, Guiggi

L: De Gennaro

• It's official?

There is no source?

• it's definitely not official :wavy: tournament is in January so we have to wait ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• ITA Official - 14 Players

L - Ferretti - Orro
    OPP - Centoni - Diouf
    MB - Chirichella - Danesi - Guiggi
    OH - L. Bosetti - Del Core - Egonu - Guerra - Gennari
    L - De Gennaro - Sansonna

No Malinov - Signorile - Ortolani - Bonifacio - Folie - Caterina Bosetti - Piccinini - Sirressi :mad:

http://www.volleyball.it/notizie.asp?n=111348&l=0

• All these youngsters in a such important tournament.... I don't know what to say

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• This is so risky roster for Italy :whistle:
    I like Egonu so much but She is to young, and when you have so many good players in your own league I would take her in Ankara. This tournament is so hard.

But who knows maybe this young players suprised us. ^^

• what happened to Arrighetti ? Is Danesi better than Folie ?

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• This Italian roster looks unstable to me...no Arrighetti, Picci, Ortolani.....(Leo, Costagrande)...that is huge eperience...

Diouf ??? She is still just tall...

Egonu and Orro...not too early?

Risky roster indeed...

• Agree, I'd take at least Folie and Ortolani... any more experienced OH instead of Egonu/Guerra could be also tried :whistle: on the other hand good to see Orro here, though she's also inexperienced, but she's more talented than Malinov, while Signorile has hard times...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

Edited once, last by kondzio ().

• I have nothing against the Bosetti sisters, but I guess their call has got nothing to do with their parents. Their mom almost died months ago and she's probably busy to take care of her health. So I don't think family has something to do with their call. Mostly Italy new generation is simply weak. Federation knows that and promted Club Italia to Serie A1.

I haven't seen any of their games yet. I don't know how good they are. Coming back to the Bosettis: Lucia has been injured so many times (and she's just 26) that it's a miracle to me she still plays in a top league and top competitions (like Champions League)... Caterina is simply an average player.

• When has Lucia been injured "so many times"? :what: I only remember the ACL injury (which is unfortunately nothing uncommon among Volleyball players) and an ankle injury some years ago. What else did she suffer?

About Caterina, we must not forget that after all she is still only 21. She might not live up to the hype around her when she was 17-18, but she can still become a very good player.

• I have nothing against the Bosetti sisters, but I guess their call has got nothing to do with their parents. Their mom almost died months ago and she's probably busy to take care of her health. So I don't think family has something to do with their call. Mostly Italy new generation is simply weak. Federation knows that and promted Club Italia to Serie A1.

I haven't seen any of their games yet. I don't know how good they are. Coming back to the Bosettis: Lucia has been injured so many times (and she's just 26) that it's a miracle to me she still plays in a top league and top competitions (like Champions League)... Caterina is simply an average player.

Bosetti's father is VERY influential in the political sphere of FIPAV, this has been confirmed by several persons. Some former NT players went ballistic on facebook and other social media during the world championships bronze medal match, Lucchetta wrote something like "what on earth does she has to do next in order to be benched?".

• Bosetti had 2 serious injuries, but also many minor injuries... last one few days ago. There was a while where she became unconscious during trainings, once it also happened during a match. :aww:

Talking about injuries... I just read Chiara Scarabelli came back to court. She can't play high level volleyball anymore, becuase of her 5 surgeries on the left knee, but she's back on court just for passion in Serie D (sixth level of the italian championship, the second highest regional one). During a match she scored 48 points. :D What a pity: she was the most talented of the Junior NT which won the WCH. ;(

• About Caterina, we must not forget that after all she is still only 21. She might not live up to the hype around her when she was 17-18, but she can still become a very good player.

Agree about Cate. This season, her club is having troubles with everything so it is not her fault that there are many OHs and I still believe that she is the most useful one in that team. She had a very good season in Galatasaray last year, despite playing with a terrible partner like Meijners. She receives, serves and defends amazing. Besides she is a smart attacker. She is a very good team player and I honestly see no reason why she shouldn't be better than her older versions like Fe Garay and Gözde Sonsirma who are well known world stars. Were they this good when they were 21?

• Whatever happens, Antonella Del Core wants to finish her career after this season. She also wants to start a family with her husband Francesco.

(source - the interview in gazzetta.it)